Laughing City
Girlylikepixieflamethrow
Golly, Poster

Sure are a lot of boneheads out there.

Poor Stacy Sad She probably just kept right on playing/singing. Cos she's bad A!

Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

TheAntrider wrote:
patrock wrote:
giovanna wrote:
Kimbrtones wrote:
of course all the ole timers around here remember when Stacy had the beer thrown at her. Rolling Eyes

Aww that really sucks. That person is lucky im not stacy cause i would have leaped my a** off that stage and showed that guy and thing or two hahaha.

I'm pretty sure the Brand New dudes did.

Indeed.

I was getting a bit proud/feeling old but I wasn't around for that time period. I remember when that happened in the UK when someone through a cup of beer (or maybe a bottle?!) when they opened for TBS. After a "that was rude" or something to that effect small comment, classy/professional/(shocked?) Stacy and the band just kept going apparently.

It's amazing how heartless and stupid some people can be. Whether you like the opening band or not, there's no reason for that.
Lady_Gown
Sea Post King

Mystic210 wrote:
TheAntrider wrote:
patrock wrote:
giovanna wrote:
Kimbrtones wrote:
of course all the ole timers around here remember when Stacy had the beer thrown at her. Rolling Eyes

Aww that really sucks. That person is lucky im not stacy cause i would have leaped my a** off that stage and showed that guy and thing or two hahaha.

Indeed.

I was getting a bit proud/feeling old but I wasn't around for that time period. I remember when that happened in the UK when someone through a cup of beer (or maybe a bottle?!) when they opened for TBS. After a "that was rude" or something to that effect small comment, classy/professional/(shocked?) Stacy and the band just kept going apparently.

It's amazing how heartless and stupid some people can be. Whether you like the opening band or not, there's no reason for that.

I think I remember Boyd saying Stacy said "Gosh..." or something like that and nothing else. I was really shocked when I read about it, I can't understand how someone would do such a thing.
Joined: 02 May 2006 | Posts: 274 | Location: Asteroid B-612
hisownshot
Vintage Newbie

Lady_Gown wrote:
Mystic210 wrote:
TheAntrider wrote:
patrock wrote:
giovanna wrote:
Kimbrtones wrote:

Indeed.

I think I remember Boyd saying Stacy said "Gosh..." or something like that and nothing else. I was really shocked when I read about it, I can't understand how someone would do such a thing.

Neither do I. Then again... rather a beer bottle than a bullet or grenade or something. Shocked

I've seen those CSI episodes with the people at the clubs and guns. OMIGOD.

i'm gonna marry the mars volta.
Joined: 01 Nov 2003 | Posts: 8260 | Location: new hampshire
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

A grenade? WTF?

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
princesstripandfall
Lost at Forum

DRMS_7888 wrote:
A grenade? WTF?

that made me laugh.. just cause what the person said was so random, and then you responded like that.

i got into the band in like sept/oct 05, and even then they were way more open then they are now. And i miss it. I mean, yeah people really, really shouldnt be hacking their pictures and stuff, but i don't think that should be a reason for the band to distance themselves. if anything, shouldn't it make them closer to their real fans since they dont do that kind of stuff?

I dunno, maybe it's just their nature. Stacy especially has always seemed extremely shy to me.

on a semirelated general-band note, i don't think it makes sense that bands are more willing to come out after their set and sign,etc when they're the opener. for timings sake, yes, but what about all the "devoted" (such a cheesy word) fans that come to headlining shows and wanna meet 'em.
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

princesstripandfall wrote:
I mean, yeah people really, really shouldnt be hacking their pictures and stuff, but i don't think that should be a reason for the band to distance themselves. if anything, shouldn't it make them closer to their real fans since they dont do that kind of stuff?

How can they tell who the "real fans" are on the Internet? There are plenty of people on this forum, and at their shows, who have downloaded stolen songs and pictures and maybe even posted awful things about them online.

No other band or artist at Eisley's level is so involved in their online community, for that reason among others. And of course bands' parents generally don't hang out on their forums. We'd all like to believe that Eisley are different from any other band, and musically they are. But they have to go through the same things as far as popularity is concerned, the good and the bad. As dismaying as it is to see a very small group of people separate Eisley from their real fans, it's pretty much inevitable.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Saellys wrote:
I mean, yeah people really, really shouldnt be hacking their pictures and stuff, but i don't think that should be a reason for the band to distance themselves. if anything, shouldn't it make them closer to their real fans since they dont do that kind of stuff?

How can they tell who the "real fans" are on the Internet? There are plenty of people on this forum, and at their shows, who have downloaded stolen songs and pictures and maybe even posted awful things about them online.

No other band or artist at Eisley's level is so involved in their online community, for that reason among others. And of course bands' parents generally don't hang out on their forums. We'd all like to believe that Eisley are different from any other band, and musically they are. But they have to go through the same things as far as popularity is concerned, the good and the bad. As dismaying as it is to see a very small group of people separate Eisley from their real fans, it's pretty much inevitable.

I'm pretty sure the band or their parents don't need to be condescended to.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

TheAntrider wrote:
Saellys wrote:

I'm pretty sure the band or their parents don't need to be condescended to.

I'm pretty sure I wasn't being condescending, but hey, thanks for insulting me. Again.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
ghost in the snow
Golly, Poster

patrock wrote:
Kimbrtones wrote:

I think alchol shouldn't be allowed at concerts. Some drunk bimbo almost spilled her beer on me at a concert. Mad

My first concert I was at, Barenaked Ladies back in the 5th grade, I had beer poured all over my head. That almost stopped me from going to more, but thankfully it didn't! My second concert, Weird Al, was much better. Weird Al makes everything better.
loveisachemical
Vintage Newbie

This thread is full of warm fuzzy community feelings.
LAWVE!!!
Kimbrtones
Vintage Newbie

Quote:
Saellys wrote:

But they have to go through the same things as far as popularity is concerned, the good and the bad. As dismaying as it is to see a very small group of people separate Eisley from their real fans, it's pretty much inevitable.

I have to agree. There is good and bad and both have cause and affect.

I also do not know of, (not saying that they don't have them, I just haven't really looked), other bands that have the forum attached to their website where fans can have such inside access. Eisley's forum is kind of like an online reality show about the band Eisley. You guys have a lot of access into their daily lives, and family.
Girlylikepixieflamethrow
Golly, Poster

Kimbrtones wrote:
Quote:
Saellys wrote:

But they have to go through the same things as far as popularity is concerned, the good and the bad. As dismaying as it is to see a very small group of people separate Eisley from their real fans, it's pretty much inevitable.

I have to agree. There is good and bad and both have cause and affect.

I also do not know of, (not saying that they don't have them, I just haven't really looked), other bands that have the forum attached to their website where fans can have such inside access. Eisley's forum is kind of like an online reality show about the band Eisley. You guys have a lot of access into their daily lives, and family.

I agree... I "weird myself out" in that I feel like I know them personally but then see them (example: at a show) and feel kind of shy and skeptical. Not negatively, just careful, I guess. Does that make any sense? Yes, they are approachable, friendly, kind folk, but I always clam up when I see them in person. Maybe I'm just a foo'

DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

That's because knowing someone on the internet and knowing someone in real life is two different things. They are both deserving, meaningful relationships. But, they don't always flow naturally with one another.

Life's awkward I guess.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Girlylikepixieflamethrow
Golly, Poster

DRMS_7888 wrote:
That's because knowing someone on the internet and knowing someone in real life is two different things. They are both deserving, meaningful relationships. But, they don't always flow naturally with one another.

Life's awkward I guess.

Well put. I also feel like a huge dork when I meet them. Every time.