Laughing City
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

so, i saw a video of it that someone posted, and it sounded like it was in the works of being played live, but to be honest, i loved it, in the bridge, there's a part that's different than it is now, just a tiny bit different, but it sounded amazing, and very raw.

and everyone keeps saying they can't wait to hear it recorded, but i think sometimes the recordings take away from the, um, rawness of it, like, i think it sounds amazing live, and it will kind of suck if it doesn't sound as good on the cd.

cause the clip on Eisley's youtube video, it sounded, i don't know, different, i did like the pre-chorus line by itself though, it sounded amazing, that's all...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=x8XaTDcz724

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

"Rawness" is nice ... but sometimes that's why live music is so good. Hear the refined version on disc, hear it real and dirty live.

I think it's going to be awesome in any form.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
oliez
Vintage Newbie

only thing different I hear from usual (from the live mp3 I have and one of boyd's videos) is a lot of stacy in the pre-chorus and maybe a few drum things that could be different in the bridge...no idea.

The ending to that song always gives me chills...too good.
Kappa962
I LIKE KNOBS, FADERS

For what it's worth, the clips on the youtube video are extremely unmixed. It may or may not sound similar on the released album.

-Mark
crusso
Sea Post King

It also doesn't help that it's recorded by a hand-held in the audience. That's not exactly the ideal location to capture the way it sounds. I can't wait till they do some huge headline concerts and stuff starts to get professionally recorded and released on dvd. Probably a few years away, but some of my favorite live stuff is out like that (Stevie Ray Vaughn has a fantastic live dvd, to name one).
Retrovertigo
Sea Post King

crusso wrote:
It also doesn't help that it's recorded by a hand-held in the audience. That's not exactly the ideal location to capture the way it sounds.

Exactly, I can't even get totally into it until I hear a demo or something, it's an inaccurate representation.

amestheamazing
Sea Post King

I was therrre! Smile
boyd
Eisleyoid

i think you'll be quite satisfied w/ Invasion on the new cd. It's clearly one of the best tracks... just like the rest of them :-0

But don't expect it to sound the same... not exactly; It's so much better than that crappy, early live recording, but the spirit of the song, the energy and the vibe is the same. Weston's groove on the bridge is a little different, but actually is better. Snare beats (accents) are on 2 and the upbeat of 3 instead snare on 2 and 4. I could write it out, but that would be geeky. You musicans know what I'm saying. Anyway, it's more powerful in my opinion.

"The industrialists never saw the fruit of their own labor - Post Moderism,
which I now proclaim as dead. Their forefathers digital revolutionists,
have accelerated the final resolve by punctuating an end to our chaotic
journey with a new manifesto and a new era: The Age of Meaning."

(manifesto's sold separate)
Welcome: Illuminists
norad
Vintage Newbie

Studio recordings tend to always lack the same energy they have live.
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

boyd wrote:
i think you'll be quite satisfied w/ Invasion on the new cd. It's clearly one of the best tracks... just like the rest of them :-0

But don't expect it to sound the same... not exactly; It's so much better than that crappy, early live recording, but the spirit of the song, the energy and the vibe is the same. Weston's groove on the bridge is a little different, but actually is better. Snare beats (accents) are on 2 and the upbeat of 3 instead snare on 2 and 4. I could write it out, but that would be geeky. You musicans know what I'm saying. Anyway, it's more powerful in my opinion.

so, i have a question, in the song, are going to start it off with the guitar strum? cause that'd be amazing, just curious....

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
Gameboybob
Vintage Newbie

huh, i remember why i love this song listening to it again. its been a while. off to the journals to find the live version...

http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=gameboybob

http://www.myspace.com/thegameboy
Joined: 01 Aug 2003 | Posts: 5453 | Location: Nagoya, Japan
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

patrock wrote:
Studio recordings tend to always lack the same energy they have live.

That's pretty universal, and I kind of think it's due mostly to the physical circumstance of recording. I don't sing the same way without a guitar on my stomach, and without people watching me. It's near impossible to capture the passion, urgency, and dynamics of a live show in a studio, though many have tried.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address