Laughing City
vintage_snowflake
Golly, Poster

Mystic210 wrote:
Yeah, I can't say I'm checking music sites for blurbs all the time or anything like I was but....

I am still planning on being up late Monday night to get the album from iTunes or something as soon as its available, then getting up and getting the real album from Best Buy (or some other place that sells CDs) the very next day (August 14). Laughing So I guess that qualifies as WILL be excited again when it finally comes out.

I have the exact same gameplan
mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

Well I'm excited, and as far as I know, there's no concrete date.

'cept for the US one, duh.

I will preorder from Amazon. And pay by card, so that it arrives quickly. I think I might have to ignore the forum from the 14th to when I recieve it! Laughing

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland
meisaninfinity
Sea Post King

i am soooooooo ready for it to be out.... gosh. ive been trying to build hype with my friends and all, but theyre all losers whom i allowed to listen to about five seconds of an eisley song before they disgustedly threw my earbud at me and informed me that my music tastes suck. so it hasnt really worked. Confused bummer. im excited though, and me and my friend are saving up our money from work for it (its minimum wage, and hey, a girls gotta shop and have a little fun too) i am going to get it asap.
Joined: 02 Mar 2007 | Posts: 267 | Location: inside my head
unclearlies
Vintage Newbie

meisaninfinity wrote:
ive been trying to build hype with my friends

Yeah I did this too...but now the hype died because I told them the album would be out towards the beginning of summer...but that fell through...

vintage_snowflake
Golly, Poster

in march 2006 or so I heard it was supposed to be out in june 2006.. imagine how long I've been waiting. But seriously guys, just suppport eisley and I'm sure the record will be fabulous (maybe different and more mature than room noises, but hey, change is good. I love hearing the evolution of the beatles in a series of songs.)
Kappa962
I LIKE KNOBS, FADERS

I've had the same issues of trying to get friends into Eisley with Room Noises. I love the album, but the production is seriously lacking. It's like it was overproduced and underproduced simultaneously.

In my mind, the main difference between Room Noises and Combinations is that Combinations was actually produced well. The songs sound like they ought to sound. They songs rock when they're supposed to rock. You can hear the guitars. The extra elements don't get in the way. It's a little quirky but still accessible. The songwriting has progressed, but that's not the main difference for me. But I'm an audio guy, so I may pay more attention to production details that a lot of other people might.

BTW, I think in March, they were talking about recording it in June, not releasing it. The earliest possible release date I ever heard was January 07, when we were on tour in march/april 06. But those date are always pushed back. I honestly can't think of any album that has come out on time. I remember the Toadies second major label album coming out about 2-3 years after they expected it.
-Mark
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

Kappa962 wrote:
In my mind, the main difference between Room Noises and Combinations is that Combinations was actually produced well. The songs sound like they ought to sound. They songs rock when they're supposed to rock. You can hear the guitars. The extra elements don't get in the way. It's a little quirky but still accessible. The songwriting has progressed, but that's not the main difference for me. But I'm an audio guy, so I may pay more attention to production details that a lot of other people might.

Wait, so the record will sound more like a performance of the song? Awesome pawesome if true. That was my big gripe with Room Noises. Things were so different betwen studio and live. I don't really mind when a band decides to change songs around or mix it up in concert, but it always seemed very obvious that Eisley kept far away from the Room Noises mix when they performed live.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

DRMS_7888 wrote:
Kappa962 wrote:

Wait, so the record will sound more like a performance of the song? Awesome pawesome if true. That was my big gripe with Room Noises. Things were so different betwen studio and live. I don't really mind when a band decides to change songs around or mix it up in concert, but it always seemed very obvious that Eisley kept far away from the Room Noises mix when they performed live.

It definitely sounds more like they do live.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
OceanMachine
Lost at Forum

unclearlies wrote:
meisaninfinity wrote:

Yeah I did this too...but now the hype died because I told them the album would be out towards the beginning of summer...but that fell through...

I also tried for a while to get my friends into Eisley. It's not really their kind of music though, so even though they didn't mind it, they didn't really take to it either. It's not even that big a deal to me that none of my friends listen to Eisley, except when I'm wanting to travel to a concert. It'd be nice to have someone to go with.

Vintage Newbie

OceanMachine wrote:
unclearlies wrote:
meisaninfinity wrote:

I also tried for a while to get my friends into Eisley. It's not really their kind of music though, so even though they didn't mind it, they didn't really take to it either. It's not even that big a deal to me that none of my friends listen to Eisley, except when I'm wanting to travel to a concert. It'd be nice to have someone to go with.

ditto
Joined: 31 May 2004 | Posts: 2018 | Location: Sacramento, CA
SamuraiPunk
Vintage Newbie

I'm now starting to feel the buzz for the new CD.
can't wait.

room_noises
Golly, Poster

I was super excited and then I lost excitement like many others when the date kept getting pushed back, but when the album got an actual release date I have been gradually gaining my excitement back. Of course watching new videos and webisodes and singles has been helping and maintaining my excitement.
Mr.P
Sea Post King

Excited? How can you not be. This is a great time for Eisley and I'm overjoyed for them. My bonus is being able to hear the resluts of all their hard work. I saw them in Hotlanta, the new songs are spot on! Go Eisley!!

PS-- for all you "I lost excitement" peeps stop going through life like its a fast food resturant, savor the sweetness of true talent.
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Mr.P wrote:
PS-- for all you "I lost excitement" peeps stop going through life like its a fast food resturant, savor the sweetness of true talent.

I doubt that's why people have lost excitement.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
juan
Lost at Forum

I can't wait, for me, the clips I've heard it seems that they are closer to the sound of ep2 whereas RN was so very different, maybe I'm wrong, either way from what we've heard so far I think this is going to be a killer album.

Also, I'm not quite sure when it is released here whether it will be in the shops? i.e. will their UK tour bring like a huge fan fair and muchos publicity or will it just appear one day in HMV if at all? What I mean is, should I just get it on 21st in the shops or order it from amazon and wait a couple days after release to get it? Hmmm. I wonder.

- Charles Darwin (legend)
Joined: 04 Apr 2003 | Posts: 1296 | Location: Gateshead - good ol' blighty, up north

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>