Laughing City
kingspin
Really Dizzy Admin

Smile
Joined: 28 May 2003 | Posts: 271 | Location: The Hills of Bountiful
Bzdnika
Sea Post King

i haven't seen the new site yet but the forum looks pretty. it caught me off guard. i was watching a topic and came here and it was all different. now if you could only add a chat...i don't have AIM and AIM has wintangent, and wintangent is a virus...is there anyway i can go there without AIM? i have AOL
"You gotta think about a'starvin people gotta eat sand to survive. Sand ain't got no nurtrients...I know, 'cuz I eat it constantly. I got zero energy, i cough all the time, my diet's bad and zzzz.....zzzz....zzzz.....zzz.....zzz.."
-Meatwad
Ashayne
Sea Post King

I'm loving everything except that flash links can't be opened in new tabs...but that's a small matter.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
gRegor
the gEek

Bzdnika wrote:
i haven't seen the new site yet but the forum looks pretty. it caught me off guard. i was watching a topic and came here and it was all different. now if you could only add a chat...i don't have AIM and AIM has wintangent, and wintangent is a virus...is there anyway i can go there without AIM? i have AOL

There are alternative programs to AIM such as Trillian and Gaim. Gaim is slightly geekier, so I'd probably suggest you try Trillian first. Trillian also supports other chat protocols like IRC, MSN Messenger, Yahoo! Messenger, and ICQ so you can use all of them from one program if you want. No spyware.

Alternately, I do believe the latest versions of AIM prompt you when you're installing whether you'd like to install WildTangent or not. It is not a virus, however, or at least I have not been able to find anything to that effect. If it was, I doubt AOL would continue distributing it with their software. It is classified by as spyware though since it reports supposedly anonymous statistics about users.

Bzdnika
Sea Post King

it's not exactly a virus, i mean, it won't seriously muck up your computer, but it is harmful. my cousin works with symantec, the company that makes norton anti-virus, and he was telling me about it. i forgot exactly what it does but it's nothing good. but thanks for the reccomendations. and i think i'll try the "nerdy" one first, because i am, in fact, a nerd. i'm just a cool nerd...
"You gotta think about a'starvin people gotta eat sand to survive. Sand ain't got no nurtrients...I know, 'cuz I eat it constantly. I got zero energy, i cough all the time, my diet's bad and zzzz.....zzzz....zzzz.....zzz.....zzz.."
-Meatwad
gRegor
the gEek

why on earth are you on AOL then? Very Happy
Bzdnika
Sea Post King

because i'm poor and it's easy to steal
-Meatwad