Laughing City
sweeeeet
Golly, Poster

I bought the CD at Borders. It wasn't in Target, Best Buy, or Strawberries but there was one lone copy in Borders.
I love it of course! Laughing I've had it on in the car
I love it because it's different. It doesn't sound like a lof of the stuff out there.

Can you tell the difference between Hoobastank, Saliva, Creed, Nickelback, or 3 Doors Down? Me either!

How about Sum 41, Blink 182, Good Charlotte, Yellowcard, New Found Glory, Simple Plan, All American Rejects or American Hi Fi? Me either!

This band is Eisley, and NOBODY sounds like Eisley.

vmiprestrain
Sea Post King

love it.
that's all that really needs to be said.
Joined: 05 Nov 2002 | Posts: 434 | Location: Bridgewater, VA
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Shain
Vintage Newbie

I am playing it really loud at work. doing what I can to enjoy it and get people to hear it. I have already recruited 10 people that have been in and out of the office to go buy it.

that freaking says something about a band. really it does.

Golly, Poster

I walked into Best Buy this morning and picked up a copy out of the 10 or so they had stocked. Then I put it into my car and listened away. Then I sang along and that's the end of my story.
ijustpeedalittle
Sea Post King

well, i cant really say i have an experience with "i got room noises" and im not sure how sales went
but if the monroe, louisiana area sold out
id say theyre doing pretty freakin good.

end of story

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PfR73
Sea Post King

I woke up this morning and drove to Waterloo Records to get there like right when it opened to pick up the two copies I preordered last week during the instore so I could get a free lithograph to get signed by the band.

I got my two copies no sweat. Every one else in like (like 3 people) were also either picking up or buying Room Noises. I listened to it in the car driving home (I got through "Brightly Wound"). I then took it up to my computer to rip the tracks and add them to my digital music library. Then I listened to it some more in my car as I went to work at Best Buy.

Today I was stuck working as a cashier for the first time in months, instead of customer service like I normally work, so I couldn't implement my plan. At the customer service desk we have a portable boombox that we usually just listen to the radio on. I was going to play Room Noises and put up a sign saying "Now playing: Eisley-Room Noises. Released today and only $11.99" I'm going to do it when I work next on Thursday.

Only 1 bought the CD at my register today, I was disappointed. But I did have a nice conversation with the one girl who did buy it. She said she couldn't wait to get out of high school today to come right over and buy it. She saw them last Monday at the Parish just like I did and loved it.

Now that I've been home, I've listened to the album on my computer from the rip I made. I absolutely love it of course. I feel like they're a little more Sixpence and a little less Radiohead on this album, but that's ok. Hearing the studio version of "Brightly Wound" I can now understand why the record company wanted it on their. It's probably the most standard radio song on the CD. I can definitely see hearing it on Mix 94.7 here.

If you haven't bought the album yet, what's wrong with you?

PS. I am a little disappointed the Lost At Sea remix is not on the CD, I was looking forward to it.
zealot
Sea Post King

well uhhh..i was at the troubadour and i went up to the merch table where christie was working, said hi, and bought one! i know...that story was amazing.
holiday
Sea Post King

i woke up early this morning and was one of the only people in Hastings right when it opened. i couldn't even get the door opened, i was so excited, but the lady right behind me got it open. thanked her and rushed through the doors, walked to the "new music" section, but didn't see it, so i looked in the "eisley" divider in the main area. finally asked for help (mind you, i was only in the store for 4 minutes) and the guy directed me back to the "new music" section and finally found it. there were maybe 5 or 6 copies. told the guy at the counter he HAD to listen to a copy soon. rushed out of the store (as i was late on my start to classes), did a little excited hop in the doorway and half-skipped/half-ran to my car.

blasted the first 6 songs in my car by the time i got to college and oh, my! i love it! been listening to it since classes got over!

i can't wait until the crocodile cafe on friday in seattle!

percepto-girl
Sea Post King

wow. i was totally ineisleyated as i made an illegal move in an intersection on my way to best buy. stupid confusing lane markings.

i jumped to the ceiling when i lovingly held the cd in my hands.

people stared.

i skipped out with a plate of gold.

then i drowned in eisley tunes.

martini kiss
Sea Post King

So, after school I went with my friend and took the bus to one of my neighboring cities. At first, we waited at the bus stop for like half an hour. My friend wanted to just give up and leave, but no, I was not going to. I had to get it today. I was determined.

