5%
 5%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 198

jaytee
Sea Post King

bigideas wrote:
jdstories wrote:
bigideas wrote:
i have a video in my head for Golly Sandra that would definitely have people talking and asking about the band and most likely picking up Room Noises because of.

too bad i don't have a track record or any professional clout.
Crying or Very sad

I still think we'd all like to hear it. Please. Embarassed

JD

i already did in this thread i think.
more or less a rough outline:
since Stacy is the main singer of this song, she woul be the main focal point. and the video takes from the chorus basically. a friend is neglected (could be played by Christie maybe?) and stacy promises to meet that person at a bridge in the woods. intercut shots of the band in tattered clothes and a dark odd looking environment. maybe stacy that is the focal of the video will have to look a little different to distinguish from the band in that environment (different colored hair?). so stacy goes on a nice stroll to the woods and everything is peachy and then on the little prechorus where Weston plays quarter note snare hits she is stopped by a bear (i specifically see the whole showing of the feet and slowly panning up to show the face). but this is not a menacing bear, but obviously a person in a bear suit. nonetheless, this frightens video stacy and she runs through the woods during the chorus. this part has a lot of quick cuts to go along with the driving chorus. as chorus ends (is anyone still reading?) stacy believes she has lost the bear, so she stops and leans against something and lets out a sigh of relief. and she falls down a hole. *2nd verse* it's some dark cave. walks around, etc. after some time it comes to be known that there are some creepy people down there (a witch, dwarves, i don't know......probably played by different members in the band) so the chorus comes back around and she's running away from these things........comes to a fork where there are two cave openings........she chooses one.......the camera stays back and we see that one was actually some sort of creatures mouth (a la Empire Strikes Back?) and we see it close *bridge of song* during the bridge stacy is sliding down this throat (sort of like a combination of the wormhole thing in Being John Malkovich, the long slide in Goonies, etc) this will be pretty different and probably the most memorable thing of the whole video. when she gets to the end she ends up in the stomach..........and this is where the band has been the whole time......ive forgotten the whole structure of the song, but at some point they jab a drum stick or the guitars into the floor and the animal spits them out back into the woods.........i see some shot of them flying through the air........and then they land at the bridge that has been the destination the whole time and it ends happily with them meeting Christie.

why does this remind me of a power ranger's episode?....

however, i enjoyed it. nice job Smile.

i've got my own golly sandra video brewing in my mind...

i may share some day.

honestly, this whole 2nd single discussion is a tad out of hand. especially since the 1st single is being so debate, and just basically has no fire behind it from the label. to be frank, Telescope Eyes was my least favorite Eisley song to begin with, but I'm happy with how it turned out on the album, and i now feel a sort of respect for it as the first single.

i really believe golly sandra should be the single, because from what i've seen from my eisley campaigning here in kansas, even the HC/alt. rock/punk (yes punk) people have taken a liking to golly sandra, and are always asking me to burn it to a cd for them, and then flip me off or some-such when i say "if you really like it, support them and buy the cd", and then i find them a week later sitting next to me with g.s. blasting out their headphones as they read the lyrics in the sleeve.

im not making this up.. its happened on several occasions.

so i have firm faith in golly sandra.

Lost at Forum

BUMP! Because I dislike redundancy. Laughing
jdstories
Vintage Newbie

Admiral79 wrote:
BUMP! Because I dislike redundancy. Laughing

Word.

JD

jaytee
Sea Post King

hmph.
Vintage Newbie

well i'm posting for the first time in this thread, simply because I joined after the thread died originally...

I think Brightly Wound. People over here say it's quite good (better than the others at any rate...). I think it's quite a cool intro to the band. To me it sums up all the styles and sounds that Eisley can produce. Also, it is very different to what you hear on the radio these days: thus it will have instant impact. Especially in verse two, where the Sherri and Stacy's sing contrapunctually (that may be completely the wrong word. In fact, I think it is the wrong word...you know what I mean though, right? I mean they weave together, creating an amazing sound). It's something that you don't hear too often in popular musical tastes. it's good. It has that amazing mix of being a really decent song, whilst being catchy, memorable, and having that "instant impact" (a phrase which, I feel, is bashed around too much these days).

