Laughing City
emmie
Sea Post King

Fory wrote:
Oh, no-one has brought up Sherri and Stacy talking about Irn-Bru (pronounced Iron Brew) their pronunciation of it was close, but they're forgiven. It is a great drink though.

This made my guy pals laugh hysterically! They kept saying it all night ! Rolling Eyes Boys!

I thought it was cute how they tried to relate. Funny how its always Irn Bru that seems to get mentioned in lovely Scottieland hehe. They know us too well.
Joined: 29 Jul 2005 | Posts: 59 | Location: Where the grass is green and the gurls are pretty, Scotland.
Fory
Sea Post King

yea, last time at TBS Adam tried to figure out what Haggis was...that was funny. Also Buddy from Senses Fail was taught what Neds were when they played here like a year and a half ago
Deviluck
Golly, Poster

haha irn bru is yummy and ive never had haggis before, its one of the most odd things scotland has produced Razz
DA Gallery
Myspace
If Eisley are ever in the UK, wanting some photos done =) do ask!
noodleman
Sea Post King

Fory wrote:

Oh, no-one has brought up Sherri and Stacy talking about Irn-Bru (pronounced Iron Brew) their pronunciation of it was close, but they're forgiven. It is a great drink though.

ah, yeah... that could be because me and my sis gave them some and the Newcastle show... we gave them that and some haggis and shortbread as presents from Scotland Very Happy we did say its name out loud though... but yeah. Americans... Wink

nathan

www.purevolume.com/GORADIO
www.myspace.com/GORADIO
www.myspace.com/natesmith
Last edited by noodleman on Sat May 27, 2006 10:50 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Grantticus
Golly, Poster

irn bru is horrible
but very scottish.

horsesonthelawn
Sea Post King

Eisley, sounded fantastic! I was completely blown away. I was so happy when I found out they were touring with TBS. I've been a fan for about a year. So I was so excited to finally get to see them. I think the barrowlands suited their sound better than TBS. Personally I have so many memories of the barrowlands as my first ever gig was there. Its good in a tacky sort of way. Anyway I didnt get any pictures because security took my camera off me at the beginning saying that it was "too big" and I had to have some sort of pass to use it! Whats with that? I've used it at the Carling Academy and I didnt get it taken off me....?

I also got to meet them, i rushed off to the side before they finished their set, and when Stacy, Sherri and Chauntelle were coming off I shouted on them and they came over and spoke to me and shook my hand. I was so happy after that I couldnt speak. Haha im such a loser but it's so weird finally getting to see/speak with people you've admired for ages. Does anybody else feel that way, that its not real? Seeing people that you've only ever seen on TV or in pictures in real life. Anyway I couldnt get over how sweet they all were. I got to meet them again nearer the end, my friends and I snuck BACKSTAGE! we went into their dressing room/lounge area and the singer from hellogoodbye was there and I was kinda like is Eisley around. And one of the tour people was like, nah their probably up watching TBS, then I turned round and Weston was hiding in the corner so I shouted on him, and they guy was like "haha ok well you've found one of them", He signed mt cd cover, ( I also met Garron who was sitting out on the merch bit) Then we went to go find the rest of them, but thoguth we should wait til they came off stage, so we hid in the toilets. Next thing I knew my friend is screaming at me, and Eisley had just passed her. So kinda ran out, I think Sherri recognised me from before, and was like hey! Managed to get her and Stacy to sign my cd cover, before I noticed Chauntelle talking to the security guard asking her if she knew me and my friends. She was kinda unsure what she should say at first and kinda gushed that she didnt (the security guard was really horrible and bald!) So he man-handled me and my friends out the door before I could get my cover back. Fortunatly, Sherri was nice enough to come outside and give me it back and she apologised as well.
I had such a great night, mainly because I got to meet them. I hope they come back super quick.

Also, does anybody know their set list?
mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

warning: quotage in the overload!

emmie wrote:

I also spilt a fellow forum-ers drink. oops times 2 Rolling Eyes

no freaking worries about that! seriously! Other boardies from other forums have bought me drinks and given me the where-with-all to get home. Even though they didn't need to.

So I guess it all ballances out! Smile

Fory wrote:

I really didn't catch what any of them said at any point. I was too excited. Plus I can never hear what some folks say in mics. I guess Sherri speaks too close to the mic.

clur wrote:
the que was awful though. eisley never turned up till 4.

I guess you wern't really behind the barras, then? We got there at about 20 to 7. And I thought that was late. And I still got a perfect view of them all (bar Weston).

Fory wrote:
i got a little recognition from Chauntelle also when my arms where in the air, a sort of smiley acknowleding nod, at least i think it was to me...

I'm pretty sure Stacy smiled at me a couple of times. I was in front of her, about 4 little people in between, so it was probably quite easy to spot me with my blonde (horribly horribly unstyled) hair and Eisley hoody, singing (terribly out of tune) and hands in the air and generally dancing as much as I could in what little space I had. She also did turn away from my cam before they even played a note. I'm sure of that. pretty sure. I saw it in the corner of my eye just before the cam actually took the picture.

horsesonthelawn wrote:
I didnt get any pictures because security took my camera off me at the beginning saying that it was "too big" and I had to have some sort of pass to use it! Whats with that? I've used it at the Carling Academy and I didnt get it taken off me....?

did you get the cam back? That's my biggest fear. Is getting the cam I'm using (usually my gf's or best mate's) and not getting it back.

set list...

there's some discussion on that in this thread.

I'm pretty sure Many Funerals was not the first in the set. I think that was second.

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland
Grantticus
Golly, Poster

horsesonthelawn wrote:
I got to meet them again nearer the end, my friends and I snuck BACKSTAGE! we went into their dressing room/lounge area...

I saw you and your friends pile into their dressing room.
possibly the funniest part of the night.
That security guy was not cool.

P.S. their setlist was as...

Many Funerals
Memories
Marvelous Things
Golly Sandra
Taking Control
Head Against the Sky
Invasion

trust me Wink

mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

I'm still disputing the idea that Many Funerals was first. I remember it being Memories and then Many Funerals. but I was really just too stoked to finally be seeing them to remember details such as that. (and I was also concentrating on trying to stay upright in that crowd. geez that was tough)

TheClassicRomance wrote:

blog!
thesinisterpenguin
Vintage Newbie

irn bru rots your brain.

thats what ol' tommy said down the corner shop.
Deviluck
Golly, Poster

I bought Irn-Bru from a corner shop yesteyday in highbury london. Yet this cornershop was not on a corner! It was on a street.
The irn-bru looked as if it had been in that shop for many a year.

So i drank a bit and left the rest.

DA Gallery
Myspace
If Eisley are ever in the UK, wanting some photos done =) do ask!
Grantticus
Golly, Poster

mad_sam_purple'ead wrote:
I'm still disputing the idea that Many Funerals was first. I remember it being Memories and then Many Funerals. but I was really just too stoked to finally be seeing them to remember details such as that. (and I was also concentrating on trying to stay upright in that crowd. geez that was tough)

Don't make me get them in here to settle this! Twisted Evil

mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

Grantticus wrote:
mad_sam_purple'ead wrote:

Don't make me get them in here to settle this! Twisted Evil

haha! know them personally, eh? Laughing

I think it was just because Many Funerals is my fave right now. So I just remember it more than the others.

But really, i don't care.

TheClassicRomance wrote:

blog!
clur
Sea Post King

ja many funerals was first.

i have a video of it and it was before my video of memories.
treetops12
Vintage Newbie

clur wrote:
ja many funerals was first.

i have a video of it and it was before my video of memories.

Surprised VIDEOS?
I wanna see!
please?