Laughing City
mister_joseph
Golly, Poster

because i'm nosy
and because it's so late its early
the sound of grown men singing 'meow meow kitty kitty'
sounds like the greatest thing since pet sounds
nosy minds want to know:

where/how did you discover eisley? be specific...curious to see how this little-known band got so many fans....

rmlawrence
Vintage Newbie

I went to see Coldplay in January 2003. I didn't know who the opening band was... but somebody said it was "MossEisley." Later, this group of young, good-looking folks comes on stage. I was sucked in from the very first song (and that never happens... I generally dislike opening acts)! I believe they played "Over the Mountains We Go" first. The chorus amazed me. I went to the web site and this message board that night after the show. And I'm still here.
Last edited by rmlawrence on Sun Jun 27, 2004 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Sara89
Golly, Poster

There have been several threads concerning this, but another won't hurt.

I first heard about Eisley on the Coldplay website when I was going through a major Coldplay obsession. I later saw a small paragraph on them in a RS magazine I was looking through and I thought the fact one of the singers happened to be my age was incredibly cool. A month later, I saw the Laughing City EP when I was getting some cds, but even with the low price, I couldn't buy it at the moment. About two weeks later, my sister was going to the same store and I had her get it for me since I wanted some new music on a long trip and even though I really had no clue what they were going to sound like, I was really drawn to the EP. I later listened to it several times and Eisley became one of my favorite bands. Pretty good when you only have heard 5 of their songs.

Nostalgia
Sea Post King

I remember seeing the Marvelous Things video on tv, and I thought it was pretty cool. When I first saw it, I had never heard of Eisley before, and I didn't even get to see who the band was in the video. Then a while later, I was watching IMX, and Brand New was on there. The band members got to pick a video to play, and Jesse picked Marvelous Things. That's when I found out who the band was, and since then, I have loved Eisley.
Joined: 27 Jan 2004 | Posts: 159 | Location: Somewhere around the globe.
shyviolet
Lost at Forum

they were at cornerstone in 2002 and on the last night of the festival someone i knew was going to go see them play so i showed up too and i liked what i heard. so i bought the ep2 and checked out the website some. and that was about it. and then the following summer i came across 'laughing city' in the used bin at a music store so i bought it and then revisited the website. this time things took more hold and i ended up joining the forum. i liked the band right from the start but for some reason it took a little while for me to really become serious about liking them. i'm often like that about bands.
homesick_alien
Vintage Newbie

a rolling stone magazine I wasn't intending on buying but it had a special of 'women in rock" so i bought it and on page 3 or something Eisley was there and they had the best radiohead poster in the background so I went to the website...that simple, bit boring, I wish i had a good story
Sea Post King

I was doing a google search to find info about the upcoming Star Wars Episode 3. I got sidetracked, and I thought I was gonna find some tightness Lando Calrissian wallpapers and/or screen savers, but instead I ended up here.
The day it single with half is done. Today I questioned all never. I have two way to choose: To be forever to crush and miss of with relief compensating single close to the failure memory, or cynicism. No the exit. I do not want either or one. Do fact any life does it come here, or it is only myself? A choice between torturing or the very grotesque escape.

-Josey Price

comrade
swtcatastr0phexx
Sea Post King

i heard them on the adventure club- radio show that plays good stuff- about 2 years ago
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Friend was telling me about this little family band that was pretty good called Moss Eisley before we watched the Second City players at SFA in Nacogdoches. It sticks to mind because I had to correcty his pronunciation (the Star Wars geek I am). I forgot to look for them online until I ran across them in Blender magazine early August '03 (the first time I had seen it). It took me several hours to realize Eisley was Moss Eisley. I came here, downloaded two songs, bought the EP, signed up for the forum and haven't left yet. Very Happy

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Berman
Sea Post King

i got into a fight with a friend from texas over whose state has the better music scene, it got pretty heated and lets just say some things were thrown, i.e. fists, books, and other random stuff. anywho when all was said and done i came here download some songs, punch my friend and i loved them ever since, that was more then a year ago.

"I wish I could just hug you all, but I'm not gonna" Layne Staley 1967-2002

come read me stuff, some say it's nice
Joined: 26 Jun 2004 | Posts: 30 | Location: Williamstown, MA or Wisconsin somewhere
ilitherian
Vintage Newbie

i saw them in white oak texas when they opened up for Uncle Andrew's last gig (it was a reunion). that was several summers ago... two years? three years? something like that.
granpaturtle
Vintage Newbie

boyd came to me in a dream and he said "Elder Turtle, you must travel far to the promised land of Texas and there you will seek the power of the Eisley..." so i just got on the internet and BAM found all this stuf...
berlies_
Lost at Forum

I saw them at the Hollywood Bowl when I saw Coldplay - Will and I automatically went and bought the EP.
markr
Lost at Forum

soooo mr joeseph, listening to leaf house over and over are you? makes me wanna sing tongs too. Eisley was on a bill with a lot of heavies at sxsw a few years back including bands like The Coral but guess who was the talk of that showcase none of the heavies, i was not there but i have friends who were...... so i kinda kept my eyes , ears open,, when i first heard Eisley?? I imagined if Botticelli Angels could sing this is what they would sound like!........P.S you could win a rabbit
Last edited by markr on Mon Jun 28, 2004 2:43 am; edited 1 time in total
mister_joseph
Golly, Poster

[quote="markr"]soooo mr joeseph, listening to leaf house over and over are you? makes me wanna sing tongs too. /quote]

Good call, sir. Good call....