Laughing City
Vampirate
Sea Post King

Kimbrtones wrote:
oh, yeah....I must admit we are a bit eclectic too. Embarassed

Boyd and I use to never go out on typical dates...you know, to a movie, out to eat. We couldn't stand to waist money on a movie that we might hate, or food that wasn't good.
Instead we would always go antiquing or looking for collectibles.
Something eBay has just about eliminated. Anyway, we'd drag the kid's through shops, and to outdoor swap meet places. They hated it for so long.
We'd come home with our $10 prize for that trip. That was our "date".
Then the kids started finding things they wanted to collect. Now they have amazing, cool, vintage things that they take with them when they leave home.
When I get things now, they put their name on it if it is something they want to get someday. I think it makes it special.

and for my kitchen wall? Boyd calls that my "70's cheap art, home decorating, crappy art wall". I agree! Laughing

That is so adorable/cool. I wish my family had something as nice as that to do with each other!
Also, I like the way everything's arranged in the room. I don't think it's cluttered or anything like that. Now if you look at my room...Razz

Girlylikepixieflamethrow
Golly, Poster

Kimbrtones wrote:

Boyd and I use to never go out on typical dates...you know, to a movie, out to eat. We couldn't stand to waist money on a movie that we might hate, or food that wasn't good.
Something eBay has just about eliminated. Anyway, we'd drag the kid's through shops, and to outdoor swap meet places. They hated it for so long.
Then the kids started finding things they wanted to collect. Now they have amazing, cool, vintage things that they take with them when they leave home.
When I get things now, they put their name on it if it is something they want to get someday. I think it makes it special.

and for my kitchen wall? Boyd calls that my "70's cheap art, home decorating, crappy art wall". I agree! Laughing

Sounds like the coolest dating idea ever.

Deadpoet
Sea Post King

Kimbrtones wrote:

That sounds awesome. I love collecting 'useless' stuff too. I have a mug collection. Like coffee mugs. Like a I have a liver mug and a pancreas mug and a mug with wheels and a Marvin the Martian mug. I love em. And I think your '70's cheap art, home decorating, crappy art wall' is pretty sweet. Plus it's all over the internet and magazines now because of that picture. Smile

ride4Jesus
Vintage Newbie

Kimbrtones wrote:

i love antiquing! you can find such cool, unique stuff out there (old town temecula for me) and its like having a piece of history.

Joined: 10 Mar 2007 | Posts: 2482 | Location: San Diego, California
Girlylikepixieflamethrow
Golly, Poster

I'm a little eclectic too.

golly andrew
Laughing Citizen

patrock wrote:
Nowhere Man wrote:
patrock wrote:
Nowhere Man wrote:
My Blackened Crown wrote:
Is that Eisley's house? It looks like it was designed by a person with OCD throwing crap onto a wall, no offense to anyone, but seriously. Its more jam-packed with more random stuff than Japanese toy store.

OMG, nice! Good-bye Mrs. Eisley, it was nice having you on the board. Crying or Very sad

Who the heck is this "Mrs. Eisley"?

Duh, it's teh Eisley's moms.

More importantly who are "teh Eisley's"?

You know the answer to that.
Joined: 23 Mar 2005 | Posts: 1919 | Location: In a glass case of emotion
ride4Jesus
Vintage Newbie

Girlylikepixieflamethrow wrote:

I'm a little eclectic too.

me too.

Joined: 10 Mar 2007 | Posts: 2482 | Location: San Diego, California
Deadpoet
Sea Post King

ride4Jesus wrote:

me too.

Those are pretty sweet. Per-retty sweet. I love how they're all light blue and purple and not deathly at all. Unlike the skeletons... which are quite ghastly.

Jessica
Sea Post King

patrock wrote:
I think I remember Kim saying this picture was taken in their kitchen. I love the art work.

I thought for the LONGEST time that that photo was taken at Buca di Beppo's.

(it's a snazzy'esque Italian restaurant with very cool decorating. i.e. crimson walls with every square inch of it completely and utterly covered with cool artsy things like in this photo. Just more densely-covered lol)

The table looks like it came from the Great Hall a la Hogwarts. Smile

Vintage Newbie

Jessica wrote:
patrock wrote:
I think I remember Kim saying this picture was taken in their kitchen. I love the art work.

(it's a snazzy'esque Italian restaurant with very cool decorating. i.e. crimson walls with every square inch of it completely and utterly covered with cool artsy things like in this photo. Just more densely-covered lol)

Haha! I'm pretty sure there is one of those restaurants in MO. Yummy ass food.
vintage_person
Sea Post King

Jessica wrote:
patrock wrote:

I absolutely love the look of that table. I had no idea it was in their kitchen. Awesome!

RockerChick
Sea Post King

Kimbrtones wrote:

That decoration would be called "three girls forced to live in one room that was not meant to be a bedroom, because we have 10 people living in one house."

It's sooo cute though. Is that the corner of a matle/fireplace on the side? Or am I wrong? Whatever the trim is is really gorgeous.
cynlovescandy
Vintage Newbie

that room is not OCD. OCD would be a blank wall with nothing on it, super sanitized.

The pictures/videos I've seen of the Eisley house seem really fun. Lots of good stuff going on.
Joined: 31 May 2004 | Posts: 2018 | Location: Sacramento, CA
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

cynlovescandy wrote:
that room is not OCD. OCD would be a blank wall with nothing on it, super sanitized.

The pictures/videos I've seen of the Eisley house seem really fun. Lots of good stuff going on.

Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder can actually be about anything someone obsesses and then makes compulsions over. While sanitary habits is one of the most prominent forms of OCD, it could really be about anything. It's moreso the adverse affects your habits have on your life rather than the content of those habits.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
cynlovescandy
Vintage Newbie

DRMS_7888 wrote:
cynlovescandy wrote:

Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder can actually be about anything someone obsesses and then makes compulsions over. While sanitary habits is one of the most prominent forms of OCD, it could really be about anything. It's moreso the adverse affects your habits have on your life rather than the content of those habits.

Yes, I know what OCD is, but thanks for pointing that out, since a lot of people might not know what OCD really is. I should have been more sensitive.
I was just saying that if we were to stereotype OCD people, and how their houses would look, the stereotype would be that the walls would be empty and clean, nothing out of order...etc.
Joined: 31 May 2004 | Posts: 2018 | Location: Sacramento, CA

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>