Laughing City
guitarfreak217
Vintage Newbie

Well, as I stated in the other thread, there is absolutely no way to get into the Double Door unless you're over 21 with a valid ID. It sucks, but I think I'll get over it eventually. Or, I'll get over it if I can see them at either The Quest or the Grog Shop.
Igaveflowerstostacy
Golly, Poster

Yeah it's bull-crap!!
I wanted to go see muse at the mercy lounge in nashville, and it was 18 & up and I wanted to murder someone!
I think age limits are retarded for Eisley shows!
remember that poll...

10-12
0% [ 2 ]
13-14
5% [ 25 ]
15-16
20% [ 91 ]
17-18
19% [ 87 ]
19-20
19% [ 87 ]
21-22
11% [ 50 ]
23-24
10% [ 46 ]
25-26
5% [ 24 ]
27-28
4% [ 18 ]
29-30
2% [ 12 ]
The majority of Eisley fans are not 21 & up.

"I was on tour in the United States back in '89 and we did a show in Cincinnati. During that show I shouted out, 'It's great to be in Cincinnati!' That was a lie."
-David Bowie
Joined: 17 Mar 2005 | Posts: 649 | Location: Gotham City, Tennessee
itsfunnyhowyour...
Sea Post King

Admiral79 wrote:
Antiarches wrote:
Admiral79 wrote:
I'll try calling them and finding out the details. But, I say just show up. I'll get ya in.

will you have a clone in chicago???

Well, I am from Illinois and my brother does live in Chicago. Unfortunately I don't think he digs Eisley. Sad

Dude, I'm from Illinois but I know live in GA too!!!! There seems to be a lot of us down here. If you ever go to a Cubs/Braves game at Turner, you'll see most of em.....

This 21+ thing is really lame though. I turn 21 in September, so Eisley is coming exactly 2 months too early. Nice timing guys.....

Hopefully they won't be too strict and I'll be able to use one of my friend's IDs. If that doesn't work......Admiral.....gimme your digits!

Antiarches
Sea Post King

guitarfreak217 wrote:
Well, as I stated in the other thread, there is absolutely no way to get into the Double Door unless you're over 21 with a valid ID. It sucks, but I think I'll get over it eventually. Or, I'll get over it if I can see them at either The Quest or the Grog Shop.

i'm going to both the show at the quest AND the grog shop... maybe the day in between i'll come home and pretend i'm seeing them at the double door? orrrr... astrally project myself into the club... yes, that's IT!

Joined: 10 Apr 2005 | Posts: 341 | Location: Tinley Park, IL
fakeplastic
Sea Post King

Yeah.. 21+ is totally lame.

I can't imagine any of the bands being too pleased about this.

I know lovedrug won't be. Last time I saw them it was at an 18+ venue and Dave was telling me how much he hated playing at these venues (at least 60 kids were turned down).

Oh well.. get your mother to go with you

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Admiral79
Lost at Forum

itsfunnyhowyour... wrote:

Dude, I'm from Illinois but I know live in GA too!!!! There seems to be a lot of us down here. If you ever go to a Cubs/Braves game at Turner, you'll see most of em.....

This 21+ thing is really lame though. I turn 21 in September, so Eisley is coming exactly 2 months too early. Nice timing guys.....

Hopefully they won't be too strict and I'll be able to use one of my friend's IDs. If that doesn't work......Admiral.....gimme your digits!

Yeah, you probably won't find me at any Cubs/Braves game since I pretty much hate both of those teams; especially the Cubs. As you see, I'm from Bloomington-Normal, IL. The people of B-N are equally divided between the Cubs and the Cardinals. Even my family is split down the middle. I'm a diehard Cardinals fan! I even threw out the first pitch in a game last year. You'll see me in Atlanta this weekend for all 3 games. I can't wait for Friday night! Mulder v. Hudson! Its going to be a great game!
em-tucky
Sea Post King

I'm originally from st louis...but not a big sports fan so I dont really care about the cardinals

and dude. if the shows are 21+ you most likely can't just bring your mom and the venue will be like "oh your mom says its ok for you to come to a bar at the age of 16...its ok with us too" They have these rules because of liquor laws, thats why the venues are 21+ in the first place....BOOZE
em-tucky
Sea Post King

oh yeah and does anyone have booking information for eisley? does someone at WB do it or is an outside agency? Cause I think instead of us sitting around on this board complaining about how stupid this is we should all email the booking agency and tell them "hey its not cool and here's why..." so in the future they dont get booked at such inconvient venues
fakeplastic
Sea Post King

em-tucky wrote:
I'm originally from st louis...but not a big sports fan so I dont really care about the cardinals

and dude. if the shows are 21+ you most likely can't just bring your mom and the venue will be like "oh your mom says its ok for you to come to a bar at the age of 16...its ok with us too" They have these rules because of liquor laws, thats why the venues are 21+ in the first place....BOOZE

it worked for me once.

and it's a better solution than sitting at home.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Admiral79
Lost at Forum

em-tucky wrote:

Actually, from my experience, most places will allow this if its to see a concert. But, its always best to check beforehand.

And I know they the venues are limited capacity and they make most of their money on liquor sales, but if it is the difference between being sold our or not, wouldn't you rather have everyone you can get. Why couldn't they do the old hand stamp or "over 21 bracelet"?
midnightmourning
Sea Post King

I have this same problem with NY on June 24th. It's 18+, which sucks. And you have to have a valid I.D. and can't be chaperoned in, so I have basically no options. Then again, the Bowery (where the show is at) was the same place that ran the NFG/Eisley/Reggie show at Webster and although they said they'd "check everyone's ID's" they didn't check anyone's. So it gives me some hope, but then again, I don't want to spend my money to find out I can't get in.

Livejournal. Xanga.
MySpace. Hah, I have no friends on it.
Joined: 17 Aug 2004 | Posts: 485 | Location: Oceanside, New York