Laughing City
McKenzies
Vintage Newbie

Saellys wrote:
granpaturtle wrote:
Saellys wrote:
patrock wrote:
Oh, really Hannah? Dang. At least it's Asia.

And do you know what's in Asia? NORTH KOREA.

Just kidding. I'm not terribly worried. I'm more concerned that his ship is picking up Marines in Japan, and one of them might be my psycho friend Josiah.

you know what else is in Asia? Iraq

fun fact

Not exactly...
technically.
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

http://worldatlas.com/webimage/countrys/asia/iq.htm

In that it's practically Africa/Europe, sure.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
McKenzies
Vintage Newbie

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_continent

not that it matters much.

Very Happy
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

McKenzies wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_continent

not that it matters much.

Very Happy

Indeed it doesn't. My boyfriend was actually the one to object to Andrew's initial comment, and he would have a better idea than most people I know. Wink

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
McKenzies
Vintage Newbie

haha. i guess he would.
thesinisterpenguin
Vintage Newbie

pzykotic wrote:
I think it'd be pretty surreal to hear Eisley in a place like Iraq

exactly what i was thinking.
granpaturtle
Vintage Newbie

hannah,
did you just try to tell me that Iraq is not in Asia? You seemed to have fixed it but seriously that's a cool point reduction, you're down to the low 900,000 range
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

granpaturtle wrote:
hannah,
did you just try to tell me that Iraq is not in Asia? You seemed to have fixed it but seriously that's a cool point reduction, you're down to the low 900,000 range

If anyone needs a point of reference, the greek guy currently has over 100,000,000 cool points.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
greatbeyond
Sea Post King

hey, that's me!

i have been in iraq for four months. i'm with 2nd brigade 10th mountain out of fort drum, ny. 8 more months to go before I get to go home.

i've been a fan of eisley's since that short blurb they had in rolling stone with that photo of them on the bed. i found their mp3s online (the first song I heard was "dream for me") and then they played Sasquatch at the gorge in 2003 (that infamous show where they played with The Flaming Lips). I have a great photo taken by boyd of me and my friends with the band (i'm second from the right--i don't really dress like that anymore... what was i thinking back then???):

i saw eisley two more times in seattle but then the army got me.

my first duty station was ft. wood, missouri, but that didn't stop me from flying to Detroit to see them with Snow Patrol. then onto my next permanent duty station--Ft. Drum, New York. i saw eisley two more times--once in Montreal with New Found Glory and then later as the headliner in Boston (with Pilotdrift).

we have pretty good internet, but it gets cut off everytime someone is hurt or killed. i'm able to keep up with the boyd's blogs, but most photos are blocked. tonight is new years, but few are doing anything special, so its just another night. just as christmas day was a standard working day. yes it sucks at times, but we stick together and push through it and it helps to have escapes. mail is good for morale, as would be an advance copy of the new album*cough cough* Very Happy maybe i should post my mailing address....

but that's all for now. i hope i didn't get on too big of a soap box Embarassed

william