Laughing City
smilesonmonday
Sea Post King

I am kinda sad that Eisley is becoming more famous.

I hope that they like never conform to the ways of this world. I hope they don't get their own reality show!!! I hope that all of the people next year at school don't start wearing Eisley merchandise.

It would be really cool if more people around here liked them...but for some reason, I would be kind of sad if they were the next BIG THING. It would just be too weird, ya know? I guess in a way it would awesome for them...probablly something they've always dreamt of.

But what if Eisley forgets about all of their old fans? What if they like just stop caring ????

Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

I can wade their fame. But I would really hate to see them hounded by a thousand Paparazzi jerks.

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Seems to me Kim posted a while back that early on after Eisley got signed, someone suggested that there be a reality show about their family. The DuPrees flatly refused. They're cool like that.

Getting bigger is a natural process for bands, and every fanbase goes through the same things as their band of choice gains popularity. The DuPrees are remarkable people and I think they'll handle this just fine. I saw them live in 2004, 2005, and this year, and Chauntelle recognized me at each consecutive show. That speaks volumes for their quality as human beings.

Also, when your font is green like that it's really hard to read.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

Saellys wrote:
I saw them live in 2004, 2005, and this year, and Chauntelle recognized me at each consecutive show. That speaks volumes for their quality as human beings.

Or Chauntelle's lack of drug use. Wink

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Pantheon4 wrote:
Saellys wrote:
I saw them live in 2004, 2005, and this year, and Chauntelle recognized me at each consecutive show. That speaks volumes for their quality as human beings.

I KNEW the rest of them looked completely wasted!

(Totally kidding. Really.)

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
norad
Vintage Newbie

Oh puh-leese.
madcat2089
Sea Post King

I know what you're saying, but it's better for them to be popular than for us to be the few obsessed with them. But at the same time, they have such a unique sound I don't think you have to worry about them being loved by everyone (which makes them MUSIC and not GENERIC NOISE). They are so different than so many bands too that I don't think they'll ever become egotistical or hard to like (as people). And look at what Boyd does and compare that to other bands...there are very, very few bands that has someone that makes videos, journals, and more about the band so that we can be pleased week after week. That shows the perserverance and integrity of this group as well as their appreciation for fans.

Go pick up the latest issue of Spin with the Killers on the front and read about how Brandon Flowers is now. I love them but it's hard to have any respect for that group when there are bands out there like Eisley.

and yeah, please don't use green ha.
rmlawrence
Vintage Newbie

I think it's a valid feeling... and one that has been expressed many times in the past (even though there will be plenty of people who will dismiss it and try to make you feel dumb for feeling that way).

I remember the first time I saw Eisley after their first Texas dates with Coldplay. It was at the Revelation Room in Canton, TX... a tiny venue in a very tiny town. It was a nice, intimate setting. If Eisley ever gets big enough to headline in a moderately sized venue (like the Verizon Wireless Theatre in Houston)... seeing them there will still be good, but it won't be the same.

This community has already grown to a point that I'm finding it hard to keep up.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

Pantheon4 wrote:
Saellys wrote:

Or Hannah's signature look and style.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

I wouldn't expect the "get lost" rock star treatment any time soon, or ever.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
homesick_alien
Vintage Newbie

why are they apparantly "getting bigger" all of a sudden? I haven't noticed anything that warrants this "fear" Their popularity hasn't gotten bigger or smaller by much in recent history from what I've seen
Vintage Newbie

i listened to eisley back when they were cool.
now they're just selling out.

just because a band gets bigger doesn't mean you can't still enjoy the music.
Caley
Lost at Forum

I doubt Eisley would become seduced by the twisted ways of Hollyweird. They're way too amazing for that. Plus, Like the Actors would be kind of "huh?" worthy then. If anything I'm scared about is those bandwagon fans who supposedly "love" them after a hit song. And then drop them after a few months when another band that they're "in love with" comes on the scene. Bandwagon fans are whack.

Hopefully that doesn't sound too bitter. Laughing

alastica
Sea Post King

Haha yeah, I get kind of annoyed by the bandwagon kids too. It would be a little weird to see a bunch of kids walking around my school with Eisley shirts on. But it's sweet for the band so I wouldn't really mind too much. I was listening to the Killers for a while before they got huuuge and then when they did, all these weird girls in my school kept coming up to me going "omg i lovvvve the killers" whenever I'd wear my Killers shirt. Hah.
Joined: 01 Apr 2006 | Posts: 314 | Location: Greetings From Michigan, The Great Lakes State!
granpaturtle
Vintage Newbie

Eisley's already been the "next big thing"

in fact I think they won a contest called "the next big thing"
they already"soldout" and they're pretty much the same as always so...like...don't worry about it cos like they're cool and stuff and like i totally love your font cos like i have to like highlight it to read it....

<---yes this guy is an ass

goto page
 | next >>