Laughing City
let_it_rainnn
Sea Post King

I was completely unaware of any of the bands that opened for Eisley. I heard of Brighten but never heard them. After the show in San Diego I am huuge fans of them now. Simon Dawes included. Blake pretty much rocks on the guitar. & I totally high-fived Taylor. Ha. That was fun.
srstacy
Sea Post King

IGotTheFireTonight wrote:
Actually, I do!

Last night, after the show, I saw the singer, and my friend asked him what his band's name means. He said they just wanted to have a name, and so they came up with that. His name is Taylor. He was a cool guy.

Thanks, that clears that up for me.
Joined: 07 Jan 2006 | Posts: 157 | Location: Songtan, South Korea
lindz_7080
Sea Post King

Simon Dawes and Brighten opened for Eisley in Toronto at the beginning of April. They're great musicians. Their music isn't completely my type of music, but they're definitly talented.
Kayci
Golly, Poster

I read somewhere that there was a Greg Dawes in the band whose female cousin's name was Simon, and they found that amusing or something like that. I'm not sure if that's true or not, I can't remember where I read it.
norad
Vintage Newbie

well, there isnt anyone in the band with that name that now.
kuhlmun
Golly, Poster

let_it_rainnn wrote:
I was completely unaware of any of the bands that opened for Eisley. I heard of Brighten but never heard them. After the show in San Diego I am huuge fans of them now. Simon Dawes included. Blake pretty much rocks on the guitar. & I totally high-fived Taylor. Ha. That was fun.

Yeah, Taylor was giving out high-fives like crazy. Also, it was pretty cool for Blake to dump water on everyone in the front. I totally bought both their CDs (even though they don't capture the awesomeness of seeing them live)

King Gallon: "You used Oswald to fight Darkova!? Let's see you try to get the good ending now!"
Joined: 26 Feb 2006 | Posts: 914 | Location: I'm not here, this isn't happening
Kayci
Golly, Poster

patrock wrote:
Yep, hence the "was" bit. I'm not sure about the truthfulness of the story though. I think I read it from Rhapsody.
norad
Vintage Newbie

Kayci wrote:
patrock wrote:
Yep, hence the "was" bit. I'm not sure about the truthfulness of the story though. I think I read it from Rhapsody.

yeeeah, hence the "now".
madsenfan35
Golly, Poster

srstacy wrote:

Anybody know for sure who they're named after?

I heard that they got the name from The Land Before Time. I haven't watched those movies in a long while (and I haven't seen the more recent ones because there are soo many!), so I'm not exactly sure where they mention a "Simon" or a "Dawes" in it. But that's just what I heard. I'll ask them.

- Dougie Payne, bassist of Travis
================================
http://www.xanga.com/madsenfan35
Joined: 09 Feb 2004 | Posts: 544 | Location: Silverlake, Los Angeles, CA
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
rahulvictor
Sea Post King

It's good to know his name is Taylor now, I used to just point at him and yell "Simon Dawes!". He found it amusing though...I think
giant_
Laughing Citizen

Awesome band although the high energy of their live show is almost the complete opposite of their mellow recorded counterpart. Thus, I much rather see them live than listen to their EPs (but i did buy both of them).
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

patrock wrote:
Kayci wrote:
patrock wrote:

yeeeah, hence the "now".

Was this necessary?

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
AreYouListening87
Sea Post King

patrock wrote:
i love taylor goldsmith.
\

me too! I've known the guys for about a year now...and they are thee most amazing people and musicians I've ever met! (well...Hanson's number one in my book...but still!!)

AreYouListening87
Sea Post King

madsenfan35 wrote:
srstacy wrote:

Anybody know for sure who they're named after?

I heard that they got the name from The Land Before Time. I haven't watched those movies in a long while (and I haven't seen the more recent ones because there are soo many!), so I'm not exactly sure where they mention a "Simon" or a "Dawes" in it. But that's just what I heard. I'll ask them.

ps...
I've asked the guys numerous times what the REAL meaning is...and still I haven't gotten a straight answer...Stu (the drummer) told me it was from a book that one of them had read, Blake (lead guitarist) told me it was a random name they thought of...I swear...those boys need to agree on a story!! But they are awesome guys!! I can't say enough good stuff about them!

<< prev | goto page