Laughing City
McBeers
Sea Post King

I've had this song dl'd from OGG for a long time now, but suddenly realized I don't know where it came from. I found somewhere it was a compilation thing with Zak Hanson, and some other band. Is it Chauntelle singing? This has recently become the first song I listen to every day in my daily regiment of Eisley music. Just hoping someone could give me a little bit of history cuz I'm certain someone in here knows. I wish I could be as good a fan as some of you guys and know as much as you do. Thanks guys.
Joined: 29 Sep 2006 | Posts: 28 | Location: Mt. Clemens, MI
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Chauntelle, Stacy, and Sherri all attended an invitation-only songwriting collective called Fool's Banquet, in which everyone teams up with members of other bands present in order to get out of their comfort zones. The goal was for each group to write and record one song that day. The Hanson brothers hosted the event, and Chauntelle was teamed up with Zac Hanson and John Crosby (of VAST; I'm pretty sure he does the backing vocals). According to Boyd, Zac and John did much of the songwriting with some input from Chauntelle, and then she sang lead vocals. I don't think it was ever mentioned whether she played guitar on the song as well.

EDIT: Also, welcome to the forum! I think I've been to Mt. Clemens before... in any case my last name is Clemens and I have family in Michigan, so I always get a little thrill when I see the name. Wink

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
McBeers
Sea Post King

That's awesome. I really like Chauntelle's singing, I don't know why she is so nervous to do more. Hopefully we'll see something on the new album. Thanks for the welcome as well. I've been around here a little while just watching. Where about in MI is your family from?
Joined: 29 Sep 2006 | Posts: 28 | Location: Mt. Clemens, MI
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Boyd has confirmed that Chauntelle sings more on the new album. I can't wait!

My grandfather was born in Flint. For the life of me I can't remember where my distant cousins live... Muskegan, maybe? Confused

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
boone
Vintage Newbie

It sounds like there is going to be some three part harmony on the new album, and Chauntelle doing some short solo parts.
Caley
Lost at Forum

^The three-part harmonies are going to be so amazing! I cannot wait to hear 'em and Chauntelle's solos. I think it's awesome that she's gained her confidence back and is singing on this album. Vulnerability always adds to music.
teayni
Sea Post King

Aw, she sang with a hanson? That's my last name...
Joined: 08 Nov 2006 | Posts: 54 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee
sweeeeet
Golly, Poster

Yeah, that song is so amazing isn't it? Zac Hanson was talking about the song in a Hanson chat a few months ago. I asked him all about it. He said

Zac: As far as "One More Day With You" getting on an album goes, I will
leave that in the hands of the Eisley camp, because no one could
do it better than Chauntelle. That song came about at our yearly song
writing get together called "Fools Banquet". Chauntelle John Crosby (from the band Vast) and I got together and the rest is history. As far as the inspiration, I think it was a gloomy day and we made the most of it.

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Whoa, that's pretty awesome. It would make an excellent B-side or single.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers