70%
 70%  [ 46 ]
No, all popular music sucks
29%
 29%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 65

cgar7
Vintage Newbie

are you sure they weren't written for avril and christina but they girls passed on the songs .is it mean to assume they couldn't write their own songs?

Here's the game of grand mistakes while floating with a fan above a nothing.The crowd is ready sides are steady you are clutching my hand, it is hurting
boone
Vintage Newbie

cgar7 wrote:
are you sure they weren't written for avril and christina but they girls passed on the songs .is it mean to assume they couldn't write their own songs?

Avril always wrote her own songs. Not a lot to brag about, really. Christina started co-writing songs a while ago. Same.

Kevin87
Sea Post King

boone wrote:
RicardoIncognito wrote:
yes i do in fact like that song quite a bit, it's impossibly catchy and she's got some fantastic pipes to accomodate, her other song behind these hazel eyes is ok too, but whenever I hear the intro I always confuse it for an Avril Lavigne song, which is a downer.

Wasn't "Since U Been Gone" written by Avril Lavigne? Another song Kelly Clarkson sang was written by Christina Aguilara. Clarkson must take a lot of songs that never made it on other people's albums.

Miss Independent was a Christina Aguilera song but she didn't even record it and Kelly changed the verses and recorded it.. and Since U Been Gone was written by Martin Sandberg and Lukasz Gottwald, but Breakaway was co-written by Avril Lavigne
Bartman
Golly, Poster

Not the best song ever, but I do like it, and it is mixed very well. It souds awesome on my 27,000 Watt PA system. You can feel the energy in every frequency band pass through your body from my system with that song. In contrast, most of todays rap music overemphasizes the bass so much that it ends up just sounding muddy and boomy with no punch. Give me a properly recorded song with normal bass and genuine drums (no electronic drum tracks) and I'll make it pound way harder than any "boom - whack" rap song.
bts
Golly, Poster

I actually don't like it, but I didn't want to vote that all popular music sucked. You sure covered the extremes on this poll.
Seer
Sea Post King

K.C is a sweet and awesome person....of course..shes from texas Razz

i love that song, and her new one..

KillMe__Faster
Sea Post King

granpaturtle wrote:
since you been gone...best song ever

Hell no Crying or Very sad

Waiting for better words,
They'll never come,
So dry your eyes,
It's better,
Now it's done.
Joined: 30 Oct 2005 | Posts: 4 | Location: Northampton, England
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
brighterthansunshine
Sea Post King

she's from Texas, that has to count for something
golly andrew
Laughing Citizen

"Since U Been Gone" is beyond us, imo.

It's really funny to think that Kelly Clarkson is actually putting out great songs and having a successful career.
Joined: 23 Mar 2005 | Posts: 1919 | Location: In a glass case of emotion
superhits
Sea Post King

boone wrote:
RicardoIncognito wrote:
yes i do in fact like that song quite a bit, it's impossibly catchy and she's got some fantastic pipes to accomodate, her other song behind these hazel eyes is ok too, but whenever I hear the intro I always confuse it for an Avril Lavigne song, which is a downer.

Wasn't "Since U Been Gone" written by Avril Lavigne? Another song Kelly Clarkson sang was written by Christina Aguilara. Clarkson must take a lot of songs that never made it on other people's albums.

Breakaway was written by Avril, Miss Independent was written by Christina. Kelly co-wrote half of her album, but she had artist control of what went on her album or not.
RhymeloveandMelody
Lost at Forum

OMG this song makes me violent. Me no likey anymore.

Joined: 16 Jan 2004 | Posts: 1152 | Location: San Benito, Texas
jame$
Sea Post King

pffft...

Kelly's so talented it's ridiculous. In fact, no American Idol has ever equalled her. For that matter, no SEASON of American Idol has ever even approached the first season. There were actually four or five genuinely talented people on there, any of which deserved to win.

Plus, Kelly won that competition by singing almost all classic R&B songs. However, she's made a career out of edgy pop-rock. That's versatility that a lot of veteran performers still don't have.

It's okay not to like her music, but she's still got talent comin' out of her ears...

...and she's hhhhHHHOT! Smile

superhits
Sea Post King

jame$ wrote:
pffft...

Kelly's so talented it's ridiculous. In fact, no American Idol has ever equalled her. For that matter, no SEASON of American Idol has ever even approached the first season. There were actually four or five genuinely talented people on there, any of which deserved to win.

Plus, Kelly won that competition by singing almost all classic R&B songs. However, she's made a career out of edgy pop-rock. That's versatility that a lot of veteran performers still don't have.

It's okay not to like her music, but she's still got talent comin' out of her ears...

...and she's hhhhHHHOT! Smile

Oh man, I agree. First season was amazing, second season came close. Although, the only person who could be compared to Kelly is Carrie, and Carrie is a really good singer for Country. And I hate country. But Kelly over Carrie anyday.
crazeemunkeyz
Laughing Citizen

You gotta love Kelly Clarkson...
berlies_
Lost at Forum

Ill admit that I love Kelly Clarkson. I can listen to her CD all the time. She just has a great voice and I really like her songs. They are very fun to sing a long to.

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>