Laughing City
Kimbrtones
Vintage Newbie

I have a question, and this is not whether you think Eisley can get on radio or should.
The question is...when should Eisley's fans begin to mobilize and start bombarding your local rock station to play Eisley?
Invasion will be the first "single", so that is the song that should be requested.

My thinking is, we should all start demanding that our local rock stations play it now.

This is a request from us and the band to ask you guys to start making those calls.
Find posted station numbers in this thread:
http://www.eisley.com/laughingcity/posting.php?mode=editpost&p=607033

Thanks! Smile
kd
Last edited by Kimbrtones on Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:16 am; edited 2 times in total
sukieinthe_g
Golly, Poster

I agree, we should start bombing the stations. But if we were to wait, maybe we should begin do it the day after they play on Conan. That way, they've had a huge dose of public exposure. Maybe other, newer fans would call in as well.
Luke's Mom
Sea Post King

Before the Conan appearance, we need to combine our efforts and do a few things:

1. Complain to WB about availability issues.
2. Post alerts in every possible music forum.
3. Go to our local music stores and INSIST that they stock Eisley before the 30th.
4. Call the Conan ticket switchboard and try to get tickets to the show. No way you will get them, but they keep records.

I couldn't find the viewing numbers for Conan, but if even 5% of them buy Combinations, I bet that is a heck of a lot.
(according to Cubs, 125,000 units!)

MINUTES after Conan, call your late night radio station.
Request Invasion (if that is the song played)

This seems organic and fan driven?
Maybe someone can get the phone numbers ahead of time for the larger markets and post them here. Or, we can start a thread today and add to it by jotting down numbers of our stations playing that genre after 1:30 AM EST.
Adam?? anyway you can get a copy to AFN?
(I sound like a bossy boots-my morning persona--sorry!)
Joined: 26 Jul 2004 | Posts: 420 | Location: Cranberry Bog, MA
Kimbrtones
Vintage Newbie

This sounds like a good plan. ^^^
Should we start a different thread that is for radio station numbers only?
Luke's Mom
Sea Post King

Conan ticket request (for Eisley, Aug. 30th): (212) 664-3056.
They won't have any, but ask if they will be playing again on any NBC show. (like SNL-hahaha). Be cool, and don't make it seem like telespam.
Joined: 26 Jul 2004 | Posts: 420 | Location: Cranberry Bog, MA
parrishdup
Sea Post King

Sounds like a plan!

I don't really listen to radio so could someone give me a clue as to which radio station to start calling in the Houston area??

CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

I see the other thread with radio station numbers has already started. Shouldn't we already be calling, maybe once a day, to request Invasion? Why wait for Conan? Most radio stations have programmers and the program is planned well before it airs. They won't have it in rotation before the Conan show if it hasn't been requested before the Conan show is my thought. I too haven't listened to much music radio in years (as it mostly isn't very good around here). But that is how it used to work years ago. The days of calling the DJ and getting a song put on the radio that isn't already in the rotation are mostly gone. Calling the station daily or a couple times a day will help to get the song into rotation. And yes, all calling right after Conan seems like a great idea. I just think calling once or twice a day now, before Conan, will also help with that effort.
Kimbrtones
Vintage Newbie

i agree.
Funny, Tyler does not even have a rock station, and the Dallas stations do not really reach here very well.
dial r for revenge
Golly, Poster

i could call / email some uk radio stations and request.. since they've been played on radio 2 before now... if we can get them on bbc radio again right before reading and leeds it might get more people to check out their set..?
"dial" in Welsh means "revenge". If a welsh speaker enters an English phone booth, having paid the coin/phone card the next command the l.e.d screen throws at the customer is "revenge!" thus setting the tone for a confrontational conversation.
(thank you mogwai you are all nuts.)
Joined: 04 May 2004 | Posts: 564 | Location: bristol, england
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
keltica
Golly, Poster

Greetings to you all - I'm back from my misty cheese-flavoured Swiss mountains Laughing

Kim - I've already bombared approx. 20 Italian radio stations with Eisley giving them links to websites, samples, videos etc. So I hope that helps.

"Δῶς μοι πᾶ στῶ καὶ τὰν γᾶν κινάσω"

Joined: 11 Jun 2007 | Posts: 791 | Location: Ariccia, Rome - Italy
vivalaspopie
Vintage Newbie

parrishdup wrote:
Sounds like a plan!

I don't really listen to radio so could someone give me a clue as to which radio station to start calling in the Houston area??

That's a tough one. Rice radio would easily play Eisley, I'm sure. However, that is just college radio, and I can't even pick it up in my house. I think I may go station exploring this week. I somehow doubt 104.1 or 96.5 would give it a listen because they are too busy putting Maroon 5 and Rihanna on repeat.
leighish
Vintage Newbie

vivalaspopie wrote:
parrishdup wrote:
Sounds like a plan!

That's a tough one. Rice radio would easily play Eisley, I'm sure. However, that is just college radio, and I can't even pick it up in my house. I think I may go station exploring this week. I somehow doubt 104.1 or 96.5 would give it a listen because they are too busy putting Maroon 5 and Rihanna on repeat.

Yeah, unfortunately I think those two would still be our best bet. We could always send Combinations to Sunny 99.1 Laughing

theantrider wrote:
My jaw hurts and I have an ulcer. That's what spending time with Kylee gets you
Joined: 25 Apr 2004 | Posts: 6183 | Location: Lake Jackson, TX
RockerChick
Sea Post King

Shoot for the college stations first. They are less restrictive with their playlists. And Top 40 radio takes its cues in part from college radio. The Top 40 DJs have nothing to do with the playlists, and calling them is a waste of time.
Kit
Sea Post King

Eisley will be on the radio eventually. I think it will happen. But, I don't think they will become a radio band with hit after hit. However, they are all eye candy. One of their singers is 18. They are arguably getting better with each record. They are charting higher with each record. They have a lot of presence on the Internet. Radio will get it eventually. Even if it is not with something from Combinations. They are far from their prime being over. I'd say Eisley has a good 10 years to get a hit under their belt. Rilo Kiley is just now getting their major push to radio and Jenny Lewis is 31.

But yeah, we need to bombard the phones. Name the time, I'll do it.
comeclean
Sea Post King

vivalaspopie wrote:
parrishdup wrote:
Sounds like a plan!

Isn't that the truth

I suppose I could call in the Dallas stations. I mean, who cares if I can't actually get any of them Razz