Laughing City
thesinisterpenguin
Vintage Newbie

in my opinion...its dawn treader.

the no no no no no bit referring to the part when eustace comes to the beach and is communicating to them about who he is and why they shouldn't slay him.
lonelynation3
Vintage Newbie

this thread has lasted longer than i expected. Laughing
thesinisterpenguin
Vintage Newbie

so's your mom. Laughing
lonelynation3
Vintage Newbie

thesinisterpenguin wrote:
so's your mom. Laughing

i saw that!!! Smile

treetops12
Vintage Newbie

oliez wrote:
treetops12 wrote:
patrock wrote:
treetops12 wrote:
I always wondered why it was "sat out" instead of "set out"... usually people set out on a trail. Confused
I know that's not important, but it's always kind of bugged me.

Typo?

Laughing Oh... you mean she doesn't actually sing it that way?

have you listened to the song? (it doesn't sound anything like sat...for sure it's set.) If you haven't you should. right now.

Of course I've heard it...about a thousand times. And I initially thought it was set, but when I looked up the lyrics, it said sat...so I got confused. I just wanted to clarify, that's all.

Mister_Pine
Sea Post King

the no no no no no bit referring to the part when eustace comes to the beach and is communicating to them about who he is and why they shouldn't slay him.

good point there. I never thought of that and dawn treader is my favorite book. After thinking about the lyrics and the eragon story though... i did see some things that are like eragon though. I'm not saying there is any inspirational things happening between the two. But... there are some things that remind me of eragon.

lonelynation3 wrote:

is that a bad thing? I love talking about this stuff... they should make threads out of the titles of each song and just have people tell what they think they are about. i'd be reading that all the time.

lonelynation3
Vintage Newbie

Mister_Pine wrote:

good point there. I never thought of that and dawn treader is my favorite book. After thinking about the lyrics and the eragon story though... i did see some things that are like eragon though. I'm not saying there is any inspirational things happening between the two. But... there are some things that remind me of eragon.

lonelynation3 wrote:

is that a bad thing? I love talking about this stuff... they should make threads out of the titles of each song and just have people tell what they think they are about. i'd be reading that all the time.

no, it's not a bad thing. it's just that usually i make threads they are quite silly and only last for a day or so.

norad
Vintage Newbie

Speaking of this book...the movie was pretty good.
lonelynation3
Vintage Newbie

really? my friends who read the book said it was worthless and it doesn't compare to the book. and my friend who hasn't read it said it was a bit vague but she still liked it!...
kuhlmun
Golly, Poster

Trogdor inspired They All Surrounded Me
The original version of the song had this verse:

Burninating the countryside was his pleasure
He held on his back a beefy arm for good measure
He said that at one point he was a dragon-man
And he smashes through cottages whenever he can

King Gallon: "You used Oswald to fight Darkova!? Let's see you try to get the good ending now!"
Joined: 26 Feb 2006 | Posts: 914 | Location: I'm not here, this isn't happening
stpddrummerboy88
Lost at Forum

i'm pretty sure chainmail, dragons, and thoughts were still in existance before eragon.
boone
Vintage Newbie

stpddrummerboy88 wrote:
i'm pretty sure chainmail, dragons, and thoughts were still in existance before eragon.

Blasphemy!!

negatiivethree
Golly, Poster

The movie looks like crap. I read the book a couple years ago and thought it was the coolest thing but I've grown out of it. The DuPrees aren't low enough to write anything about Eragon.
Mormon_seebs
Sea Post King

kuhlmun wrote:
Trogdor inspired They All Surrounded Me
The original version of the song had this verse:

Burninating the countryside was his pleasure
He held on his back a beefy arm for good measure
He said that at one point he was a dragon-man
And he smashes through cottages whenever he can

I KNEW IT!! Of course they would be inspired by something so amazing! <-- obnoxious color=sarcasm

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mister_Pine
Sea Post King

i saw the movie before reading the book. I thought the movie was really great but too short. I actually would like to go see it again. Now, i'm reading the book. A lot of things are taken out of the movie and several things were changed so that they could take those things out of the movie.

I can already say after reading just 60 pages that the book is going to be way better but I'll still like the movies. I also thought the same thing about Narnia and LOTR though... i'll tell you what i think about Harry Potter after i read them.

About the length, I like long movies personally... Peter Jackson will forever be one of the best directors of all time just because he made LOTR really long movies and still released extended versions. Harry Potter movies are also pretty good in length but I think they could be longer.