Laughing City
smilesonmonday
Sea Post King

homesick_alien wrote:
why are they apparantly "getting bigger" all of a sudden? I haven't noticed anything that warrants this "fear" Their popularity hasn't gotten bigger or smaller by much in recent history from what I've seen

Well, the whole thing how they were on the Top 10 Anticipated Albums thing and how they are getting more articles written about them and stuff. I'm probablly just overreacting though, haha.

Sorry for the green font guys, I wasn't sure of how it would turn out.

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Don't worry about the font. Green isn't the greatest background for reading type. Laughing

I'm sure there will be tons of annoying and "fake" fans, but it usually helps to just ignore those and enjoy the music. I learned that listening to a few bands with sometimes extremely annoying fanbases. (Radiohead comes immediately to mind, both "Creep" era and a few years back.) I don't think the band will ever succumb to that kind of ego and forget their roots.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Joshmess
Golly, Poster

iam not tooo scared of them becoming big, but i don't like the idea of other people in my school wearing there shirts cause they may like telescope eyes or something.!!!!

like these bands became big and successful with be sellouts.

modest mouse
radiohead
mars volta
my bloody valentine
the killers

as long as not alot of jocks and preps are like I <3 EISLEY then i am ok! cause thats how every band came out i like =/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
norad
Vintage Newbie

Joshmess wrote:
iam not tooo scared of them becoming big, but i dont like the idea of other people in my school wearing there shirts cause they may like telescope eyes or sumthing.!!!!

I wouldn't worry about it. "Telescope Eyes" kind of sucks. Wink
rockchick1959
Golly, Poster

i dunno know if its just me but i dont think the term "sold out" can really apply to eisley yet. it seems like something more applied to the killers of fallout boy or panic! at the disco. something like that.

any one else agree?

http://kimschaefer.bandcamp.com/

http://youtube.com/kimschaefermusic
ParanoidxAndroid
Sea Post King

rockchick1959 wrote:
i dunno know if its just me but i dont think the term "sold out" can really apply to eisley yet. it seems like something more applied to the killers of fallout boy or panic! at the disco. something like that.

any one else agree?

I agree with this.

Also i think somebody said this earlier but i just want to reiterate the fact that just because a band gets a bigger fan base doesn't mean that you have to stop listening to them, who cares how many people like them as long as you do, be happy for their success and enjoy the fact that because a lot of people like them they're going to have funds and backing to record a lot more music for you to hear than if they just stayed a small indie band. I've been listening to Radiohead for years and I didn't get angry when they got big, i mean radiohead is pretty much the biggest band in the world right now, so big in fact that they don't even need to be signed to record and release an album, they just started their own label. Basically the point is that being upset over something like this is kind of stupid.

The Machine Garden like friends.
Joined: 09 Nov 2004 | Posts: 129 | Location: Kill-umbus, Ohio. w0rd to your motha
granpaturtle
Vintage Newbie

rockchick1959 wrote:

any one else agree?

how have the killers or fallout boy or panic! sold out?

just curious what your definition is, is all
norad
Vintage Newbie

Dudes, it's Fall Out Boy. Three words. Get it right.
homesick_alien
Vintage Newbie

granpaturtle wrote:
rockchick1959 wrote:

any one else agree?

how have the killers or fallout boy or panic! sold out?

just curious what your definition is, is all

exactly what I was thinking Andrew

Golly, Poster

well my definiton of sold out is when a band that used to really pay attention to the fan base ignores them or makes songs for radio play not for the love of making music kind of thing. i mean some of these bands who we consider "sell-outs" might not do one of those two things but i guess its just a matter of personal opinion to determine whether a band has become a bunch of sell-outs

rockchick1959
Golly, Poster

patrock wrote:

its okay. "fallout" is one space bar away from "fall out". the world will not end because of grammatical errors or typos. besides everyone knows what we're talking about. although i guess if it was your band you might take personal offense at people not being able to say/spell it right.

norad
Vintage Newbie

rockchick1959 wrote:
patrock wrote:

its okay. "fallout" is one space bar away from "fall out". the world will not end because of grammatical errors or typos. besides everyone knows what we're talking about. although i guess if it was your band you might take personal offense at people not being able to say/spell it right.

Wow. Laughing You seem to have taken that to seriously.
I was just pointing out the correct way to type out/spell out their name. Also, I was only talking to Andrew.
ParanoidxAndroid
Sea Post King

rockchick1959 wrote:
patrock wrote:

I guess it might be a different story if the band was good enough for anyone to care about, which luckily this isn't the case this time around.

The Machine Garden like friends.
Joined: 09 Nov 2004 | Posts: 129 | Location: Kill-umbus, Ohio. w0rd to your motha
rockchick1959
Golly, Poster

oh no. sorry, i thought YOU were serious. thats the thing i hate about typing. you cant distingush emotions. its not like you can type *slightly sarcastic* and then type or whatever. well i guess you could but that kind of defeats the purpose.

norad
Vintage Newbie

Heh, okay.
Well, if there is a correct way to type/spell something and someone doesn't do it that annoys me a little bit. So I had to point it out to Andrew.

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>