Laughing City
cmnet
Sea Post King

I'm in the process of putting together a fan site for Eisley, probably the first one yet (that I know of). I'd really like to know what you guys think about this..good idea/now a good idea? Also, if anyones interested in helping out, post here..or pm me. thanks! Laughing
giant_
Laughing Citizen

neat idea but there are two really good ones already
www.orangegoldandgreen.com and http://www.freewebtown.com/snowflakevillage/ (sadly is down now) but these shouldnt stop you from going on and making your own Smile

spacecadet
Sea Post King

I'VE BEEN WANTING TO START A GREAT FANSITE FOR AGES! I know there is the orangegreenandgold one, but it really isn't all that great - though it does have a lot of the videos! I think it would be great to have something with a detailed history (which doesn't seem to be too hard to write up), in-depth profiles on each of the members and those involved, a great image gallery, including shots from the shows, media of any sort of course, a location with all of the interviews and such put on it, appearances, etc., etc. There are lots of things your can put on fansites! Look at stuff like hilary-duff.net. There's just a giant collection of stuff about her.

myspace - http://www.myspace.com/hermionegranger
xanga - http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=lapras
greatestjournal - http://highmore.greatestjournal.com/info
livejournal - http://www.livejournal.com/userinfo.bml?user=tangycandy
yoetheterrible
Sea Post King

The old Eisley site had awesome profiles and "shtuff", i miss it
cmnet
Sea Post King

awesome, i've seen both of those links posted. nice sites indeed..but i'm all about design and in depth content..those sites seem to be just basic stuff..i'm making a layout now..i'll post a preview if anyones intrested in checking it out.
dangerous
Sea Post King

OGG is a very nice and original looking!
Joined: 13 Nov 2003 | Posts: 165 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida
cryptictonight
Lost at Forum

I think you should definitely go for it, if you want to create a site.
We could always use another Eisley fansite! Smile

But...in defense of OGG, I think it is pretty much very in-depth and has tons of content (as far as rare songs and videos go).
The site is organized very well..
And they are working on putting up an extensive and well researched history of the band.
There are a few parts of the site that could use some smoothing up, (the picture section isnt the easiest to navigate)
But I can't imagine how much more info you could conjure up.
Maybe a bit lengthier profiles...but what would your sources for that be? Just curious.

The old eisley.com profiles were the best. I miss them as well. I don't know ...the new site just seems so distant or something. Old site had a more "real" feel to it, with the profiles written by the band, and the art section, and sort of friendly disarray with mp3s scattered about. Like a comfy yet cluttered room...
Oh i miss it. Sad

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

A little competition for OGG won't hurt. I'm using "competition" loosely, as the Internet is plenty big for anyone to do what they want. Go for it.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

I think it'd be great if someone was really original and made an Eisley coffee table book.

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
akira_takahashi
Lost at Forum

Pantheon4 wrote:
I think it'd be great if someone was really original and made an Eisley coffee table book.

With pictures and such?
Well, I have nothing better to do....

granpaturtle
Vintage Newbie

spacecadet wrote:
I'VE BEEN WANTING TO START A GREAT FANSITE FOR AGES! I know there is the orangegreenandgold one, but it really isn't all that great - though it does have a lot of the videos! I think it would be great to have something with a detailed history (which doesn't seem to be too hard to write up), in-depth profiles on each of the members and those involved, a great image gallery, including shots from the shows, media of any sort of course, a location with all of the interviews and such put on it, appearances, etc., etc. There are lots of things your can put on fansites! Look at stuff like hilary-duff.net. There's just a giant collection of stuff about her.

oh yeah, you're new

<--- working on detailed history with boyd it might go on OrangeGoldandGreen it might go right here on eisley.com, depends on how good of a job i do, hahaha.

and OGG has some of the stuff you mentioned, that big photobucket is our picture gallery and you can have acess to it as a fan (pm chasd00 for the password) also we have bios, they aren't indepth but is there so much more you need to know? i have some interviews, i forgot to post em, hahaha, i'll get on that.
and someone was working on a gigography i think...and don't forget we have the gear section! crucial for Eisley fans...

ok, i'm done sticking up for OGG, to this guy starting his own fan site, have fun dude, and send us a link so we can add you to the OGG link page

akira_takahashi
Lost at Forum

If you want an example of a GREAT fansite go to www.black-goat.com
I hop OGG will be that good one day

Admiral79
Lost at Forum

Yeah, I don't know what he's saying. OGG is pretty fab and apparently is only going to get better. I don't see another fansite being better than it. But, I welcome all to try. Gives me more places to surf when I'm bored. Very Happy
chasd00
it's pronounced "chasdew"

i have a timeline that goes back to 1998, if ever get off my arse i'll put it up on ogg.

but yea, def start one up man! the more the merrier.

unclearlies
Vintage Newbie

Yeah nothing compares, nothing compares to OGG.... Wink

goto page
 | next >>