As far as Plenty of Paper goes... I think it could be passable on a single, but not as the single: that is, it could be a "b-side". It's catchy, it's memorable, but it isn't actually too great a song (I do like the acoustic version, though).

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland
jdstories
Vintage Newbie

After deliberation I think I'd switch my vote to Brightly Wound. It has uber-indie cred and people like to be indie, so I think it might catch on and get people infected with the Eisley-bug. Earlier I had said My Lovely for its accessibility, and I always agreed with the counter-argument that it doesn't stand out enough or wouldn't "wow" anyone. I have enough faith now in Brightly Wound that it could be both accessible and that it could "wow" people.

JD

telescope_eisley
Golly, Poster

its definitely not mainstream so singles are hard. but imo, i hope they don't go too mainstream. i want success for them, but they'd lose the Eisley-ness if they produced some pop album, you know?

anyway...back to the topic.

i voted for Memories because it really shows the great arrangement that Eisley has. i have an idea for a video, it would star boyd and kim, cause of the story the song tells, thats as far as i've gotten though.
all of the other suggestion are awesome Esp. Golly Sandra Very Happy

erinbeth84: forget pro-choice and pro-life. i'm going pro-duck.

Mr. Sean
Joined: 28 Apr 2005 | Posts: 598 | Location: The Colony, Tx
EisleyForever
Vintage Newbie

telescope_eisley wrote:
its definitely not mainstream so singles are hard. but imo, i hope they don't go too mainstream. i want success for them, but they'd lose the Eisley-ness if they produced some pop album, you know?

anyway...back to the topic.

i voted for Memories because it really shows the great arrangement that Eisley has. i have an idea for a video, it would star boyd and kim, cause of the story the song tells, thats as far as i've gotten though.
all of the other suggestion are awesome Esp. Golly Sandra Very Happy

WHOAAAAAAAAAA

Okay, the second I started reading that you voted 'Memories', 'Memories' came on my 'Pod.

Coincidence? I think not!

I will not contribute to the original topic of this thread because it's rather hard to decide and I don't feel like it. I was thinking 'My Lovely' for a while, and then I thought, "It doesn't really stand out...I love it, but it doesn't incredibly ridiculously stand out," so then I think Brightly Wound, but I just...no. I love it, but it's too naive to catch on with the target demographic that would end up liking Eisley. (I.E., "Ew, childish lyrics...I'm cooler than listening to this! [parties with silly friends]") MAYBE Golly Sandra. Like someone said, people would probably be more drawn to it after hearing it on the radio if they did an edit without the lap steel intro. It's great with the lap steel, so...yeah. Dunnuh. Bluh.

SerendipityMedia
Sea Post King

Almost an impossible decision, but I'd probably go with "Plenty of Paper." I would love to see a video for that.

Admiral79
Lost at Forum

Congratulations to the 25 (14%) of you who selected "Brightly Wound" as the next single. Eisley has agreed with you! Please check at the front counter to receive your prize.
EisleyForever
Vintage Newbie

Hey, so, like...I'm changing my vote to 'Brightly Wound', 'cause, you know...I just realized that, yeah, it would make a totally sweet vid and..um....I haven't read..anything...I just think it needs support and I hope..I hope that the band will agree with me, 'cause..you know....

....I didn't read anything..

dude
Golly, Poster

i was expecting My Lovely, Plenty Of Paper, or Memories to be the next video.
Sea Post King

jdstories wrote:
we are not looking at the most discerning people in the universe out there

—That's quite the priceless way of putting it. I'm writing that down.

—Personally, "Trolley Wood" was my favorite song on the album and it would be MY top choice for recieving the next showcasing in a music video and some radio play. However, my own agenda aside, I think most people would sooner take to adopting either "Golly Sandra" or "Memories" into their collection of musical tastes and then work their way around to the rest of Room Noises and so on.