Laughing City
boyd
Eisleyoid

MOSS RECORDS INDIE EP
IS FINALLY HAPPENING - THIS WEEK AND NEXT

THEY'RE ON LOOP 635 in DALLAS - HEADING EAST!!
Yeah. I'm ready for warm bodies to fill up this house again. Why is it so cold in Texas? like...freakin' 18 degrees. This drafy old house is cold. I have nothing to report. This thread is over....but I get to hear the rough mix on the new ep and you don't. There are some details about the project if anyone is interested. goodnight. boydout

------------------------------------
EDIT #4 THURSDAY AFTERNOON - Chilling story
I was awakened in the dark this morning by the sound of Kim's tormented voice: "The freakin' car is over-heating, we have no heat, we're stranded in minus 8 degrees temperature!" (gulp) So, thinking quickly, I sounded out these brilliant yammerings: "uhhh, welp...uh...um, is there water in the radiator?" (!@#!$@%!) So, anyway, whatever, a whole series of troubleshooting began....I sorta went into a panic...thinking of my family turning into "people-sicles" somewhere on the side of the road in Nebraska.

Fast forward. MossEisley was rescued and taken back to the hotel, Weston and Kim fought the elements before nursing the car to a shop to get more mechanical work done and everyone was heading back for Texas by 11:00am - at which time they called me; instead of a greeting, they played the new recording of "Laughing City". I sorta cried. (HEY SHUT UP!! IT'S BEEN A LONG, LONELY WEEK, OK?!!)

btw...the new CD will be called, "Laughing City".

boydout

EDIT #3 WED. AFTERNOON
woah, they added "Over the Mountains we go". This is rockin'. I'm glad. I think this was Darin Harmon's idea. Nettwerk (I think head of A&R for Nettwerk Records - but he works with Dave and does stuff with the band. He's equally cool.) I guess they're starting to mix today since everything is tracked for the endire project. Mike say's this is where the fun begins. It's snowing again. They leave in the morning early for the 14 hour drive back home.
EDIT #2 MONDAY MORNING 1/20 1:00 AM
I got to hear strings on Laughing City....but I hear they're also on Sun Feet. Mike Mogis apparently wrote these cool parts and there's a small ensemble laying down the tracks. Chauntelle loves the guitar tones, they were working on vocals this evening....pretty much, it's all done. I guess they tweak and start having fun with the mix before the band leaves on Thurs. Sounds like fun. I got to clean our house tonight and wash their crusty old, gross dishes. It was fun. I'm talking to myself on a regular basis now and feel like the hermit lifestyle is for me. "hey boyd...wanna hand me that spatula?"
EDIT #1 Friday 1/17 8:00-ish
So, i just got off the phone with Weston and Chauntelle who are very much liking everything that's happening. The only thing is, it's like 14 degrees, snow, so cold it's annoying. I know some of you were wanting to know about the song list. They called Dave Holmes and asked him his opinion and his response was - "whatever you guys want...it's totally up to you." (Is that cool or what?) So they picked this line-up:

Mr. Pine
Sun Feet
Laughing City
Sea King
Tree Tops

It gives a wide range of their ideas - mostly their newer stuff. They'll probably save Telescope Eyes for another day....or whatever. They're working on a new song - I remember before they left...

Chauntelle said she's getting these great Radiohead tones from some vintage silvertone amp and Stacy is getting these darker than a Rhodes tones for th bridge on Sun Feet but shifting to a baby grand for the rest of it....and Mike is working out string arrangements and hiring musicians for one of the songs; All the drum and bass tracks are layed down already...they're pretty excited. That's pretty much it for now. I miss them.

CD graphics to begin right away. The band now thinking about naming the project.

boydout
----------------------------------

Most of you probably know...but in case you don't, MossEisley is recording a really cool, indie ep (probably 5 songs...and no, I don't know which ones). So, yeah...the producer is Mike Mogis , who produces "Bright Eyes" ...he's also in the band. In case you don't know, Bright Eyes is like one of the biggest indie's around these days - on Saddle Creek. http://www.saddlecreekrecords.com People are saying amazing things.

http://www.nytimes.com/2002/11/17/magazine/17OBERST.html
(you can sign up for free and not get spamed)

I just got off the phone with Weston who say's Mike has way more than 20 mics on the drums..and he's describing all these weird, old 50's mics, vintage amps, a room full of guitars, chello's, xylaphone, percussive stuff and tons of strange instruments he's not sure what are....pretty cool. Tonight they're gonna get scratch drums and talk about the songs and the instrumentation. Someone mentioned strings on one of the songs - not sure if it was Telescope Eyes. Probably.

I'm pretty sure they'll be doing Telescope eyes, Laughing City (we already told you....because Chris Martin loves it), Mr Pine, Tree Tops...that's 4 already. What do you guys think?

That's all for now. If I update this during the week, I'll add edit 1, edit 2, etc. so you'll know to check.They say it's snowing really good in Nebraska, but Stacy and Christie (little 12 year old sister) are sick...

Thanks.[/img]

"The industrialists never saw the fruit of their own labor - Post Moderism,
which I now proclaim as dead. Their forefathers digital revolutionists,
have accelerated the final resolve by punctuating an end to our chaotic
journey with a new manifesto and a new era: The Age of Meaning."

(manifesto's sold separate)
Welcome: Illuminists