Laughing City
ghost in the snow
Golly, Poster

I used to use Golly Sandra, but I'd rather use one on the new album and I can't really decide. I want to use a more mainstream sounding song, but I want them to get the feel of how unique Eisley's sound is. Any suggestions?

Oh, and I feel like I should post more. I've been on here over 3 years now and have only 20 posts!
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

Go Away.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
leighish
Vintage Newbie

it depends on the person

theantrider wrote:
My jaw hurts and I have an ulcer. That's what spending time with Kylee gets you
Joined: 25 Apr 2004 | Posts: 6183 | Location: Lake Jackson, TX
cynlovescandy
Vintage Newbie

It depends on the person.
But, Many Funerals, Come Clean, Ten Cent Blues and Combinations are what I would use.
Many Funerals is just so kickin.
Joined: 31 May 2004 | Posts: 2018 | Location: Sacramento, CA
norad
Vintage Newbie

I sent my grandma Invasion. She loved it. Uh, I just sent my best friend the link their myspace when the album was just put up. I think my dad just put on the CD in the basement since it was there.
cynlovescandy
Vintage Newbie

patrock wrote:
I think my dad just put on the CD in the basement since it was there.

it cracks me up when my parents get into Eisley.
My dad was whistling "Go Away" the other day, and my mom was singing "Come Clean" but she was singing, "concrete, all around me..." and later she asked me if it was protest song about developers.
Laughing Weirdo.
Joined: 31 May 2004 | Posts: 2018 | Location: Sacramento, CA
o0ohellosunshine
Sea Post King

i usually use telescope eyes...thats the song that got me into eisley...when i fell in love with the song, i fell in love with the band. i think it would have the same impact on my friends
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
olimario
Laughing Citizen

Telescope Eyes is how I would best describe Eisley's music.
I was sad to learn it was about a Robot. I always assumed telescope eyes were huge glasses and metal teeth were braces. I thought the song was about a misfit making his plea that he is just like the rest of us.
starbucksgod
Vintage Newbie

id play combinations because that song is so lovely.
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Yes, feel free to post away! You've put in the time. Smile

I agree with Cynthia, it depends on the person. Eisley is too hard to pin down with one song, I think. The better strategy is to go with songs that appeal to the person in question. If not ... well, hm. I dunno. ha

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ghost in the snow
Golly, Poster

I've always found it interesting that at the restaurant I work at, TGI Fridays, they played Golly Sandra instead of the "single" Telescope Eyes. I agree with them that it's probably the most likeable off Room Noises by the general public.

I agree that it depends on the person, I just wanted to hear some different opinions. My younger sister likes poppy country music, like the Dixie Chicks, so I played Ten Cent Blues for her. My coworker lies pop-punk music, and she really likes A Sight to Behold.

If you met someone on the street and could only play one song by Eisley for them, what song do you think would make them go home and look them up?
Kayci
Golly, Poster

I too have different folks listen to different songs depending on what appeals to them, but from the old album I'd usually play Memories, Golly Sandra, or Marvelous Things, and from the new one I play Ten Cent Blues, I Could Be There For You, or Come Clean most often.
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

ghost in the snow wrote:
I've always found it interesting that at the restaurant I work at, TGI Fridays, they played Golly Sandra instead of the "single" Telescope Eyes. I agree with them that it's probably the most likeable off Room Noises by the general public.

I agree that it depends on the person, I just wanted to hear some different opinions. My younger sister likes poppy country music, like the Dixie Chicks, so I played Ten Cent Blues for her. My coworker lies pop-punk music, and she really likes A Sight to Behold.

If you met someone on the street and could only play one song by Eisley for them, what song do you think would make them go home and look them up?

Excellent post ...

I'd probably pick: I Wasn't Prepared, Tree Tops, Ten Cent Blues and Invasion. Many Funerals for rock people. I guess. Maybe. I dunno. haha.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
vintage_person
Sea Post King

Great thread!

I myself was introduced to Eisley with Plenty of Paper. I was with someone who played a mixed CD in his car, and this song came on. Everyone in the car started singing the break part (Oh, my love we could live on the sun...), and it was a very odd and catchy song to me. So the next day, without even looking them up on the internet, I went to Best Buy and bought Room Noises. With Plenty of Paper, I thought Eisley was a kinda goth-rock band and the album was not what I was expecting AT ALL. It was even BETTER! Fell in love with Memories, Just Like We Do, and Brightly Wound almost immediately.

I'm constantly trying to get my friends into this band. My roommate is a metal guitarist, and is into bands like Lamb of God and As Eden Burns, but also appreciates and listens to stuff like Radiohead, Mazzy Star, and Mellowdrone. I introduce him to Eisley with Head Against The Sky, Memories, and just today Invasion. He also heard parts of A Sight To Behold while was listening to it and said it sounded cool. I'm not done with my assault until he starts jamming them on his own. Smile

theenvycorps
Vintage Newbie

I'd go with Ten Cent Blues on this one as it flexes their lyrical muscles.
Last edited by theenvycorps on Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:17 am; edited 2 times in total