Laughing City
thesinisterpenguin
Vintage Newbie

ahh bummmer. at least you get to see them at all though! Very Happy
juan
Lost at Forum

alls I can say is, I'm most utterly jealous. One day they will play up in newcastle, not sure how the albums been received over here, but hopefully a proper healinging tour of clubs will follow sometime in the future, next year? in the mean time, I continue to hunt the album, heard it on myspace, its jolly amazing. went in HMV and the guy had actually heard of Eisley an had the first album, he hunted eveywhere for it but alas I exited empty handed.

Hope the headlining gigs are good, not sure I'm that jealous of missing the leeds/reading shows.

- Charles Darwin (legend)
Joined: 04 Apr 2003 | Posts: 1296 | Location: Gateshead - good ol' blighty, up north
Sprocket
Vintage Newbie

Have a jive of a time, folks! I'm off to Reading in the morning and shall report back in the language of herring.
clur
Sea Post King

hope the gig went well. im still jealuz Sad
juan
Lost at Forum

I'm definately still of the opinion that they could have played a gig up north, 3 gigs in london and 1 in reading in 4 days, the UK isn't that big, heck you can walk from one end to the other in a week, ok not quite but nearly! Maybe it was strategic? Who knows, alls I know is that I'm pretty disappointed. Still I've seen them 3 times already so I can't complain too much. Lets hope the london press receive them well enough to allow them to come back and do a proper tour.

- Charles Darwin (legend)
Joined: 04 Apr 2003 | Posts: 1296 | Location: Gateshead - good ol' blighty, up north
Retrovertigo
Sea Post King

It is sort of odd that the most random unsigned bands can get full UK tours and Eisley isn't getting the same push. How big is this "Fly" place, anyway?
Russell
Golly, Poster

tight venue (150 tops). I was at the front and got some hot shots but needed to pee two or three songs in so I had to bail and hung out at the back. gave boyd a cd and sang along to the grooves.
thesinisterpenguin
Vintage Newbie

how awesome is boyd?! he's one cool cat.

ahhhh i'm seeing them in like....under 20 hours. guhhh Very Happy
matt504hrs
Sea Post King

so does anyone know what time they are playing tomorrow? (thursday) cus all that talk about them being on earlier (and sherri said 7?!) just confused matters.. 7 seems way too early to be headlining a show.... whats the deal?
thesinisterpenguin
Vintage Newbie

as far as i know...and i'm only going on what it said when i booked tickets...doors at 7, and they are on at like...8:30..
8:30 was what it says on their myspazz..

i'm getting there earlier than 7, anyhow.
mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

dD_Daz wrote:
OMG it's today! Should be amazing. I just went all the way to London yesterday for The Sounds, so I'm doing it all again for Eisley! Maybe I'll see some of you there... although seeing as I hardly post on here I doubt I'd recognise anyone... and vice versa. I'll probs be wearing a The Sounds t-shirt though... so yeah.

was about to say... i take it you were the bloke in the Sounds tee?! Laughing
I was the guy who did the wavey hand dance and sang out of tune. Alot. I even spilt some beer on the poor man infront of me! Laughing

Top night last night. Boyd is THE MAN!

I think Sherri got a bit confused. They were on at about 9.30. And to think that i SPRINTED from Monto! Laughing

Had a bit of a wickedly good suprise. Who was there? none other than Grant and Nathan from the board! Laughing Nathan/his bro were on the way back from Europe, but i dunno what Grant's excuse was.

Regardless of what time they'll be on stage tonight, we hopefully are sure of this: they WILL do the distortion squat.
they did promise...

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland
Muad'Dib
Sea Post King

Sherri didn't think there was a support band on tonight, which is why they might be starting early. I think the doors will still open at 8 though, so I'll aim to get there sometime after that. Who shouted out for the distortion squat? I was right next to you!
windym
Sea Post King

Last night's gig was awesome. It's the first time I've seen Eisley since their V festival slot a few years ago and I was blown away. I'll try and post some video clips later. Can't wait for Reading Festival!
dD_Daz
Sea Post King

What an amazing show! Me and my two friends got the the venue at like 6:30... waaay early. I'd never been to The Fly before so didn't know what to expect. Anyway we sat around a lot and then eventually we heard the soundcheck. They played Memories twice, Golly Sandra (Instrumental), Ten Cent Blues and Come Clean IIRC. By about 7:30 ish I looked out of the window and spotted Garron under an umbrella. Next thing I know I see Boyd and the rest and they walked past the window looking in so we waved at them and they waved back. It was so funny the way it was done, you probably had to be there?. Rolling Eyes

Anyway when we finally were able to go down to the actual venue bit, we got to the very front of the stage, and we kept pinching ourselves at how close we were. The support band were... different, shall we say. Really not my thing... but hey! Anyway when they were setting up for Eisley, they brought Stacy's keyboard right in front of us. It was like half a meter away... it was insane at how close it was.

Anywho awesome set! I was hoping I could get them to play Like The Actors (as it's become one of my all time favourites) but I was more than happy with the songs they did. I took a loada pictures and even apologised to Stacy afterwards for probably blinding her!

I spoke to Chauntelle abit too, we were talking about Conan and she was saying how scared she was about it, but I said they'd be amazing as usual. They are performing Invasion on it, but I'm guessing most people already knew/assumed that anyway.

Erm what else, oooh I got a photo with Boyd! Ha! And spoke to Stacy for a bit too.

I can scan in the Set List if people would like to know the songs. I'll upload my photos soon and the two videos I filmed... (A Sight To Behold & Ten Cent Blues - which they had to restart), though sound quality isn't that amazing... Yeeeeeaaaaah. Awesome show. And I'm done... please resume your lives.

I last saw Eisley: The Fly, London, UK
Joined: 17 May 2006 | Posts: 88 | Location: Bourne, Lincolnshire, UK
matt504hrs
Sea Post King

EDIT
Last edited by matt504hrs on Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>