Laughing City
Anarr
Sea Post King

i think this show showed me why i love eisley so much. it was incredible. since my family sucks at directions it took us a while to find the venue, but we still got their two hours early.

as we were pulling into the parking lot weston and israel (mute math's videographer) were walking across the parking lot, so my mom got out and stopped them, since i was putting stuff in the trunk of our car. so i walked over to him and my mom was telling him how we named our cat after him (just a tad bit embarrassing). his response was "oh yeah, normally people just name their kids after me."

i told him i had bought them some cheesy glasses, and i wanted him to go ahead and give everybody their glasses, since i was lazy and didn't want to carry them around the whole day. as i pulled them out of my purse he started laughing saying "THOSE ARE HUGE"....they were those radzilla oversized glasses. one was in the shape of hearts, two were normal shaped ones, and the other two were four leaf clovers..."one two three four, yep five for each of us...any particular ones you want me to give to one of us" "no, you just hand them out as you see fit"

i asked for a picture, and then sherri and stacy came up. weston handed them their glasses (he kept the yellow regular shaped one, handed sherri the purple hearts, and stacy the orange regular shaped one). "oh man these are so awesome, they are like the heart ones i have pictures of in my journal," sherri said. "oh good...i left mine in the building i needed some glasses *laughs*," said stacy. weston asked me where i got them from...i laughed saying "the dollar general, of course" they laughed, then took a picture with me.

we got in line and waited for my friend leah, her mom, brother, and sister in law. they showed up about an hour later. we were walking to my car, so i could give her some stuff and we saw eisley doing stuff while isreal video-taped them. we went back in line, then shortly after eisley, christie, boyd, israel, and darren (mute math), walked by. that's when sherri saw the girl (i believe it was jessica [correct me if im wrong]) with the same dress on. then they left after talking to her for a while.

the doors finally opened and we got front row. everytime eisley would walk on stage the girls behind us would scream. one time garron was walking on stage and when the girls screamed he ran off stage.

wesley jensen came on and they were amazing. i had to get his CD, if you don't have it, you should...i can't stop listening to it.

when eisley came on we went wild. they were amazing. stacy's vocals were incredible. the highlight of the show (for me) was when they kept messing up on trolley wood. and weston finally had to point at stacy so she would know when to start playing keys. sherri's thought of the day was hilarious "i was on the forums today and looking through some pictures and i realized that you look ridiculous in pictures of you singing because you always make the most ridiculous faces" stacy added some nice poses to demonstrate. i can't remember what sherri said, but something made stacy laugh and sherri said "well at least stacy thought it was funny" then weston fake-laughed really loud which made everybody laugh.

i was trying to get stacy's setlist but somebody else got it, so i ended up with westons. me and my friend went and met wesley jensen and talked to him for a while...then everybody who was waiting inside was kicked out, so we waited by the side door for eisley. garron came out with some gear, but since we all were swarming him with "HEY WAIT NO DON'T LEAVE" he just sat the stuff down and started signing stuff. he told some people who were loading gear that he just didn't feel like dragging all of the stuff any further then he looked at us and said "yeah i'm at that point where it's like 'why even lie about it *laughs*." i got him to sign my setlist and then got a picture with him. he told my friend that they signed what felt like 30,000 "things" (lithographs) and he became an expert at signing his name as a G with a line that looked like it said "arron" at the end.

weston came out with some milk and said he would come back out after he put the milk up. garron went back inside to do a band interview. about 15 minutes passed and we all started saying "yeah so weston is never coming back out" after we said that garron came out "did he never come back out like he promised?" our reply was "no, you should go and get him" so garron ran over to the bus got weston only for us to hear "i will be back out in a sec, i promise this time" once the interview was done weston walked out and i got him to sign my setlist and i got another picture with him.

chauntelle came out, but then she went on the bus. we asked weston if she would come back out and he said "she might. i think she wanted to shower first though"

shortly after sherri and stacy came out. my friend got them to sign a drawing the four-year old girl drew of trolley wood. sherri kept saying "aww that's so cute because that's EXACTLY what trolley wood looks like." she signed my setlist and i got another picture with them. stacy said "oh you're the girl who was here really early with the awesome shades!" sherri told me "yeah we've been on the bus all night playing around with them they are awesome"

my friend got a picture with stacy and they talked about how they were wearing the same shoes, and sherri said "well i have the green ones and NOBODY ever has those" my friend pointed at her sister-in-law and said she has the green ones. shortly after that her sister-in-law went up to sherri to let her know that growing up they were pen pals. sherri was flabber-gasted. they hugged and talked and sherri was like "yeah i have always wondered if any of my old pen pals have ever been to our concerts" boyd took some pictures of them and sherri told her "yeah all of my family mocks me about all of my pen pals"

i never saw chauntelle come out, i would have waited a little bit longer, but my rents were tired so we headed to the hotel. the ending of my night was waking up at 2am in the hotel room with horrible pains in my side...i was taken the hospital only to find i had kidney stones...

once i get home i will post some pictures (including polaroids) of the concert and meeting them plus a video of sea king!!

[flickr] http://www.flickr.com/photos/artache
[last.fm] http://www.last.fm/user/owlslikeus/
[livejournal] http://anarr.livejournal.com
[myspace] http://www.myspace.com/kkthnxby
TheAntrider wrote:
I'm inspired to quit doing drugs. So inspired that I will start doing drugs just so I can quit them!

DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

What a crappy way to end a fun evening. Are you ok?

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
liketheact0rs
Sea Post King

thanks for sharing your super in-depth story! lucky you got to meet and talk to them multiple times. sorry about your middle-of-the-night pains.. but glad you had your fun! Smile i guess it was worth it, right? looking forward to those photos and vids you took!

ps: and yes, we all love eisley for always making time for their fans.

oliez
Vintage Newbie

were you the girl in the front row (just left of stacy)? I remember you then if you were.

