Laughing City

How did you become an Eisley aficionado??
Through the Texas music scene
18%
 18%  [ 6 ]
I knew them before they were even in a band!!
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
Discovered them supporting Coldplay
21%
 21%  [ 7 ]
Saw them at V2003
9%
 9%  [ 3 ]
Some other reason....describe below
43%
 43%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 32

KyleRossP
Sea Post King

I saw them at a concert in Dallas in a tiny club on a Friday night. They were the 2nd band to play on a roster of 4 that night. After the 3rd band played, i went to the merch table to see what they had for sale, where i met Sherri, who was very kind and invited me to watch them again the next night, where they were playing in Denton, TX. My schedule allowed that, so, the next night I arrived early, found Sherri, who introduced me to the rest of the band, and to Boyd, and the rest is history!
Tiff
Sea Post King

I saw them at a coffee shop like a year and a half ago..and Taylor was playing bass instead of Jonathan cause he was in Ca.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
markymark106
Golly, Poster

Um, I saw the Towheads back Brewtones' glory days. Then I saw Sinclair play with Somerset at Revelation Room. the end.
AearTeilu
Sea Post King

I missed out on the very last (official) MossLake show because "I wasn't old enough" by my parents' standards. I was almost 18 at the time. I'd heard the Midlake ep on their site earlier because my brother had mentioned the name, so I figgered I'd check out (Moss)Eisley, too, just to even things out. So I did and I got even more mad that I was missing out because I was -ahem- too young. Sad but cool though it may be, your performance at Trees for the Buzz Oven thing was only the second show I'd been allowed to go to. A nice second show it was, too.
Lisa
Golly, Poster

sinead wrote:
I was just wondering where we all come from!

For me....

I was on the Coldplay website in about January 2003, checking for UK tourdates. It had a blurb about the more recent American tour, and info about who was supporting them.
It had a link to the (formerly known as) mosseisley.com and a little message telling us to check them out because they were a band heavily influenced by British bands like Coldplay and Radiohead.

So i checked them out...and here i am.
Laughing

same as me Very Happy

'It's never over, shes the tear that hangs inside my soul forever.' - Jeff Buckley
Joined: 27 May 2003 | Posts: 904 | Location: West Yorkshire, England
gRegor
the gEek

cornerstone 2002 at the good recommendation of a friend
ptah
Sea Post King

I cast my ballot under "through Dallas music scene", but thought I'd share anywho. I saw them open for Seven Channels at The Curtain Club back in October of 2002 (I think). Then saw them play the North Texas Music Fest in November of '02, and I've been hooked ever since.

P.

www.myspace.com/ptah
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
boyd
Eisleyoid

i saw them play at v-fest in the UK and was hooked. I flew home with them and have been living with their mom. so far, so good, but tonight I had to help them load out 50 tons of gear which wasn't so fun. I still like the band and sometimes find myself singing...."I...swallowed a rabbit..."; i think that's a lyric on a new song of theirs.

"The industrialists never saw the fruit of their own labor - Post Moderism,
which I now proclaim as dead. Their forefathers digital revolutionists,
have accelerated the final resolve by punctuating an end to our chaotic
journey with a new manifesto and a new era: The Age of Meaning."

(manifesto's sold separate)
Welcome: Illuminists
Bartman
Golly, Poster

boyd wrote:
...and sometimes find myself singing...."I...swallowed a rabbit..."; i think that's a lyric on a new song of theirs.

There was an old woman who swallowed a fly (I don't know why she swallowed a fly), perhaps she'll die.
She swallowed a spider to catch the fly...

Anyway, I first discovered them back when they posted a little 4-5 line advertisement in an e-mail news distribution thing to which I subscribed. I checked out their web page link and contacted them for a demo and was blown away by what I heard, so I booked them for a concert and everthing was fun!

dallasboi
Sea Post King

Nice stats on your webpage, bartman..!! "Hopefully, my friends will quit smoking weed and play the guitar lol" Laughing
Andrew
Lost at Forum

I met Boyd back in 56' we were in the great war together and Ive know that young man since then, Oh what the great stories we can tell you, but thats for another post Im really tired after my 3pm dinner now its time for my back pill Ugggg.

::Andrew Jerryd Mattis::
::Certified genius::

P.S. Just because Im old dosent mean I cant bop to the fresh beats of his childrens.
Joined: 05 Nov 2002 | Posts: 1479 | Location: Dallas, Texas
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
dylans_vagabond
Sea Post King

I saw them with Coldplay in Chicago, loved them, and became a fan. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
kris
Ubernerd Moderator

I first heard MossEisley through my good friend Daniel Kraft in October of 2001. October 5th. I still remember that... crazy. it's been almost two years.
ilitherian
Vintage Newbie

boyd? what the heck? you make me laugh aloud sometimes. for all the dorm room to hear... which is no one but me at the moment... im hungry