Laughing City
boyd
Eisleyoid

I know, I know...everybody; hold on...I'll answer all your questions...(click, click, click) Everybody calm down...if I could just have your attention. Now, I know we've all just been through a traumatic experience with the name change and all. (click, click, click) If I could just have your attention. (yes..thankyou)

O.K. first of all...yes we did an extensive search and found very few red flags. But today, we uncovered the motherlode of Neverland bands: in DALLAS - "Neverland Band", in LA: "Neverland Band"...and a jazz band in LONDON called Neverland! Another band called by some guy's first name followed by "and the Neverland band".

Additionally, we've been informed that Michael Jackson has a prominent, notorious ranch called, "Neverland". People who know this have had strange reactions to the new name. Gosh...we don't want people first referencing their brain data on Mr. Jackson and his ranch in order to get back to us.

Additionally, we tried to get the domain name for neverlandband.com and actually bought and paid for it - only to find a ransom email from a guy in Dallas today that apparently saw an opportunity and snagged it first; He basically told us "you can have the domain name...but here's my deal: I want tickets to the Coldplay show and back stage passes."

Thanks Collin Redden <collinred89@yahoo.com> but for now, you're the proud owner of the domain name....oh, and good luck getting back stage at the Coldplay show. I was looking forward to meeting you back there. Maybe you can sell your domain to "Neverland Band" in Dallas. No seriously, they probably need the domain name.

Continuing - late this evening, I had numerous conversations with Nettwerk management's Dave Holmes about where we are with all of this. I informed him of the conversations I had with Nerf Herder band members about their name. (THEY MADE FREAKIN' VIDEO'S WITH LUKE SKY WALKER and nobody cared!) The short of it is: as of tonight, the band is still MossEisley. (applause. boooo...click, click, click. PEOPLE!! please....) Anyway, their attorney is attempting to discover once and for all whether or not we are ok to use the name without risking conflict ahead.

We apologize sincerely for this mindless exercise in futility. Your 10+ pages of creative contribution fueled by pure love will never be forgotten. Nothing was fun about this. But, on the bright side...there are many cool things happening and perhaps we won't lose the brand equity in our very vibey name - which is good; and perhaps we won't confuse friends by shifting to a new name at such a critical time in our short life.

Thanks everyone for being patient while we're working through this. I'm sure you guys will be discussing this on the "MossBoard". Apologies to everyone who made the emotional jump with us and now feels disconnected.

boyd

"The industrialists never saw the fruit of their own labor - Post Moderism,
which I now proclaim as dead. Their forefathers digital revolutionists,
have accelerated the final resolve by punctuating an end to our chaotic
journey with a new manifesto and a new era: The Age of Meaning."

(manifesto's sold separate)
Welcome: Illuminists