Laughing City
TheJake
Sea Post King

It's 2/8/05 and I'm not seeing the Room Noises album on iTunes. My iPod is very upset, he's almost inconsolable. What's the deal?
TheJake
Sea Post King

umm...

My iPod is very depressed. Now are you happy? Geez...
Lost At Sea
Sea Post King

TheJake wrote:
umm...

My iPod is very depressed. Now are you happy? Geez...

no

Sea Post King

I thought they'd put it up at 12 AM. I waited until 5 PM, and then decided that I just needed to take the bus to Tower Records Razz
Joined: 22 Sep 2004 | Posts: 196 | Location: Redmond, WA, USA
TheJake
Sea Post King

My iPod is on top of the fridge and he says he's gonna jump if he doesn't get Room Noises soon. I fear for his safety. He's so crazy he just might do it!
merry andrew
Sea Post King

TheJake wrote:
My iPod is on top of the fridge and he says he's gonna jump if he doesn't get Room Noises soon. I fear for his safety. He's so crazy he just might do it!

Like the floor around the fridge with pillows. Poor iPod.
Joined: 22 Sep 2004 | Posts: 196 | Location: Redmond, WA, USA
Dman0808
Sea Post King

you should buy the CD anyways because of the great artwork!!

**Hold on, Hold on, to the ones you love**
Pre-Order te new DMB studio album here
Don't Forget to Use the Promotional Code: BMDWB7WTHBX
giant_
Laughing Citizen

If I were you I would just buy the cd and then rip it to your ipod. Why pay for mp3s or mp4s when you can get a neat booklet and cd with art and pictures for the same price?
TheJake
Sea Post King

I've been trying to talk him down for hours. I called the police and they have deployed one of those air-filled bags on the kitchen floor - just in case. I think I'm making progress - I'll keep you posted...
TheJake
Sea Post King

First of all the art ain't all that great (sorry Boyd) in my opinion.

Second I already have several of these songs on CD from the EPs... why would I pay for them again?

Do I look like Daddy frickin' Warbucks to you? Well do I Mr. Moneybags? I'm glad you have so much disposable cash to buy the same songs over and over again - you're such a good little consumer. I'd pat your sweet little head (all while pitying you) if you were sitting here.

Now where was I?...
TheJake
Sea Post King

Ah yes...

It's been several hours now and my iPod is still teetering on the edge of doom. Won't someone please reassure him that Room Noises will be on iTunes soon? The police realized that they don't care if an inanimate object falls to it's demise - so they left and took the air-filled bag with them.

HELP!
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Well, the redone songs do put the old ones to shame. And I don't think four bucks is a whole lot. And I've been pretty freaking poor in my life.

That said, I don't know what the hold up is. Seems strange.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
TheJake
Sea Post King

Where did you find it for 4 bucks?!

I am so there!
sleepyt0es
Sea Post King

the itunes CD is way frickin cheaper than me taking the train to the nearest town with a supermegaentertainmart store (about 5 bucks round trip) then walking (time is money people) then buying a marked-up 16 dollar plasticwrapped rubiks cube encased CD if the stoner employee can even find it.

so thats more time+5 bucks for train+ 16 dollars of plastic desk-space-wasting rectangles= 3 dollars more than I currently have in my bank account.

Plus, I still have 12 bucks on the itunes gift card i got for christmas, so this sucka's gonna be FREEEEE

and i'll wait
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
EisleyForever
Vintage Newbie

TheAntrider wrote:
Well, the redone songs do put the old ones to shame.

(MT 'Memories', 'Marvelous Things' and LC 'I Wasn't Prepared' and 'Telescope Eyes' turn around from their group conversation suddenly after overhearing this. Stunned, they stare in aaaaawe, aaaaaaaaAAAAWWWWWWWE!!! at Jamie)

"... W- ... What?" 'Marvelous Things' manages to get out ... the rest are almost too shocked to speak.
However, 'Telescope Eyes', overcoming his shock, reacts badly.
"What did that biznatch just say about us?"
The rest of the songs follow suit.
"Did he just ... choose our new versions over US?" 'Memories' flips its hair, hands on hips.
'Marvelous Things' makes a sassy face and snaps, "It's almost as if Jamie is cheating on we middle-aged songs with grace, for some ... some ... 20-year-old twinkie in the city!"
"YES!" 'I Wasn't Prepared' exclaims. "That's exactly IT! You hit the nail on the head, my old friend."
"WHOA," 'Marvelous Things' whips around to glare at 'I Wasn't Prepared'.
"Did you just call me old?"
"I ... " 'I Wasn't Prepared', true to its nature, was not prepared for that remark.
"You're older than me, and you're calling ME old? Oh, you are so out of line, you --" 'Marvelous Things' doesn't bother to finish the sentence as it walks towards a whimpering 'I Wasn't Prepared', looking around and picking up a rudamentory lathe, hitting it to her palm to indicate that 'I Wasn't Prepared' is not prepared for the beating that it has coming.

'Marvelous Things' pounces on 'I Wasn't Prepared', but the fight doesn't last long. 'Memories' and 'Telescope Eyes', until now taking bets on who would win, remembered that they should break it up.
"Whoa, whoa, whoa, cut it out! You're humouring me. I wonder, why can't you two see how good friends you once were? Let's not let that Jamie use his mind powers on us to get out of getting beaten up by a bunch of songs. He's trying to turn us on each other!" 'Marvelous Things' and 'I Wasn't Prepared' nod in agreement, and apologize to each other, hugging.

"Now," The songs turn to Jamie, "Let's not walk away from this fight being put to shame by our younger counterparts."

"When we're done with Jamie," 'Memories' quips, "Firing, flaming colours will surround HIM!"
The songs break out the rudamentory lathes and prepare for battle.