Laughing City
vivalaspopie
Vintage Newbie

starnothing wrote:
autographs are weird.. i dont get wanting someone's name signed. i mean i feel weird enough asking for a picture, it depends on the situation though

i try to be like "i really liked your set, i really respect you guys, etc." and then kind of slip them the shirt to sign. instead of "umm... can you.. uh.. sign this?"

Vintage Newbie

vivalaspopie wrote:
starnothing wrote:
autographs are weird.. i dont get wanting someone's name signed. i mean i feel weird enough asking for a picture, it depends on the situation though

i try to be like "i really liked your set, i really respect you guys, etc." and then kind of slip them the shirt to sign. instead of "umm... can you.. uh.. sign this?"

I asked them to sign my Nylon magazine, and Sherri said "Oh, you got a Nylon." with this kind of strange look on her face. Sherri, Stacy, and Weston all signed it in kind of stoically. Then I gave them their presents...SMILES and GLEE! That was probably one of the best moments in my life. (probably because I didn't feel like a leech)

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
room_noises
Golly, Poster

After reading this, I feel bad for Stacy, at first yes it did seem to me that she was pushing us away.......... but after this I understand how she'd do that, intentionally or not,

My upmost apology, Stacy,

Elijah

Konstantinoupoli
Sea Post King

Pantheon4 wrote:
vivalaspopie wrote:
starnothing wrote:

I asked them to sign my Nylon magazine, and Sherri said "Oh, you got a Nylon." with this kind of strange look on her face. Sherri, Stacy, and Weston all signed it in kind of stoically. Then I gave them their presents...SMILES and GLEE! That was probably one of the best moments in my life. (probably because I didn't feel like a leech)

You are hardly a leech, you pay for their products and get a good and/or service in return. If a building company wanted my dad to import a thousand cheap doors for them from china, then we wouldn't expect them to give us a present as well.

Just my 2 denarii.

Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

Konstantinoupoli wrote:
Pantheon4 wrote:
vivalaspopie wrote:
starnothing wrote:

You are hardly a leech, you pay for their products and get a good and/or service in return. If a building company wanted my dad to import a thousand cheap doors for them from china, then we wouldn't expect them to give us a present as well.

Just my 2 denarii.

I would have felt like a leech because they don't have to sign autographs. How exciting could it be to stand around and write your name for a half hour? Plus, there is all the other crap that they have to go through. It was the fact that I let them know that I wasn't there just get something signed to turn around and sell it on e-bay, and that I really care about the band.

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
Konstantinoupoli
Sea Post King

Pantheon4 wrote:
Konstantinoupoli wrote:
Pantheon4 wrote:
vivalaspopie wrote:
starnothing wrote:

Just my 2 denarii.

I would have felt like a leech because they don't have to sign autographs. How exciting could it be to stand around and write your name for a half hour? Plus, there is all the other crap that they have to go through. It was the fact that I let them know that I wasn't there just get something signed to turn around and sell it on e-bay, and that I really care about the band.

At the end of the day you raise a good point, but it's the first rule in Business to keep your customers happy, ergo, they get a return in terms of customer satisfaction and increased consumer utility and brand loyalty.

It's quite funny actually, when it comes down to it, everyone fulfills their role in the economic system pretty well, everyone becomes numbers on which to plot an AD - AS curve.

For example, rise prices and the mindless horde will turn away, lower prices and the mindless horde will buy.

Economics is far from a 'dismal science', its easily predictable because people themselves are so utterly and easily predictable in their economic habits.

Sorry for going off on a tangent.

cynlovescandy
Vintage Newbie

Konstantinoupoli wrote:

At the end of the day you raise a good point, but it's the first rule in Business to keep your customers happy, ergo, they get a return in terms of customer satisfaction and increased consumer utility and brand loyalty.

It's quite funny actually, when it comes down to it, everyone fulfills their role in the economic system pretty well, everyone becomes numbers on which to plot an AD - AS curve.

For example, rise prices and the mindless horde will turn away, lower prices and the mindless horde will buy.

Economics is far from a 'dismal science', its easily predictable because people themselves are so utterly and easily predictable in their economic habits.

um..., Eisley's business is music. They write songs, record them, play them (very well) and that is what Eisley does. However...It is not Sherri, Weston, Stacy, Chauntelle and Garron's "business" to be nice people. They are nice people because they were raised well, and generally care about the people they encounter. It has nothing to do with any economic scheme. I know some members of Eisley like to read, but I doubt they've been brushing up on their business skills (nor do they need to). I could be wrong...

Stacy's post was...honest, and that's exactly what she said she wanted to be. And she is, and it's a beautiful thing.
Joined: 31 May 2004 | Posts: 2018 | Location: Sacramento, CA
bn_me
Sea Post King

Konstantinoupoli wrote:

Price and demand is true when all other factors stay equal. There are more factors than just price for many things consumers buy.
Konstantinoupoli
Sea Post King

bn_me wrote:
Konstantinoupoli wrote:

Price and demand is true when all other factors stay equal. There are more factors than just price for many things consumers buy.

Lol, fine, non price competition as well, including advertising, it just bolsters my point.

Referring to points like lack of supply from one point in the development process, then that is pretty irrelevant these days anyway.

bn_me
Sea Post King

Wait a second... what was your point again?
Sartoris
Sea Post King

Denise Levertov

In Mind

There's in my mind a woman
of innocence, unadorned but

fair-featured and smelling of
apples or grass. She wears

a utopian smock or shift, her hair
is light brown and smooth, and she

is kind and very clean without
ostentation –

but she has
no imagination

And there's a
turbulent moon-ridden girl

or old woman, or both,
dressed in opals and rags, feathers

and torn taffeta,
who knows strange songs

but she is not kind.

For Stacy

(Bless me father) though I do not wish to wish these things
From the wide window towards the granite shore
The white sails still fly seaward, seaward flying
Unbroken wings
madsenfan35
Golly, Poster

Sartoris wrote:
Denise Levertov

In Mind

ostentation –

but she has
no imagination

And there's a

or old woman, or both,

and torn taffeta,
who knows strange songs

but she is not kind.

For Stacy

Are you trying to say that Stacy is not kind?

- Dougie Payne, bassist of Travis
================================
http://www.xanga.com/madsenfan35
Joined: 09 Feb 2004 | Posts: 544 | Location: Silverlake, Los Angeles, CA
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
judd
Sea Post King

madsenfan35 wrote:
Sartoris wrote:
Denise Levertov

In Mind

ostentation –

but she has
no imagination

And there's a

or old woman, or both,

and torn taffeta,
who knows strange songs

but she is not kind.

For Stacy

Are you trying to say that Stacy is not kind?

well, that's what it says. stacy's just a gangsta. and gangstas can be nice. only to other gangstas though.

myspace.com/juddortiz
horseslam
Sea Post King

judd wrote:

well, that's what it says. stacy's just a gangsta. and gangstas can be nice. only to other gangstas though.

Judd, you're gangsta.

Sartoris
Sea Post King

I'm saying the cost of fame and genius is often the blanket of false congeniality that must of us wear.

But it's worth it.

(Bless me father) though I do not wish to wish these things
From the wide window towards the granite shore
The white sails still fly seaward, seaward flying
Unbroken wings

<< prev | goto page