Bill Richardson
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 29

My Blackened Crown
Sea Post King

leighish wrote:
My Blackened Crown wrote:

But for all in seriousness, Im not voting, and I will never vote again after my family forced me to vote for Bush at 18. (and im a Conservative)

i don't understand how anyone can force you to vote one way or the other.

They told me they would kick me out on the streets.My family is really really Conservative and I didn't know much about politics at the time.
norad
Vintage Newbie

leighish wrote:

But for all in seriousness, Im not voting, and I will never vote again after my family forced me to vote for Bush at 18. (and im a Conservative)

They told me they would kick me out on the streets.My family is really really Conservative and I didn't know much about politics at the time.

And how would they even know who you voted for? It's called lying.
My Blackened Crown
Sea Post King

CUBSWINWORLDSERIES wrote:
leighish wrote:

Seriously. Don't you have private ballots in SC?

Lived in CT at the time. They watched me vote. My mother made sure I voted for "the correct choice"
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

CUBSWINWORLDSERIES wrote:
leighish wrote:

Seriously. Don't you have private ballots in SC?

Lived in CT at the time. They watched me vote. My mother made sure I voted for "the correct choice"

That pains me terribly. But seriously, go vote next time and don't take your mom with you. Don't give up your right to vote out of intimidation or hard feelings about last time. Too many people have died to protect and insure that right. And your mom does not get to vote twice.
rmlawrence
Vintage Newbie

I'm very much intrigued by Ron Paul even though I don't agree with some of his positions. However, I feel like I can trust him a lot.

I'm not sure what to make of the whole "candidates say what they think people want to hear" idea. Aren't they supposed to be the representatives of the people? So shouldn't they be expressing the will of the people? Of course, saying what someone wants to hear without having any real intention of doing what they want... well... that's different.

I like Ron Paul because he comes across as genuine. He seems sincerely interested in helping this country and its citizens while upholding the Constitution. And I do like some of his positions. I just wish I liked more of them.

I still have a lot to learn about all the candidates though. I know a bit more about Ron Paul because he happens to be the representative for the district I live in. In fact, he lives here and Lake Jackson and he actually aided in the delivery of my oldest sister (he's an ob/gyn). Go figure.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
im the sea king
Golly, Poster

kucinich is the best. he wants peace, love and legalization. Very Happy

wait for it

DARY!
norad
Vintage Newbie

im the sea king wrote:

Legalization of?
tahruh
Vintage Newbie

patrock wrote:
im the sea king wrote:

Legalization of?
Weed.
norad
Vintage Newbie

tahruh wrote:
patrock wrote:
im the sea king wrote:

Legalization of?
Weed.

Oh, then he wont have my vote then. (Not like I will be voting though)
tahruh
Vintage Newbie

rmlawrence wrote:
(he's an ob/gyn). Go figure.
Hmm, I didn't know that. George'll be happy; When campaigning, Ron can practice his love with women all over the country. Laughing Rolling Eyes

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqcfGp2tMW0)

madcat2089
Sea Post King

thebrightestfirefly wrote:
oosker wrote:
I dont understand the Obama hype. I'm unsure about Hillary, she seems a bit borderline to me. John Edwards all the way.

yeah, i dont see all the hype around obama, and honestly, i think hes going to fizzle.

the 'hype' is that Hillary would only continue this Clinton/Bush era which needs to be put to an end and Obama would start the new. then I guess everyone just has faith the new turns out better than the last.
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

madcat2089 wrote:
oosker wrote:
I dont understand the Obama hype. I'm unsure about Hillary, she seems a bit borderline to me. John Edwards all the way.

yeah, i dont see all the hype around obama, and honestly, i think hes going to fizzle.

the 'hype' is that Hillary would only continue this Clinton/Bush era which needs to be put to an end and Obama would start the new. then I guess everyone just has faith the new turns out better than the last.

I always assumed his hype was based around the fact that he's the first black guy to run for president that doesn't come off like a chimp.

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
rmlawrence
Vintage Newbie

tahruh wrote:
rmlawrence wrote:
(he's an ob/gyn). Go figure.
Hmm, I didn't know that. George'll be happy; When campaigning, Ron can practice his love with women all over the country. Laughing Rolling Eyes

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqcfGp2tMW0)

Wow. What an unfortunate choice of words.

Your comment made no sense to me... and then I watched the video.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
tahruh
Vintage Newbie

Pantheon4 wrote:
madcat2089 wrote:
oosker wrote:

I always assumed his hype was based around the fact that he's the first black guy to run for president that doesn't come off like a chimp.
Well duh.

Rolling Eyes

vivalaspopie
Vintage Newbie

oosker wrote:

ahem:

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>