Laughing City
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

ryan fisher wrote:
you won't be disappointed...the slices are so big that they have to use two plates, and they still hang off the ends! however, last time i was there, they only gave it to me on one plate with a crap-ton of aluminum foil. slackers Rolling Eyes

They tried to foil your enjoyment.

Rolling Eyes

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
keithabbott
Sea Post King

I'll be going tonight with my fiancee. BTW, I'm spanking new here, but i've been following the band for a few months ever since seeing an article on them over at StarWars.com. I've been a huge fan of the Innocence Mission and the Sundays ever since 1991 and this band kind of falls right in that niche I think. I also like bands like Six Pence None The Richer, Liz Phair, Crowded House, Sunfall Festival, Lauren Hoffman...just to name a few.

My fiancee's favorite band is Hanson. That should probably ring a few bells for some of you considering Eisley and Hanson recently got together.

Hope you all have a great time.
Keith

livewirerach
Sea Post King

ryan, there is a place in manhattan right by columbia that has the biggest pieces of pizza i have ever seen. its disturbing what size the oven must be...anyway, i will try to come post-show if i get out early enough. see you all tonight!
Caley
Lost at Forum

keithabbott wrote:
... BTW, I'm spanking new here...
Keith

Welcome to the boards and have fun at the show tonight with your fiance!

ryan fisher
Vintage Newbie

so, andrew and i went to jumbo slice before the show. it was, as expected, amazing.

then there was some show with some band...yeah...whatever...

then, there was the crazy afterparty at jumbo slice with eisley, brigthen, andrew (granpa turtle), rachel (livewirerach) and me. here's visual evidence of the insanity:

i ate two jumbo slices in one day. i'm probably going to die.
livewirerach
Sea Post King

seriously, biggest pizza i've seen - i was mistaken in my previous post.
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

livewirerach wrote:
seriously, biggest pizza i've seen - i was mistaken in my previous post.

Yeah. I was thinking as big as I could ... and that was still bigger. Wow. Shocked

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
keithabbott
Sea Post King

I had a really great time last night. Spent way too much money and took way too many photos that came out fuzzy. But a lot of fun nonetheless. I was hoping to say hello to the band, but alas my fiancee was getting tired and both of us had to be up early this morning to head to work. I've got a good sized headache coming on, but hopefully that Tylenol I took will kick in soon enough.

Anyhow, I managed to talk to Boyd for a few minutes. I told him that I actually found out about Eisley from StarWars.com from all places. And ever since, have been hooked. I then handed him a CD-R of a little something I produced a few years ago that hopefully the band will enjoy during their long road tour. It's a 45 minute original Star Wars audio drama a bunch of friends of mine worked on. It's somewhere in between a piece of rubbish and really good. Smile

I'm still bummed though I didn't get to talk to Eisley. I really wanted to tell Chauntelle how much I enjoyed her singing on One More Day With You. And since Ann's (fiancee) favorite band is Hanson, well I thought I'd bring that up.

Well, that's it for now. Better head to work. I'll post some of my photos later on. Hopefully you guys will do some of the same.

Keith

bjaurelio
Sea Post King

the concert was amazing. the new song 'invasion' was a great literature based song. i think the ultimate literature based song would be inspired by swift's 'a modest proposal.'

sadly, i had to leave before the a chance to talk to anyone and the afterparty being metro bound and all. i also had more reading for the class i'm in right now. today's going to be such a long day. classes and a meeting through 5 with a short lunch break. and i can barely keep myself awake. usually the shower keeps me up until i really become awake.

back to class and the 4th amendment as a utilitarian right under rule utilitarianism (warrant requirement for searches and seizures).

The paradox of faith is this, that the individual is higher than the universal, that the individual (to recall a dogmatic distinction now rather seldom heard) determines his relation to the universal by his relation to the absolute, not his relation to the absolute by his relation to the universal.
-Soren Kierkegaard, Fear and Trembling
ryan fisher
Vintage Newbie

bjaurelio wrote:
...and i can barely keep myself awake...

lightweight! i didn't get to bed until after 3, and got up at 7 for work Cool
livewirerach
Sea Post King

yeah, i think i went to bed around 3:30a, and was up at 8....and literally have class/work from 10am until midnight. long day!
OceanMachine
Lost at Forum

bjaurelio wrote:
i think the ultimate literature based song would be inspired by swift's 'a modest proposal.'

Can you elaborate on that a bit?

I'm serious, it sounds like it would be cool. I'm just having a bit of trouble envisioning how the theme of the essay would be....translated musically. Unless you were just thinking of some silly joke song with sound effects and narration. That wouldn't be so hot. But if you actually meant a serious musical piece based on AMP....

Sounds interesting anyway.

Sea Post King

i think, truly, the ultimate literature-based piece would ahve to be anything by harry and the potters.
bjaurelio
Sea Post King

OceanMachine wrote:
bjaurelio wrote:
i think the ultimate literature based song would be inspired by swift's 'a modest proposal.'

Can you elaborate on that a bit?

I'm serious, it sounds like it would be cool. I'm just having a bit of trouble envisioning how the theme of the essay would be....translated musically. Unless you were just thinking of some silly joke song with sound effects and narration. That wouldn't be so hot. But if you actually meant a serious musical piece based on AMP....

Sounds interesting anyway.

i'm thinking of a serious musical song. the translation would be extremely difficult. at this point i don't know how it could be translated outside of something similar to 'modern major general'

The paradox of faith is this, that the individual is higher than the universal, that the individual (to recall a dogmatic distinction now rather seldom heard) determines his relation to the universal by his relation to the absolute, not his relation to the absolute by his relation to the universal.
-Soren Kierkegaard, Fear and Trembling
keithabbott
Sea Post King

Here are some of the pics I took last night. http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b195/keithabbott/Eisley%202006/. I just wish they would have turned out better, but not even photoshop could fix the problems I was having with my Fiancee's camera last night. aghhh!

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>