So we hopped on the bus, and after what seemed liked 5 million stops, we finally got there to the underground record store. I was so excited. I was practically power walking all the way, and my friend tried to catch up. She doesn't really care for Eisley, she says they're "hippie music". Pfft. So when I walked into the store, I looked in the 'New Releases' section, but did not find it. Confused at kind of scared at the same time, I ran up to the lady that worked there and asked where it was. She then pointed this OTHER new releases section, so then I smile and say "thank you" while running over to it. I grab it, grin, and then run back to the lady. I pay for it, and then me and my friend leave.

We then go to this little restaraunt to have a quick snack. I then have this idea, that maybe I can get the people that work there to play it. So I walk up to her, CD in hand, and ask her if it was okay if she could play it aloud. She asks if there's any cussing, I tell her no, and so she takes it and puts it in. That made me very happy! So I was with my friend, eating cheese bread, listening to Room Noises, and just enjoying it all. It was just fantastic. We only got up to Brightly Wound, but it was still just amazing.

I'm so in love with this CD like you would not believe.

mandarin mach
Sea Post King

Me and Brian (schizorage) went to Meijer at midnight, and they didn't get it. We then went to Wal-Mart, they were closed. We then went to Biggs, their electronics dept. was closed. We then went home empty-handed...
This evening we went to Circuit City, they had 1 copy. I just happened to find it before Brian did. We then proceeded to go to: Target, Best Buy, Wal-Mart, and Borders. Borders had 2 copies, but Brian didn't wanna pay $13.99 when I only paid $10.99, so... we went to a diff. Circuit City, didn't see it nowheres, so he asked the hot chick at the customer service desk about it, she made a call, and some dude brought a copy up. Alas, we both had Room Noises. It was a long, hard, frustrating journey finding it, but it was worth it.

Unregistered
Laughing Citizen

sorry. the album is so AMAZING! and wonderful and so pretty and moving and it makes lots of smiling. thank you eisley! and the artwork is so beautiful! it really is.
Last edited by Unregistered on Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:56 pm; edited 4 times in total
Super_Dave
Golly, Poster

I had to go to college in the morning.... Confused All I was thinking was getting my self the copy of "Room Noises". I had to wait till 12:30 p.m. for my friend to give me a ride to Best Buy. When I got there I had to ask an employee for a copy, since it wasn't on the selves. I love this Album!!!! I've been listening to it all day Cool

"Speak when you are angry - and you'll make the best speech you'll ever regret"

www.purevolume.com/247
Joined: 18 Oct 2004 | Posts: 618 | Location: San Antonio, TX
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Terebinthia
Vintage Newbie

I went to my first class...sang for an hour...drove to Target where I was sure it would be, but then I was abducted by a man wearing a Big Bird suit and he said he would not let me go until I gave him a Moon Pie. I told him I didn't have a Moon Pie with me so he said I had to find one, but he would not let me go by mself so he squished into my car with his Big Bird outfit and we went to the supermarket.

I proceeded to tell him I had a class at 2pm and planned to go to Target to pick up Eisley's cd. He told me he was sorry that he had messed up my schedule (and he had a strange accent, this man in a bird suit. It was almost British, but not quite. So he sounded polite....of course). And finally we found the Moon Pie and he was so happy...gobbled it up...and...

Okay, that didn't happen, but I did go to Target and it wasn't there so on my way back from lunch to class I went to the Wherehouse and it was not on any shelves...went to the lady at the reigister and asked he if she knew if a cd by Eisley had come in. She asked me what the name of the album was and I told her..and then she said we have one...which was weird because why would they only have one? I think she meant one result came up for Eisley in her search. Anyway, I was the first to get the cd in that store, so it was cool.

And my teacher had me play it in painting class. Woohoo! Very Happy I have been listening to it all day.

Commentary on creepy online men who use fake photos of girly Fabiosos to get the ladies:

"The longer my hair gets, the more sexy I have" - Jamie M.
Joined: 10 Jan 2005 | Posts: 3967 | Location: In between here and there.
Last edited by Terebinthia on Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Awesome. Smile

I went to Best Buy, and was really proud of my friends and it was weird but cool buying their CD in that place. That's about it.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address