Laughing City
Poetic Descent
Sea Post King

stargazer101 wrote:

whatever.. i just can't talk about anything on this forum because everyone has already talked about everything at least once before!..i don't know what you people want or expect from me..i feel like no one even cares about posts that much anymore.i am still a little new here and people treated me like crap from the first day.. and i was even considering not being on here anymore, but i would rather be here so yeah. i don't care whatever. what the heck does it take for people to like you? to be excepted. geeze... Mad

I know what you mean, it's pretty hard to keep up with everything that goes on! Some things deserve to be spoken about twice, like Chauntelle's lovely singing.

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

True. We do need to be more accepting about things that have been talked about before.

... As much as it bothers me, I will say that people who've read it all before should just skip repeats like this. It is new to the people posting them. However, newer members would be well-served by doing a search and at least reviving the old threads as long as they're still viable enough. That way there are only 10 Pretender threads instead of 20.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

TheAntrider wrote:
True. We do need to be more accepting about things that have been talked about before.

... As much as it bothers me, I will say that people who've read it all before should just skip repeats like this. It is new to the people posting them. However, newer members would be well-served by doing a search and at least reviving the old threads as long as they're still viable enough. That way there are only 10 Pretender threads instead of 20.

yup yup, especially if it's something like that film... *fake voice*... what was it called again? hmm, um... did Eisley really feature in it *end voice*.

seriously, though, I think it's OK for new folk to start new threads like this. I mean, it's just next to resurrecting a really old one. And i've done that a few times.

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland
jdstories
Vintage Newbie

chasd00 wrote:
um... so much for my dirty little secret of proclaiming that pretender shouldn't distributed all the while keeping a copy for myself :-/

just keep in mind that that song was made when the band was exploring a different direction (in my opinion). therefore, has zero chance of seeing light of day beyond that mp3.

I don't see why we shouldn't see it on a b-sides collection in the future, eventhough I don't really consider it a b-side.

JD

thesinisterpenguin
Vintage Newbie

jdstories wrote:
chasd00 wrote:
um... so much for my dirty little secret of proclaiming that pretender shouldn't distributed all the while keeping a copy for myself :-/

just keep in mind that that song was made when the band was exploring a different direction (in my opinion). therefore, has zero chance of seeing light of day beyond that mp3.

I don't see why we shouldn't see it on a b-sides collection in the future, eventhough I don't really consider it a b-side.

JD

to be a b-side, it has to be on a single, doesn't it?
so that would mean putting it out on a single.
which isn't going to happen.
boyd
Eisleyoid

Refencing: original comment and comment about repeating posts and subsequent entire thread:

it's too hard to know what's been buried around here, yuh know?

what we need is a button called:

Post hole diggers.

"The industrialists never saw the fruit of their own labor - Post Moderism,
which I now proclaim as dead. Their forefathers digital revolutionists,
have accelerated the final resolve by punctuating an end to our chaotic
journey with a new manifesto and a new era: The Age of Meaning."

(manifesto's sold separate)
Welcome: Illuminists
Poetic Descent
Sea Post King

Hey, Boyd, that's a good idea, that way there's a place where new members can ask questions and older members can sort of skim over it.
swiss army romance
Golly, Poster

Give me 100 more "Pretender" threads before another one of the generic "How do you eat your spaghetti" or "Which way do you part your hair when you wear blue shoelaces" threads and I'll be perfectly content. And don't worry about reposts, chances are any good topic has already been covered, so if you want to comment on something, don't let people's lack of patience keep you from doing so. If it keeps another stupid thread off of the front page, that's more than fine with me Smile .

Joined: 26 Jul 2003 | Posts: 754 | Location: Good ole' Goshen, Oh-hi-Oh
dude
Golly, Poster

stargazer101 wrote:

whatever.. i just can't talk about anything on this forum because everyone has already talked about everything at least once before!..i don't know what you people want or expect from me..i feel like no one even cares about posts that much anymore.i am still a little new here and people treated me like crap from the first day.. and i was even considering not being on here anymore, but i would rather be here so yeah. i don't care whatever. what the heck does it take for people to like you? to be excepted. geeze... Mad

wohohoah. this was so misinterpreted. i deeeply apologize if you took that personally. but the comment wasn't directed towrds you, stargazer, it was to the post before mine. i was just rreminding of the big humorous dispute over Pretender by making a little sarcastic remark. it hurts to come across as a bad person in the friendliest board in the world. once again, i apologize to all who were upset by the comment and let's continue being the great citizens that we are. hope you understand. thanks.

Sea Post King

I don't particularly like Chauntelle's voice, but I love "Pretender." It's not much like Sherri and Stacy's songs, but it's good in its own way and constantly stuck in my head. Also, big words are cool.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

<< prev | goto page