Laughing City
Christophjam
Sea Post King

I did try to search for it, haha, so don't be mad!

I'm a bit of a gear dork.

I know Sherri mostly plays her Rickenbacker, when I saw them live she used it for the whole set.

But does anybody know the songs she usually does not use the Rickenbacker on? I know she played that sweet jumbo acoustic that they all use , a red telecaster, and a thinline on their last headlining tour(not counting instores where she usually plays an acoustic). But I was just wondering which particular songs warrant a guitar switch, because in most of their live videos she's playing the Rick, too.

I was wondering the same for Chauntelle, if anybody knows. I know she usually plays her stratocaster, but switches to the Gretsch for Golly Sandra and I Wasn't Prepared. I'm more interested in Sherri, though, cuz she's a rhythm guitarist(mostly kinda) and so am I...
ok, thanks a lot if anybody knows...bye!
Last edited by Christophjam on Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:41 am; edited 3 times in total
savelatin
Sea Post King

I know Sherri switches to the acoustic on Plenty of Paper. I noticed Chauntelle switching between her 2 guitars quite a bit. (Hopefully someone else can fill us in better, because I'm interested too.)
garron
Sea Post King

yeah sherri plays the rick on almost all the songs. the thin-line tele is about the only other thing she uses. she doesnt really uses the red tele unless the rick and the thin-line break. but i dont remember exactly what song she uses the thin-line on though. its pretty much all rickenbacker all the time.

thats about all i remember.
Christophjam
Sea Post King

ok, well, that was helpful!

There is a Live album from this summer where she plays the Rickenbacker, the acoustic and the red telecaster all in one show. I tried to post pictures but they didn't work. Hmm, i don't know why.

Perhaps the thinline was broken at the time. Apparently it was. After all you would know, you're in the band.

thanks again, Garron!
McKenzies
Vintage Newbie

There's a lot of gear info at http://orangegoldandgreen.com if you want more.
Hope that helps. Very Happy
jeannette84xx
Sea Post King

Christophjam wrote:
ok, well, that was helpful!

There is a Live album from this summer where she plays the Rickenbacker, the acoustic and the red telecaster all in one show. I tried to post pictures but they didn't work. Hmm, i don't know why.

Perhaps the thinline was broken at the time. Apparently it was. After all you would know, you're in the band.

thanks again, Garron!

i do remember on the headlining tour i think she used 4 different guitars? on the switchfoot one she just used the rickenbacker, maybe to save time?
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

I think all three Eisley shows I've seen have had Sherri playing her Rick. I do know that on the "Marvelous Things" video she plays the Thinline, but I have no idea if that corresponds to live performances.

This is a great question and I should add a section to OGG's Gear page for that. Smile

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address