Laughing City

Please read the post BEFORE answering: Do I tell person Z?
yes
96%
 96%  [ 24 ]
no
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 25

mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

what you're all saying makes sense. I've come to the conclusion that I should tell her.

However, what's more difficult to comprehend is people advising me to get new friends. Well, as I said before, I've tried that. It didn't work. Further, I have plenty of friends outside school (all over the country, infact), and actually my in school friends are pretty good friends. true, they're not my best friends, but they are worth having as friends. It's just a few things they do. It's like one of the DuPree girls saying "Jon and Weston are always [on tour] doing weird/gross things". That doesn't mean that Eisley is breaking up, does it?

Further, you don't know me. I don't know you. That's a fact. Harsh [ok, maybe not that harsh...], honest fact. I have a vague idea about who some of you are, but I don't fully know anyone. It's probably the same for a vast majority of the folk here, if not the vast majority of people on forums all over the internet. So I say this: you will not know the full story of my life and day to day malarky; you will not know the ins and outs of my relationships; you will not know me. Thus how can you possibly advise me to get new friends?

Saying this, I does realise, does does raise quesitons abour the the quality of the advise one may give on a forum, however I have actually found the tips and questions raised here useful.

That's pretty much all I can say.

apart from this (as people often get my tone wrong and arguments ensue): overall tone of this post: questioning, peaceful, calm, wandering...

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland
Marie B
Sea Post King

I think that people were advising you to find new friends based on the information that you've given - just as they were giving you advice based on the same information.

People will get it wrong, but without further details it's natural that people are going to apply their own reactions to the situation. Understandable, yeah?

ali
since 1979

From what you've said, some of these people enjoy being hurtful to others, and at least one is (was? not too sure on this one) a drug abuser.

Even if these were the only people around for miles, I'd rather be alone with a book than hanging out with them. But that's just my reaction based on the information you've provided.

MarchesxManeuvers
Sea Post King

please tell person Z because it might be a lot more damaging than you could think. especially if there is a camera around to document everything.

dot.Syntax (fun);
Joined: 20 Jun 2004 | Posts: 426 | Location: Chicago/Minneapolis
homesick_alien
Vintage Newbie

It's not only sick and demoralizing to person Z,I'm quite sure it's illegal to do that to somebody without their knowledge

Imagine this was a sister or niece of yours,would you want somebody to tel them if they had this information? I know I would...so that to me is your answer

Vintage Newbie

Well, since everyone here is much better with words than I am, and they already illustrated all of my points, I'll just say tell her. It's the right thing to do.
Joined: 28 Apr 2005 | Posts: 3505 | Location: In your dreams

<< prev | goto page