Laughing City
lloydobler
Lost at Forum

chris flynn wrote:
those guys will be the first ones to jump on board when Eisley hits big, with just one hit single, and say " ahhh Eisley, I always loved them, they rock"..

good bands like Eisley, Genesis, etc... always start with with grass roots followers.. true believers, we be...

I remember when I was young, and I was listening to Kayaak, Be Bop Delux, Weather Report and classical music such as, Aaron Copland, Stravinsky and all my friends thought I was nuts...They all dug Smoke on the Water"... and Free Bird.... I was looking for the odd bands and odd music... the ones with talent, and the ones who had original songwriting/ and or an original take on life....

woahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

you just pushed every one of my buttons. genesis is by far my all time favorite band. i might be a little obsessed. i love kayak and weather report also. and i think its wonderful that these bands got mentioned here.
Joined: 09 Feb 2005 | Posts: 1275 | Location: Greenville, SC
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
4th Month of the Year
Lost at Forum

Most of my friends aren't into the kind of music I'm into and some times that annoys me like when I have to listen to rap and hip hop but I like that I'm different.
Joined: 14 Jun 2005 | Posts: 1190 | Location: San Jose, California
Kyle H.
Sea Post King

Hey everyone!
So I'm the singer of "They Murdered Miracles" and I was just doing a google search on my band and came across this thread. I found it kind of strange that I supposedly hate Eisley because well I've never listened to them haha. I'm not honestly sure what they sound like but from what I'd guess it is a lot softer than us. Strange thing is in previous bands I have been in I've played softer styles and opened localy in Colorado (my hometown) for touring bands such as Copeland, Park, etc. I honestly listen to softer styles much more often than I do harder genres along my current band's style. I however do like hardcore and I like the idea that I can belt out my writings (haha I'm an English Major) with out worrying as much on technicalities like staying on key haha. I speak nothing of hate whatsoever in our songs... I mostly focus on the topics of self-knowledge and keeping an open mind. So I felt the need to register and clear some stuff up because I'm not a close minded prick nor do I hate "Eisley" haha. The girl that started this seems to be from Texas according to her profile... I don't know any one in Texas... haha. The only thing I can say about a possible quote from our "singer" is that we at one time had more than one and have also had a few problems with kids telling other kids they are in the band (ya I get sent quite a few profiles on myspace with questions if so and so is in the band) haha. bassically sorry for making this long but I said nothing of the sort that this thread is about.
Take Care,
-Kyle Houghtaling
Joined: 18 Sep 2005 | Posts: 2 | Location: Colorado Springs
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Hm. Interesting. Thanks for clearing things up. And I hope you'll check out Eisley soon if you haven't. Smile

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
norad
Vintage Newbie

ooo. bret got told.

but where did he get that quote from?
Kimbrtones
Vintage Newbie

Kyle,
Thank you for taking the time to register, and clear up the misinformation. I just want you to know that what you did, took a lot of effort, and it is appreciated.
Also, EISLEY doesn't expect everyone to like/love their music, so it would have been ok if you did not, or do not end up liking them.
EISLEY has some of the most devoted, and coolest fans I have ever encountered with a band. Their fans have a love, and even a protective feeling over them.
Hope you understand.

Again....
Thanks!
kd
darknightholdtight
Lost at Forum

Lmao! Yeah i posted that BEFORE i actually talked to kyle...i love kyle..hes my dad...even though he doesnt talk to me n e more *glares* Soo yes im sorry that i never did clear that up..dont hate me Kyle!

^props to Patrock^\\Myspace Patrock is the world's best big sis!
Im going to marry Hayley Williams BOO YEA!
Joined: 15 May 2005 | Posts: 1470 | Location: Mansfield,Texas
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Kyle H.
Sea Post King

woah!
wow, how are you? I didn't know you were that nice girl that used to talk to me on AIM that's crazy! I don't KNOW anyone in Texas so I figured it was a bunch of rumors. Now I remember that the first thing you ever messaged me about was that Steve kid that told you he was in our band.. a kid I have never met before but is from the same city as me. haha I'm glad to clear it up. No hard feelings either buddy, message me when you're on again sometime!

...also I listened to Eisley today... not only did I remember my our guitarist complimenting them awhile back but I also found them quite enjoyable as well.

Take Care everyone,
-Kyle Houghtaling
Joined: 18 Sep 2005 | Posts: 2 | Location: Colorado Springs
cryptictonight
Lost at Forum

haaaah. This thread is cool.
madsenfan35
Golly, Poster

Kyle H. wrote:
woah!
wow, how are you? I didn't know you were that nice girl that used to talk to me on AIM that's crazy! I don't KNOW anyone in Texas so I figured it was a bunch of rumors. Now I remember that the first thing you ever messaged me about was that Steve kid that told you he was in our band.. a kid I have never met before but is from the same city as me. haha I'm glad to clear it up. No hard feelings either buddy, message me when you're on again sometime!

...also I listened to Eisley today... not only did I remember my our guitarist complimenting them awhile back but I also found them quite enjoyable as well.

Take Care everyone,
-Kyle Houghtaling

I believe he's a boy, and not a girl.

- Dougie Payne, bassist of Travis
================================
http://www.xanga.com/madsenfan35
Joined: 09 Feb 2004 | Posts: 544 | Location: Silverlake, Los Angeles, CA
vivalaspopie
Vintage Newbie

my church friend (whom ive known forever) said she wasnt going to switchfoot because eisley was playing. i said "youve never heard them" and she was like "yes i have, they suck". i was really upset until my two crazy-good musician friends backed me up.
Vintage Newbie

Super_Dave wrote:
Yeah I know how you feel. My both band mates really doesn't like listening to them. One says it puts him to sleep.

I used to be that way about Sarah McLachlan. That was when the only time I listened to music was on the road often at night on really trips greater than one hour. Sometimes the only way I made it was by listening to metal with the volume turned up. Sarah makes great music. I just couldn't listen to it at the time.

JD

boone
Vintage Newbie

chris flynn wrote:
Quote:
Buddy, there are a lot of kids here. Many of them aren't going to get those references.

you mean they never heard of The Organic Peppers , either? Oh the humanity.... it must have rocked their world and sent them into an instant meltdown....to have mentioned bands that aren't on MTV or vH1

I get your point, THOUGH... HUMOR ME , OK... I'M OLD.. You have my permission to completely ignore me... after all---- we rattle on. us old'uns..

a caveat, all the bands I mentioned can be found with one click of a mouse in google, right up there on your browser... except copland and stravinsky--those are classical composers.

If they want to find out what "Smoke on the Water" and "Freebird" is, they may want to search for Deep Purple and Lynyrd Skynyrd, respectively.

room_noises
Golly, Poster

baret_b wrote:
A great deal of my friends are the same way. They listen to things like SLipknot and Breaking Benjamin. I have nothing against these bands, but Eisley is frighteningly more talented.

The simple matter is; they havn't heard it before. Not many mainstream bands are girl-fronted and actually good. However good Eisley may be, it's a new concept to them and, being human, they aren't open to it. Give them time, maybe they'll come around. Maybe they won't. Think of Eisley like a pie; if they don't want any, we get more!!!! WOOOOHOOOO PIE PIE PIE!!!

ahem, ahem, I mean, uhh, Apple Pie? or Cherry Pie? your choice, I guess.

holy crap!!!!!!! omg!!!! weezer is the best band in the whole world (then eisley) if you want to detroy my sweater hold this thread as i twalk away..

2 weeks from friday WOOT!

room_noises
Golly, Poster

haha sorry. i didn't repost on your comment. it was your signature that caught my eye. Wink

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>