25%
 25%  [ 15 ]
More than 1 of the above
40%
 40%  [ 24 ]
Total Votes : 60

oliez
Vintage Newbie

I just got back from Best Buy from buying Under the Blacklight and figured I'd give Combinations a check up. There were at least 5 cd/dvds and nearly 10 regular version. It was a good suprise...or a bad one. Depends on how you look at it.
deathlyhallows
Sea Post King

I found six copies of combinations in best buy here in chicagoland. none in borders or fye, but they have it listed.
keltica
Golly, Poster

A friend of mine who lives on the East Coast told me there were ads and actual cds at a store.

"Δῶς μοι πᾶ στῶ καὶ τὰν γᾶν κινάσω"

Joined: 11 Jun 2007 | Posts: 791 | Location: Ariccia, Rome - Italy
leighish
Vintage Newbie

Well I'm 100% sure they have it at our hastings and robert found six copies today at Target on an endcap for "on the verge" artists. They were there along with Rilo Kiley and Tegan and Sara.

They were in good company Smile

theantrider wrote:
My jaw hurts and I have an ulcer. That's what spending time with Kylee gets you
Joined: 25 Apr 2004 | Posts: 6183 | Location: Lake Jackson, TX
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

I checked at Best Buy in Longview, and there are tons of copies. More than they had for Room Noises. Well, "tons" as in probably 20+. They no longer have any copies of the EPs or Room Noises.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
sootandstars
Sea Post King

I may just have the most frustrating story to tell with regards to finding the record (void of said action)

I'm from Canada, Alberta to be exact about the province. I flew out to Los Angeles the day of Combinations release. Already pretty disgruntled about not being able to get my favorite band's record the day it came out got me all in a tangle. But, I figured the next day wasn't so bad for purchasing. The 15th, we went to the see the Walk of Fame, all I wanted to do was go get the record (also wanted to see James Deans star which was covered because of construction (gotta be kidding me!), my luck just improves…). So I go into the Virgin music store (i think that was its name) there, and I asked an employee organizing the shelves after searching very hard and already feeling quite discouraged with the idea of finding it. His response to me was, "Eisley? Eisley? Uhhhh, I was just over there, I didn't see anything like that." I usually get that response when I mention Eisley, one day everyone will know just who I’m talking about! They’ll see! Kinda miffed about his abrupt and agitated tone I felt pretty intimidated so I shuffled out of the store. Knowing before hand that this would be the situation I would encounter I thought maybe Barnes and Nobles' would carry it. Checked the site and they didn't show up any results. So a few days later (still in LA) I overlooked a Barnes and Noble, later I heard they were selling it (ARGGHHHH!). By this time I am back up north, and I search every music store I know. "What's Eisley?" "Oh that band that toured with Coldplay? Yeah...I dunno." HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?! You may be asking, why not just order it online...well anyone holding a credit card in my home refuses to purchase things online because of their own reservations about online shopping. So I have no CD. I am grumpy and sad, I was so enthusiastic for it and still am, I just hate reading that everyone's got their's (congratulations that you do, but man is it tough on people who don't), and I am here left to enjoy nothing. It will be here soon...I just don't know how soon.

-Zaina
Mister_Pine
Sea Post King

I live in Memphis, TN.

I haven't really looked for it since I got it, but I was at Walmart last night and I didn't see it (but I wasn't looking for it either).

Two of the Cat's Music here in town and Spin Street had the album, but not the bonus EP. They are local indie record stores.

greatbeyond
Sea Post King

The album has made its way to Iraq.

I was at the PX last night at Camp Liberty and there it was. $9.95.

The copy I ordered from Warner Bros still hasn't arrived yet in the mail. Mail has been incredibly slow. I'm waiting on Eisley and also Rilo Kiley from Amazon. I was so tempted to buy the album then and there. I settled on picking up "Disturbia" on DVD.

William
srstacy
Sea Post King

Yep, AAFES is definitely carrying it. I was in the Base Exchange on Osan Air base here in Korea on Friday and there were two copies.

I went there to buy a blank CD to burn the copy I bought off iTunes to listen to in my car, but since they had the album I thought about just buying that instead.

I decided not to deprive anyone else of the chance to buy it and just put the two copies at the front of the rack and left.
Joined: 07 Jan 2006 | Posts: 157 | Location: Songtan, South Korea
bamccaig
Sea Post King

I checked at two locations in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, Canada. Music World didn't have Combinations in their system, but CDPlus had it in stock Surprised. Unfortunately, CDPlus didn't even have the special edition CD/DVD in their system... Crying or Very sad

I don't see why the distributors would not stock at Music World... CDPlus is a smaller store with less selection... I wasn't even gonna bother checking CDPlus for this very reason.

Sephiroth: I will... never be a memory!
---
Everything changes when you say it out loud.
Joined: 21 Aug 2007 | Posts: 23 | Location: Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, Canada
br00tal
Sea Post King

I checked for combinations in two different cities in france.
I checked in both vigin megastores in paris and toulouse, none of them had it. I also checked in two fmacs and it wasn't even listed in the system.
keltica
Golly, Poster

br00tal wrote:
I checked in both vigin megastores in paris and toulouse, none of them had it. I also checked in two fmacs and it wasn't even listed in the system.

No chance in France. I tried in Thonon/Evian and I tried in a huge cd shop in Switzerland - I went to the biggest stores in Rome - nothing at all.

For Europeans the best solution is to order from amazon.co.uk or amazon.de

"Δῶς μοι πᾶ στῶ καὶ τὰν γᾶν κινάσω"

Joined: 11 Jun 2007 | Posts: 791 | Location: Ariccia, Rome - Italy
pazatronix!
Lost at Forum

i stopped by my best buy to check if they had any and they did. Smile
about 10 regular, 5 special edition, and about 10 room noises.
so i took half of them and stuck them on an end cap. heehee. then i hurried out of the store. Laughing
anotherrandomtuesday
Vintage Newbie

keltica wrote:
br00tal wrote:

No chance in France. I tried in Thonon/Evian and I tried in a huge cd shop in Switzerland - I went to the biggest stores in Rome - nothing at all.

For Europeans the best solution is to order from amazon.co.uk or amazon.de

Really? I went to fnac when I was in France and there was a whole bunch of Eisley.
Joined: 28 Jul 2005 | Posts: 4455 | Location: Sacramento, CA.
rmlawrence
Vintage Newbie

On a possibly related note... I got an email from Amazon.com today. They send me emails every now and then recommending certain CDs based on my and other users' band ratings and past purchases.

This message said, "We've noticed that customers who have purchased or rated music by Rilo Kiley have also purchased Combinations by Eisley. For this reason, you might like to know that Combinations is now available. You can order yours for just $12.97 by following the link below."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number