Laughing City
sleepydusk
Sea Post King

I didn't like "Emergency" and the other single from their other album ("Pressure?") but I totally love "Misery Business." but even when I didn't like them I wouldn't say I'd rather eat a bowl of my own vomit. I'm sure they're good at what they do, why be so mean to them?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Caley
Lost at Forum

I wouldn't mind a Paramore/Eisley tour simply because all of the people I know who like Paramore like Eisley as well. So I doubt there would be many Eisley hecklers in the crowd... it will probably be the other way around if there was a tour.

And from what I hear (someone mentioned that NFG and Paramore have a higher likelihood of going on tour with each other) there are rumors going around that NFG and Paramore might tour together in the UK. That's what I've been hearing at least. May be nothing.

starnothing
Laughing Citizen

Geez. How come you guys have to argue in every thread? Confused Sad
My Blackened Crown
Sea Post King

Alright, I admit that one single is alright, its kinda catchy, but there are tons of more awesomer bands out there. Example: Eisley.
comeclean
Sea Post King

I would love a Paramore/Eisley tour. I like both, and haven't seen Paramore live. And, I think they would make it a fun tour together since they all like each other.
Golly, Poster

starnothing wrote:
Geez. How come you guys have to argue in every thread? Confused Sad

uhhh dont include me.. im just postwh0ring here.. Laughing

"As an artist... I feel that we must try many things - but above all, we must dare to fail. You must have the courage to be bad - to be willing to risk everything to really express it all..."
Joined: 16 Aug 2007 | Posts: 948 | Location: Cebu Rock City, Philippines baby!!
My Blackened Crown
Sea Post King

comeclean wrote:
I would love a Paramore/Eisley tour. I like both, and haven't seen Paramore live. And, I think they would make it a fun tour together since they all like each other.

Not exactly...Paramore hasthe "suck" factor that Eisley doesn't have. All these bands they are with are subtly shaping the way they think and make music, its influence, its psychology. Once you hang out with the wrong crowd, you feel you have to Keeping up with the heavily-abysmal joneses and sucks them in too. They should be touring with more sophisticated bands anyways. Look at the lyrics. Combination's lyrics are haunting, emotional, and brought tears to my eyes. Now paramore's album, riot! is childish at the best. Their highschool-oriented pop-punk anthems are good for people ages 12-15. