Laughing City
keeplookinup
Sea Post King

102.1 in dallas used to play telescope eyes so, they'll play invasion if people start requesting it. right?
gRegor
the gEek

This could be of use; realtime tracking of what songs are played on which stations and when (well, for the stations that participate, I guess). There's several already, so definitely call them:

http://yes.com/artist/Eisley

hello hero!
Sea Post King

I always listen to the radio at night, cause I can't fall asleep without music in my ears...I usually listen to KROQ 106.7, and it was like 1 or 2 a.m. in the morning and the VJ was playing all these bands with chick singers, and I was half asleep when I realized he was playing "Come Clean". Then a couple songs by different bands later, he played "I Could Be There For You". I was like wtf? hahah. I know he was talking a little about Eisley too but I was way too tired to comprehend.

But I'm going to start calling KROQ and requesting "Invasion". Peeps who live in the L.A. area, you guys should do the same!
Joined: 23 Feb 2007 | Posts: 39 | Location: San Gabriel Valley, CA
elialovesmusic
Sea Post King

KROQ always takes forever to answer, good thing we can request online too. I'll keep calling.

Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
treetops12
Vintage Newbie

gRegor wrote:
This could be of use; realtime tracking of what songs are played on which stations and when (well, for the stations that participate, I guess). There's several already, so definitely call them:

http://yes.com/artist/Eisley

Thanks for that link... turns out my future college's radio station is playing them. Smile

elialovesmusic
Sea Post King

Luke's Mom wrote:
Conan ticket request (for Eisley, Aug. 30th): (212) 664-3056.
They won't have any, but ask if they will be playing again on any NBC show. (like SNL-hahaha). Be cool, and don't make it seem like telespam.

I called for the conan tickets, already. Aha and they tell me the same thing, that there are no more tickets only standby ones.

I also called los angeles' indie radio station last night & I had to leave a message requesting the song, it was quite fun.

KROQ finally answered today & I requested "invasion".

Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

Luke's Mom wrote:

I couldn't find the viewing numbers for Conan, but if even 5% of them buy Combinations, I bet that is a heck of a lot.
(according to Cubs, 125,000 units!)

I took 2.5 million viewers times your 5% hypothetical. I doubt 5% will run out to get the album. But 2.5 million (average viewership from what I could find) will see them play Invasion, and over the course of months I am sure 5% or more will continue to listen to Eisley on the internet, via friends, and via album purchases. But even if 1% of the viewers buy the album, that is still 25,000 more copies than would have been sold. I would guess somewhere between the 1% and 5%, but who really knows? It is awesome that they will be on with the guests that they are (Kevin Bacon and Will Forte) and a Thursday night (a big night for television viewing). With all of that, Conan should exceed his average viewership.
bamccaig
Sea Post King

Local radio said that they don't have Eisley and it's up to the label to distribute it. I have a plan, but we're gonna need some things:

• A few volunteers; preferably male, preferably crazy;
  • Some black balaclavas;
  • A stolen, black, unmarked van;
  • A starved tickle-monster;
  • Names and addresses of label executives.

Sephiroth: I will... never be a memory!
---
Everything changes when you say it out loud.
Joined: 21 Aug 2007 | Posts: 23 | Location: Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, Canada
oliez
Vintage Newbie

Are we sure WB has already got stuff out to radio?
Are they still going to do the "real" video for invasion?
If they haven't sent stuff out yet and are still planning on the real video I'm sure that's why most places don't have it yet.
keltica
Golly, Poster

Kimbrtones wrote:
I have a question, and this is not whether you think Eisley can get on radio or should.
The question is...when should Eisley's fans begin to mobilize and start bombarding your local rock station to play Eisley?
Invasion will be the first "single", so that is the song that should be requested.

My thinking is, we should all start demanding that our local rock stations play it now.

This is a request from us and the band to ask you guys to start making those calls.
Find posted station numbers in this thread:
http://www.eisley.com/laughingcity/posting.php?mode=editpost&p=607033

Thanks! Smile
kd

Hey Kim - check this website out: www.qoob.com (you can publish video/songs and advertise a band). I used the Italian version to advertise Eisley.

"Δῶς μοι πᾶ στῶ καὶ τὰν γᾶν κινάσω"

Joined: 11 Jun 2007 | Posts: 791 | Location: Ariccia, Rome - Italy
Kimbrtones
Vintage Newbie

Quote:
oliez wrote:

Are we sure WB has already got stuff out to radio?
Are they still going to do the "real" video for invasion?
If they haven't sent stuff out yet and are still planning on the real video I'm sure that's why most places don't have it yet.

Good point. I guess the hope is, that WB has done their job, and if it is something that the stations will receive soon, they will already have heard of them.

I don't know.... Confused
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

I wonder if it might be cool for us to have some kind of way of keeping track of how many calls we've made. It might be semi pointless, but it's kind of like they do with fund-raising drives. "We've made 5,000 (or whatever) calls in a month." It might help us push to make calls, and keep it going. And it might give some kind impressive statistic to attach to the forum or to toss out to the label/radio folks.

Just like "Called 3 places today. 120 calls so far, so +3 for 123." To borrow a little bit from the "Eisley elimination" format.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Mister_Pine
Sea Post King

um... you might like to know that "Invasion" is going for adds now on Triple A radio stations.

see... http://gfa.radioandrecords.com/publishGFA/GFANextPage.asp?sDate=08/27/ 2007&Format=7 (third on the right.)

shyviolet
Lost at Forum

i never request songs but tonight i decided to call the current and request "invasion". saturday nights it's all listener requested songs. i told the dj what i wanted to hear and she said, "yeah, i'll play that. i've seen it lying around here." i got super-pumped and about 45 minutes later she played it! it's an amazing radio station and people stream it from all over the world, so yay!

oh, and it was kinda fun hearing the dj shout the song out to me. i definitely got a kick out of it.

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

shyviolet wrote:
i never request songs but tonight i decided to call the current and request "invasion". saturday nights it's all listener requested songs. i told the dj what i wanted to hear and she said, "yeah, i'll play that. i've seen it lying around here." i got super-pumped and about 45 minutes later she played it! it's an amazing radio station and people stream it from all over the world, so yay!

oh, and it was kinda fun hearing the dj shout the song out to me. i definitely got a kick out of it.

Sweet! Nice work! Smile

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address