Laughing City
Catey
Lost at Forum

I'm not jealous nono not at all.

If I could I would have sold my 3 day Readig ticket and gone to both Fly shows and gone for the one day for the Eisley set...and so I could of not got ill so I could have seen Arcade Fire and The Shins.
Joined: 02 Aug 2005 | Posts: 1086 | Location: Essex, England
dD_Daz
Sea Post King

Nowhere Man wrote:
dD_Daz wrote:

SET LIST:
As shown though the last two songs weren't played

Great pics. I see they played their little known song "Marvelous Thugs."

Wow that vid really shows how close you were.

Haha I hadn't even noticed that until you mentioned it.

I last saw Eisley: The Fly, London, UK
Joined: 17 May 2006 | Posts: 88 | Location: Bourne, Lincolnshire, UK
OceanMachine
Lost at Forum

A Sight To Behold is looking to be an awesome live track.
Vintage Newbie

Man, seeing pictures like this makes me really excited and anxious to see them next month. I'm going to line up outside the venue 2 hours before the doors just to ensure that I get in the front, even though I'm sure I can get there 20 minutes before the doors and still get front.

How likely would it be that I could meet these amazing people on the Mute Math tour? Do they usually interact after their sets? Even if another band is playing right after them? And, how does everyone get these set lists? And, does Kim and Boyd attend every one of their shows?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm a new Eisley fan (just found them 3 weeks ago).

Ok, last question: Would you all think I'm crazy if I drove 8 hours to see them in Boise, Idaho on the 19th, then came back home to see them in Portland, Oregon on the 21st? Because I'm really contemplating doing that... Very Happy
dD_Daz
Sea Post King

uncreative wrote:
I'm going to line up outside the venue 2 hours before the doors just to ensure that I get in the front, even though I'm sure I can get there 20 minutes before the doors and still get front.

Me and my friends got to the venue for about 6:30... doors opened at 8 - we waited around for a while and could hear soundcheck. No one else turned up until about 7:15 ish... So if you get there early you'll be fine I guess. Though Eisley are supporting at your show right? So it would depends on how big MM are over there...

uncreative wrote:
How likely would it be that I could meet these amazing people on the Mute Math tour? Do they usually interact after their sets? Even if another band is playing right after them?

I'd say it's likely, I mean from what I can tell they always stay around afterwards to meet fans. And when they supported The Fray they hung around their merch stall so people could take pictures etc etc.

uncreative wrote:
And, how does everyone get these set lists?

Grab one while you can! Ha. If you're near the front then you've got a good chance. When I saw Eisley support Taking Back Sunday in Nottingham, UK I was like 2nd row and tried so hard to get a setlist. Anyway some person on the front row got one, looked at it, shrugged then passed it back to me. Hahaha soooo lucky.

uncreative wrote:
And, does Kim and Boyd attend every one of their shows?

Boyd does yeah! Pretty much.

uncreative wrote:
Ok, last question: Would you all think I'm crazy if I drove 8 hours to see them in Boise, Idaho on the 19th, then came back home to see them in Portland, Oregon on the 21st? Because I'm really contemplating doing that... Very Happy

This is Eisley we're talking about... so no not at all! Very Happy

I last saw Eisley: The Fly, London, UK
Joined: 17 May 2006 | Posts: 88 | Location: Bourne, Lincolnshire, UK
uncreative
Vintage Newbie

Wow, thanks so much for all your answers! I appreciate it.
oliez
Vintage Newbie

uncreative wrote:

i think 10 hours is a max trip for me. I made a 9 and it was very close to the limit. By the time I got to the city I was just worn out and almost couldn't enjoy the show (which led to not even meeting the band).

you're in the clear I think.
Kimbrtones
Vintage Newbie

I drove 11 hours to see them in Nashville, but it was the day before mine and Boyd's 28th anniversary. Smile
It's not so bad if you stop about every 2 hours at a gas station to get a drink and use the facilities, and walk around a bit..

....and I usually am only at the Texas shows. Boyd is their tour manager so he is at all the shows.
oliez
Vintage Newbie

Kimbrtones wrote:
I drove 11 hours to see them in Nashville, but it was the day before mine and Boyd's 28th anniversary. Smile

that was the show I drove to. I remember Boyd freaking out in front of the venue trying to find you. He was on the phone saying, "Yeah I know this needs to get done, but I can't find my wife" or something like that. It seems you and the family randomly show up to shows I go to. I was at that Tulsa show during the Final Noise tour when you all suprised the band. Sherri was talking to Chad through most the songs when she didn't sing, but my friend I went with is a huge NFG fan and so that made her day (even better) that he was there.
Last edited by oliez on Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:38 pm; edited 4 times in total
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Driving 8 hours isn't unusual ... unless you consider flying to Idaho, California, Pennsylvania, D.C. and New York to see Eisley unusual. Laughing

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
uncreative
Vintage Newbie

Ok now I have to drive to Boise to see them, just to keep up with all of you! Laughing

First I need to find someone crazy enough to come with me, I have a friend who liked Eisley when I played him a few songs, so I think he has the most potential. (I've already asked him - via email, waiting for a response).