Laughing City
gRegor
the gEek

So there's this festival some of you know about, Cornerstone.

Moss Eisley played there years ago and it was a big part in the process that got them where they are today. They had a great time there and have said they would love to play there again.

They actually were invited the next year (I believe boyd said it was to play Main Stage, too), but their management at the time declined, in order to keep them available for something potentially bigger (like a nice tour). This was a silly decision in retrospect as nothing happened and they could have played, and it would have been a good opportunity. Ah well, hindsight...

So now, years later, with new management, and upon learning Eisley hadn't been asked back yet (boyd said at least he's never heard of any such invites, and he usually gets most of them), I decided to launch the Get Eisley to Cornerstone 2008 Campaign.

I'm still figuring out what all that entails, but for the moment at least there is the newly opened poll on their site where you can rank the 10 bands you would like to see play Cornerstone 2008. It requires registration, which isn't a big deal, but will definitely lessen the amount of people that vote so... we have a better chance of getting Eisley into a good ranking. It's not guaranteed that any top #X bands will play, but it certainly could impact the festival's choices if they showed up in the top 10. As of my vote tonight, they were at #40, which is pretty good.

So for now I'm asking people to take a few moments to register and vote. Even if you don't plan to attend the festival, your vote can help.

Register:
http://www.cornerstonefestival.com/vote2007b_r.cfm

Vote:
http://www.cornerstonefestival.com/vote2007b.cfm

oliez
Vintage Newbie

I signed up and will start voting. I do remember the band talking about this and how much it helped them.

Maybe the rejection of the request wasn't handled by the band and the managment might have stepped on some toes with Conerstone people.
treetops12
Vintage Newbie

Eisley is moving up fast! My strategy when voting for the other 9 bands was to choose bands I've never heard of, because they probably won't interfere with Eisley's ranking.
vivalaspopie
Vintage Newbie

hah, Bob Dylan is on the list.
alastica
Sea Post King

I tried to vote...but when I tried to log into my account (I made one earlier this year to vote for my friends' bands) it said it was disabled...weird. Oh well. Maybe I'll just end up making a new one.

Joined: 01 Apr 2006 | Posts: 314 | Location: Greetings From Michigan, The Great Lakes State!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
gRegor
the gEek

oliez wrote:
I signed up and will start voting. I do remember the band talking about this and how much it helped them.

Maybe the rejection of the request wasn't handled by the band and the managment might have stepped on some toes with Conerstone people.

Yes, if I wasn't clear, it was not the band that turned down the opportunity, it was management. At the time I could kind of see the logic - they had just opened for Coldplay, so management probably wanted to keep them available for a potential big tour (with who knows). It just didn't pan out that way. Cornerstone toes might have been stepped on as a result, yes, but that could probably easily be patched over. Or so I hope. I would love to see them there again.

Kit
Sea Post King

Eisley could get a gig at C-Stone without even trying. All you have to do is get their name on the list and they'll get sucked into the top 20 requested bands, easily.
loveisachemical
Vintage Newbie

I guarentee if Eisley wanted to play Cornerstone all they'd have to do is have Boyd or management email staff and ask to play. They are a bigger draw then the majority of the bands who play.
Saturnine67
Sea Post King

and done.

David = Beloved, Roy = King, Marsh = Marsh

So I am the Beloved King of the Marsh.
The Marsh King!!

p.s. check out my band if you're bored
www.myspace.com/celestialmischiefband
Joined: 27 Oct 2005 | Posts: 155 | Location: Battle Creek, MI
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
oliez
Vintage Newbie

that was easy enough. they're already #5...just keep them at 1 once they get there.
Mooncutter
Lost at Forum

And now at 4. Shame all "vote here for Eisley!" contests aren't this easy. There are a lot of good bands on that list, too.
Sea Post King

I don't know, they've placed high/won a lot of voting contests.
Mooncutter
Lost at Forum

Retrovertigo wrote:
That's true, they got Yahoo and whatever. It just feels like that took a lot more energy to accomplish than this is all Laughing
Vintage Newbie

Mooncutter wrote:
Retrovertigo wrote:
That's true, they got Yahoo and whatever. It just feels like that took a lot more energy to accomplish than this is all Laughing

UGO took over the forums life for a few weeks. I don't think people know about this yet. The last one wasn't more than a few months ago. (the countdown still says there're 300+ days left till c.s. 2008). But keeping Eisley on top from the get-go is a good idea.
Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

treetops12 wrote:
Eisley is moving up fast! My strategy when voting for the other 9 bands was to choose bands I've never heard of, because they probably won't interfere with Eisley's ranking.

I hadn't heard of most of these so I voted for A Hill to Die Upon, oops.
Here's the top 20 now if you want to use this strategy:

A Hill To Die Upon
Eisley
Demon Hunter
As I Lay Dying
Blindside
Common Yet Forbidden
Underoath
August Burns Red
Anberlin
Crimson Moonlight
mewithoutYou