85%
 85%  [ 47 ]
Ambidextrous
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 55

vivalaspopie
Vintage Newbie

the artistic theory came about about because each hand is controlled by the opposite side of the brain from it, i.e. the right hand gets direction from the left-hand side of the brain. The right side of the brain is said to be spontaneous and artistic; the left is said to be more rational.
Vintage Newbie

Two leftys? Honestly? I'M LIKE A RARE FLOWER!
Sprocket
Vintage Newbie

patrock wrote:

Right, into my signature that goes!

dannychair
Golly, Poster

I'm a lefty and I'm pretty artistic and creative. I've always been better than most at drawing/painting, writing, and music. It SUCKS though because I play guitar left handed and they only have about 5 left handed electric guitars at a time at Sam Ash or Guitar Center (which at least two are Squiers and two are Epiphone Les Pauls). I often have dreams about being able to test out a 12 string Rickenbacker 360 or a Gibson Les Paul.

Saellys
Vintage Newbie

I'm a righty, and I'm artistic. My mother, however, is a lefty and waaaaaay more artistic than me. She's made jewelry and done ceramics, and I have an amazing canvas-and-silk quilt she made when she was my age.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kayci
Golly, Poster

I'm a righty, but I try doing things with my left hand too, as much as possible. I always imagine worst-case scenarios in my mind when I'm bored and one of them is that my hand will get crushed and and I'll have to use my left one to do everything for a while. So I've started to try and whip it into shape, just to prepare for what will in all likelihood never occur.
boone
Vintage Newbie

I'm surprised I can play guitar at all, because I'm left hand retarded. But, I know quite a few left handed people, I don't know any that are really artistic. My brother is left handed, and he's not quite as weird and arty as me.
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Kayci wrote:
I'm a righty, but I try doing things with my left hand too, as much as possible. I always imagine worst-case scenarios in my mind when I'm bored and one of them is that my hand will get crushed and and I'll have to use my left one to do everything for a while. So I've started to try and whip it into shape, just to prepare for what will in all likelihood never occur.

Laughing I have horrible thoughts about what would happen if my left hand got crushed and I couldn't play guitar anymore.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

Saellys wrote:
Kayci wrote:

Laughing I have horrible thoughts about what would happen if my left hand got crushed and I couldn't play guitar anymore.

Or stabbed like John Lydon.

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
sea legs
Vintage Newbie

I'm a crafty lefty.

virb
Joined: 28 Sep 2005 | Posts: 2290 | Location: Missouri loves me.
norad
Vintage Newbie

Sprocket wrote:
patrock wrote:

Right, into my signature that goes!

Very Happy
telemakas
Sea Post King

Righty. But I bat lefty.
Joined: 05 Jul 2006 | Posts: 208 | Location: San Angelo, TX
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Catey
Lost at Forum

Are you kidding, 5 leftys and thats including me? Thats bad.

The other day someone didn't believe me that the left handed people were cooler so I googled it and came up with a bunch of people I like like..William Beckett, Sarah Jessica Parker, Scarlett Johannson and Conor Oberst.
Joined: 02 Aug 2005 | Posts: 1086 | Location: Essex, England
pearl
Sea Post King

This is a photo of my handwriting. It's obvious that my left hand is much more dominant. I wrote the both in the same amount of time, but the right-handed penmanship isn't as good.
Kudos to anyone who knows what lyrics I was quoting. Smile

4th Month of the Year
Lost at Forum

Kylee Janai wrote:
It's weird, because whenever I play soccer I'm better at using my left-foot than my right.

Actually it's not that uncommon. In gymnastics the amount of people more comfortable with their right and left foot is pretty even.