Laughing City

When are you more likely to drive faster?
Daytime
48%
 48%  [ 24 ]
Nighttime
52%
 52%  [ 26 ]
Total Votes : 50

hisownshot
Vintage Newbie

I was driving home tonight, and I was curious. I always seem more likely to drive the speed limit at nighttime. 35 feels like 40 when it's 9pm.

i'm gonna marry the mars volta.
Joined: 01 Nov 2003 | Posts: 8260 | Location: new hampshire
amidthestars
Vintage Newbie

daytime. i'm still a new driver and i don't much care for the night driving really, i tend to drive slower and be more cautious.

all your kind, they're coming clean
they shut their eyes
their mess, their scene
batheanak
Sea Post King

At nighttime when there's less people driving out. Confused
Vintage Newbie

Same regardless of time of day, about 8-10 miles over the speed limit.
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

I am always about 5 over outside of town, and the speedlimit in town. So, it doesn't really matter for me. Except, I'll slow down when there is lots of snow or ice.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
jamiga
Vintage Newbie

I go about 10 over outside the city. I go 5 over in the city. I slow it down if its raining, and I go a little faster if I'm driving the Rx8 (but who could blame me??).
hisownshot
Vintage Newbie

I live in a town where most streets are 30, but a few are 35. Usually, I go 40-43ish.

I won't lie... sometimes I reach 50. Sad
But it's hard to stay 30-35, because my town has A LOT of hills. All the roads are hills, so when you go up, you're really slow, and on the way down you're breaking. Sometimes I think it's better for my car to just ride it out.

There's this one hill that I love... for about a half mile from the top of the hill, I can go without touching the gas pedal before I reach the speed limit (30).

That's a little game I like to play, sometimes. How long can I not touch the gas pedal. Haha. Ugh, I'm such a bad driver.

i'm gonna marry the mars volta.
Joined: 01 Nov 2003 | Posts: 8260 | Location: new hampshire
bts
Golly, Poster

hisownshot wrote:
That's a little game I like to play, sometimes. How long can I not touch the gas pedal. Haha. Ugh, I'm such a bad driver.

Haha. I do that too. I think i'm saving gas or something... but I probably don't save much if any.

If no one is behind me I like to just roll to red lights and try to not hit the brake. But when people are behind me I think I piss them off for going so slow.

Anyway, as for the question, it doesn't make any difference with how fast i go. I won't go much faster than 80 on the highway in day or night. In the day it's because there's a lot of cars and in the night i'm afraid that i'll get pulled over. On the regular roads I don't think I drive any different day or night.

Admiral79
Lost at Forum

I'm sorry, but this is a very easy question. The answer is the day time! You can see the cops sitting along the side of the road during the day giving you plenty of time to slam on the breaks. Plus, with more drivers on the road you can hide yourself better from the cops and more than likely one of those drivers is going faster than you are anyway.
unclearlies
Vintage Newbie

This is just a toss up question though...there are certain days when I just speed because there's nothing better to do...but if I'd say at anytime I'd say at night down dirt roads in the country cause I'm from a hick-town...woo hoo (not really)
JBaker
Vintage Newbie

Admiral79 wrote:
I'm sorry, but this is a very easy question. The answer is the day time! You can see the cops sitting along the side of the road during the day giving you plenty of time to slam on the breaks. Plus, with more drivers on the road you can hide yourself better from the cops and more than likely one of those drivers is going faster than you are anyway.

I'd like to echo this man's sentiments. At night when I'm one of the only cars on the road I stick to only about 5 over because I don't know where the cops are and I'm very easy to see.

The_Sympt0m
Vintage Newbie

Admiral79 wrote:

Yes, a very easy question, there is a definite answer to this, no opinions are taken into account at all.

-Ben

Lost at Forum

The_Sympt0m wrote:
Admiral79 wrote:

Yes, a very easy question, there is a definite answer to this, no opinions are taken into account at all.

-Ben

Actually the correct answer is 8:42 am Eastern Standard Time, but that wasn't an option.
golly_sandra
Vintage Newbie

If I'm not at or slightly under the speed limit due to paranoia, then I'm usually about 5-10 miles over... during the day. I don't like driving at night.
the igonorance motif
Golly, Poster

i speed any time of the day. yeah.