Laughing City
<< prev | goto page
 | next >>
mykatjim
Sea Post King

i just watched it (thanks tivo!) and it was great! they did sound a bit off but i think, like everyone else said, it was the sound + nerves. but i still loved seeing MY band (ha!) on national tv! i feel like a proud parent!!! Very Happy

oh. and i didn't think conan was mad at the end. i just thought he was going to throw out the cd to someone in the audience.
Joined: 08 Nov 2003 | Posts: 201 | Location: arlington, texas
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

here it is in case anyone wants to download it. it iwill suffice until we get an hd version

http://www.sendspace.com/file/hsubmz

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube
Kimbrtones
Vintage Newbie

They definitely had that uncontrollable wobbly thing happening in their voice, but I kinda think that is expected for your first national tv performance.
I remember watching Chris Martin when he played for the Grammy's.
He could not gain control of his vocals for anything. He was sooooooo nervous, but I think people realize that.
I thought the mix could have been better for Eisley too, but over all, I think it ended up good.
Catey
Lost at Forum

I can't even begin to imagine how scary it must of been for the band to know that millions of people were watching.

They did good though.
Joined: 02 Aug 2005 | Posts: 1086 | Location: Essex, England
lazerbith
Sea Post King

what are yawl talking about?! they sounded great!!
i mean yeah, it sounded flat(not note wise) but that wasnt their fault...
radiohead could've sounded like that with crappy mixing.
ive heard kelly clarkson sound absolutely raunchy
on some shows and sound really good on others.
so its all relative.
i think they did amazingly. i would've been nauseated with body shakes if i had to do that and they pulled it off soooo well. dang.

GOOD JOB!!!
olimario
Laughing Citizen

No, they definatly sounded nervous and, in turn, not so good. Their voices were all over the place.
I, like many of you, have seen them live and the usually sound great live. I think we can attribute this to nerves.
negatiivethree
Golly, Poster

I'm glad I wasn't the only one to think they sounded a little nervous. It was amazing regardless! I was really feeling it in my blood.
KyleRossP
Sea Post King

I was so exicted to see Eisley on TV!
The performance was pretty good, Stacy's keys were bright and she played flawlessly. I was disappointed they didn't show Chauntelle very much. The girls were visibly nervous, but that's to be expected. Their vocals, especially in the very beginning, were not very tight, but, i think most of us would be the same way knowing millions of people were watching you, with the added stress of it being a big important event like this! The sound mix was pretty horrid; both Sherri and Stacy's vocals were incredibly muffled,while Stacy;s keys were bright and loud, but, that's certainly not Eisley's fault, i just wish those TV sound mixing guys would pay a little more attention to what they're doing. I see a lot of bands on TV who sound bad....you'd hope the sound guys would get the hint. Perhaps nobody ever tells them that they do a poor job mixing?
Overall, it wasn't any mindblowing performance or anything, but, it was good step in the rise of Eisely, and, hopefully it will help get more people to buy the album or come see them in concert this Fall!
guitargirl
Laughing Citizen

I was going to watch or tape it last night, I set my alarm to wake back up to watch it and I was so groggy I went back to sleep. Thank goodness for YouTube and cool people who put things online. I pretty much agree with what everyone has already said.
It seems when they play acoustic, Sherri doesn't have to strain at all. When they play electric, she has to fight more. That's the impression I've gotten.

j'ai pas envie d'être un robot, métro boulot dodo
-Kelli
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
gRegor
the gEek

No one's talking about Weston's performance! When I saw him I just thought how much I wanted to be him.
starnothing
Laughing Citizen

Surprisingly so, Garron seemed the most comfortable. And Chauntelle, but she always is. They all did so good though. I agree with someone else who said 80% of viewers won't realize the little things in the sound that we do...because they're being introduced completely to th is song & band for the first time.
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

Radiohead's last late night performance was 2+2=5 i believe and i remember it not sounding too great.

to me it seemed the biggest ingredient missing to the eisley sound was the reverb. every time i've seen them they've had "dreamy sounding" reverb, so if they're use to singing with that and then it's gone, of course that will throw them off on how long to hold out notes, etc.

then again, i watched it on my crummy tv without any kind of sound system and zero bass representation.

hopefully this could lead to performances on the other late night shows.

have they ever said how the Conan thing came to be in the first place?

bamccaig
Sea Post King

I watched it on YouTube. It was good, but the vocals suffered a bit. It was the first time I heard a live version of Invasions, but I got the impression that the vocals for Invasions are just really demanding.

Anyway, it's pretty cool to see Eisley on tv [_albeit via YouTube_ Embarassed].

Sephiroth: I will... never be a memory!
---
Everything changes when you say it out loud.
Joined: 21 Aug 2007 | Posts: 23 | Location: Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, Canada
ghost in the snow
Golly, Poster

I just watched it again on youtube and sat back a little bit and tried to really watch it from a standpoint of someone who doesn't know Eisley very well and you know what? It rocked. I can pick the mixing and levels apart all I want, but the important thing was to make an impression on a new audience and I think it worked.
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

ghost in the snow wrote:
I just watched it again on youtube and sat back a little bit and tried to really watch it from a standpoint of someone who doesn't know Eisley very well and you know what? It rocked. I can pick the mixing and levels apart all I want, but the important thing was to make an impression on a new audience and I think it worked.

Indeed!

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>