Laughing City

Did you like what you heard from The Black Umbrellas?
Yes
100%
 100%  [ 1 ]
Sort of, it was okay, I guess.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
No, its not my style.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1

buffyfreak1234
Sea Post King

Hello all Smile If you get a change, please check out my band, the Black Umbrellas' myspace and listen and maybe download a few of our songs. They're very rough, mostly acoustic demos of our songs, but my band mates, I guess, never learned the virtue of patience and just had to have them up.
www.myspace.com/theblackumbrellasband

NOTE: You will either A) Roll over laughing because of the song, "The Clap," or B) Dislike it in the most extreme sense. It was a little improve session we came up with on the way back from Devil-Mar-...Uh, I mean Wall-Mart. Just give it a listen. Contains some fairly harsh language and me getting my pride stomped by best friends.

Thanks so much. www.myspace.com/theblackumbrellasband

Kyle
Joined: 27 Mar 2004 | Posts: 252 | Location: on the corner of dazed and confused....
Last edited by buffyfreak1234 on Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

I went to the link but your band's site never came up.

Maybe I am just not good with myspace, I never use it. Do you have a purevolume?

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
loveisachemical
Vintage Newbie

it didnt work for me either.
buffyfreak1234
Sea Post King

Fixed! Look again, if you would.

Kyle, and the Black Umbrellas
Joined: 27 Mar 2004 | Posts: 252 | Location: on the corner of dazed and confused....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

Make sure your guitars and stuff are always tuned up properly. Always to your piano or whatever you use of course. It may causes your vocals to be a little off. I'm not trying to get high and mighty, I have problems like that too. I need of good amount of concentration to keep my vocals on key.

If possible, it might be best to record just the musical track and then have your singer work on the vocals in chunks, and just keep recording until it sounds perfect. It takes a lot of work, but thats how bands can sound good in the studio.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
buffyfreak1234
Sea Post King

Okay. Thanks. I never thought of it that way. yeah....Our singer likes to go flat. she does it on somethings on purpose, which can be okay in context, but...she overdoes its sometimes. Thanks for the tips, though! I'll run that by them...now, actually. Very Happy

Kyle
looneycustom
Golly, Poster

DRMS_7888 wrote:
Make sure your guitars and stuff are always tuned up properly. Always to your piano or whatever you use of course. It may causes your vocals to be a little off. I'm not trying to get high and mighty, I have problems like that too. I need of good amount of concentration to keep my vocals on key.

If possible, it might be best to record just the musical track and then have your singer work on the vocals in chunks, and just keep recording until it sounds perfect. It takes a lot of work, but thats how bands can sound good in the studio.

If possible, tune to a keyboard, they never go out of tune Very Happy

But there's some good advice here. You always want to lay down your instruments first. Pan in left, then pan it right. Then you get a big wall of awesome music. Then while listening to what you just recorded through headphones, lay down your vocals. That's what I did for all the stuff up on my myspace. Although my cousin (who played the keyboards in the songs and the female backup vocals) is a sound engineer. But I'm diggin the lyrics. Kinda off the wall, gives ya a good feelin inside.

I'm one up on Marley
Joined: 02 Aug 2005 | Posts: 819 | Location: Huntsville, Tx
buffyfreak1234
Sea Post King

Thanks again, you guys. I've heard you songs, looneycustom I think (if you're dustin from myspace) and I like it alot, so I will take both of your guys' advice.