I was there. Just got back. it was a good time.
marshking
Sea Post King

Aw I remember you. Black dress with the polaroid camera, right? I was the guy who got Stacy's setlist and then said "aw well I'm glad you got one!" when you got Weston's hahaha. I remember almost EVERYTHING in your recap of the show, including the afterward about Garron's signature and all of that.

It really sucks that I left so soon; I wanted to see Stacy, Sherri, and Chauntelle. We had to drive back to Memphis that night though...

Glad you had so much fun, I know I did! Sorry about the stones!

PS: Did you notice when I started the crowd clap-along during Trollywood? That was a HILARIOUS performance/hilarious peformances. I was REALLY REALLY REALLY upset they accidentally skipped over Ten Cent Blues though! At first I thought they just weren't playing it, but it was on the set list..

Did your polaroids turn out? I meant to bring mine with me, but just brought my nikon.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
oliez
Vintage Newbie

marshking wrote:
I was REALLY REALLY REALLY upset they accidentally skipped over Ten Cent Blues though.

you were the guy right in front of stacy right? I was the guy with those two girls from Missouri. I realized they didn't play it when we were listening to Combinations on the way home today. I guess Sea King was making up for it.
marshking
Sea Post King

oliez wrote:
marshking wrote:
I was REALLY REALLY REALLY upset they accidentally skipped over Ten Cent Blues though.

you were the guy right in front of stacy right? I was the guy with those two girls from Missouri. I realized they didn't play it when we were listening to Combinations on the way home today. I guess Sea King was making up for it.

Oh hey you! Free sticker guy, right? My dad's girlfriend and I were talking about how pretty your friend with the lip ring, I believe, was (the dark haired one). And my dad's girlfriend said you two made a cute couple, and then she made sure to say "that is, if they are a couple." hahahaha.

And yeah Sea King excited me a lot because it's one of my old time favorites, but I think they've been encoring it through the tour and STILL playing ten cent blues.. who even knows, the show was still ridiculously incredible.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
oliez
Vintage Newbie

marshking wrote:
Oh hey you! Free sticker guy, right? My dad's girlfriend and I were talking about how pretty your friend with the lip ring, I believe, was (the dark haired one). And my dad's girlfriend said you two made a cute couple, and then she made sure to say "that is, if they are a couple." hahahaha.

And yeah Sea King excited me a lot because it's one of my old time favorites, but I think they've been encoring it through the tour and STILL playing ten cent blues.. who even knows, the show was still ridiculously incredible.

yeah that's me.
For some reason I had a feeling people thought me and her were together. We're not.

From what I heard they aren't doing encores. They did one a few shows back because the crowd wouldn't leave. (They already were back on the bus).
Anarr
Sea Post King

oliez wrote:
were you the girl in the front row (just left of stacy)? I remember you then if you were.

I was there. Just got back. it was a good time.

yep...that was me! i think i remember you, since marshking pointed out who you are...thanks for the stickers! hah.

marshking wrote:
Aw I remember you. Black dress with the polaroid camera, right? I was the guy who got Stacy's setlist and then said "aw well I'm glad you got one!" when you got Weston's hahaha. I remember almost EVERYTHING in your recap of the show, including the afterward about Garron's signature and all of that.

Did your polaroids turn out? I meant to bring mine with me, but just brought my nikon.

hahaha yep im the black dress polaroid girl. i remember you....i think i was in line next to you too.

my polaroids DID turn out. one of sherri is a little blurry, but i expected at least one would be that way...it still looks rad though.

oh and im okay now...i finally passed my kidney stone....fun fun fun. hah

TheAntrider wrote:
I'm inspired to quit doing drugs. So inspired that I will start doing drugs just so I can quit them!

Anarr
Sea Post King

im bumping this thread with some polaroids at the moment....my concert photos are uploading right now. so keep looking here for more pictures.

weston, sherri, stacy, and me.
weston has his glasses that i gave him on his shirt.

blurry sherri

stacy

sherri

stacy again

wesley, christie, and me

concert pictures up ASAP!

TheAntrider wrote:

CaughtOnFilm
Laughing Citizen

Aw, I loved reading your review of the show! Sounds like Nashville is way into Eisley a lot more than Atlanta was, we didnt get to hear an encore! I hope you are doing okay. I love that first polaroid!
www.imahuman.tumblr.com
www.isitreallysostrange.wordpress.com
[i spend too much time on the internet, apparently.]

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Anarr wrote:
im bumping this thread with some polaroids at the moment....my concert photos are uploading right now. so keep looking here for more pictures.

weston, sherri, stacy, and me.
weston has his glasses that i gave him on his shirt.

blurry sherri

stacy

sherri

stacy again

wesley, christie, and me

concert pictures up ASAP!

These are good! Smile

P.S. I hope you feel better!

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
Last edited by TheAntrider on Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
golly andrew
Laughing Citizen

I read all of that. I still don't believe it.

As for your stone, it's a good thing you're a girl!
Joined: 23 Mar 2005 | Posts: 1919 | Location: In a glass case of emotion
lazerbith
Sea Post King

those polaroids are too cute!! and so are you!
i swear i just eyed that sherri dress at forever21.
shoulda known she would've already snagged it.
cool review too.
ohh erosion
Golly, Poster

oh man. props on those huge sunglasses. those are amazing. haha i got a pair of those at walmart but they're blue and shaped like stars. i've had them for a while now. Laughing awesome polaroids, also!! i like the live stacy shots a lot.
the things we did
the things you hide
for the record, it's between you and I.
Joined: 10 May 2006 | Posts: 554 | Location: west palm beach, florida

goto page
 | next >>