Laughing City
madsenfan35
Golly, Poster

Wow, this is old!
Aww, that sucks Kspice. You got your wish and you might not be able to go. I certainly hope I can snag some tickets tomorrow morning!

- Dougie Payne, bassist of Travis
================================
http://www.xanga.com/madsenfan35
Joined: 09 Feb 2004 | Posts: 544 | Location: Silverlake, Los Angeles, CA
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Jay
Golly, Poster

when convenience fees that TM charges are 1/2 or 1/3 the cost of the ticket, it makes me want to just stop going to shows all together. i'm too poor for this crap.
guitarfreak217
Vintage Newbie

Jay wrote:
when convenience fees that TM charges are 1/2 or 1/3 the cost of the ticket, it makes me want to just stop going to shows all together. i'm too poor for this crap.

Yeah, for my ticket, the extra charges added up to like $10. So the whole ticket cost me $34.20. Well, it didn't cost me that. My dad decided that I don't have to pay him back for the show. But I'm using the money from guitar lessons to get gas. And merch.

snow-white
Sea Post King

i dont like switchfoot to much, im just going for EISLEY.
oceaneyes
Sea Post King

for me and my parents to go it would cost $98 with all of the stupid fees. Guess I'll have to sell my bottle cap collection... Crying or Very sad
--
Everyone wants to deviate from the norm.
I am BeastieEastie's Hero.
Joined: 19 Sep 2004 | Posts: 311 | Location: Apache Junction, Arizona
mcrew117
Sea Post King

hahaha i guess im the only hardcore switchfoot fan on here...

actually i was a switchfoot fan and then started listening to eisley when i found out they were opening for sf... soooo at least i will be rockin to both sets at the concert Smile
horseslam
Sea Post King

mcrew117 wrote:
hahaha i guess im the only hardcore switchfoot fan on here...

actually i was a switchfoot fan and then started listening to eisley when i found out they were opening for sf... soooo at least i will be rockin to both sets at the concert Smile

that's smart of you. good.

i liked switchfoot back in the day of that movie "a walk to remember".
before i went to new york and bought a bootleg of the movie from a little
chinese woman in china town. boy, she took me for a shmuck.

"all work to remember" thats what i was sold.

madsenfan35
Golly, Poster

horseslam wrote:

i liked switchfoot back in the day of that movie "a walk to remember".

Me too! I first heard of them from that movie and I liked their songs a lot. And then I remember seeing a music video of theirs a while later and thinking, "Hey good for them! They're getting bigger!" I have the A Walk to Remember soundtrack, but I don't own any Switchfoot albums.

- Dougie Payne, bassist of Travis
================================
http://www.xanga.com/madsenfan35
Joined: 09 Feb 2004 | Posts: 544 | Location: Silverlake, Los Angeles, CA
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
OneEclecticSong
Sea Post King

*raises hand* Hard core Switchfoot fan here. I'm so glad Eisley's opening for Switchfoot. They've had some, um, difficulties picking good opening bands lately. In my opinion at least. See you at the San Diego shows!
Wels0n
Sea Post King

chinatown!
yes!
mambilla
Sea Post King

I would like to make it to the Sacramento show or even the San Fran show (Tuesday and Wednesday, respectively) but I have class on Tuesday and don't have any dough anyway. That certainly would be an enjoyable show musically. I saw Switchfoot probably about a year ago at the Fresno fair and they were really good. It was at that point that they had fairly recently written the song "Stars." The opening acts were a bit rough (message wise at least) but they did seem to be pretty darn good musically. Back to Switchfoot, their song "The Shadow Proves the Sunshine" is awesome both lyrically and musically (it seems to have a Radioheadesqueness - nice word eh? - to it). Quite philosophical and really appropriate and subtle (minus the few "Lord"s though often times you'll get similar "Lord"s in the secular media as it is such a vain term now). I think that's the kind of lyrics you guys should shoot for (Eisley). Music that subtly reflects your beliefs and edifies people in a way that truly matters in the long term (not just making them kinda feel good for a day or two) is definitely an art and a skill.

I would be pleased to learn what Eisley thinks of Switchfoot.
Joined: 14 Oct 2005 | Posts: 12 | Location: Modesto, CA, USA
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger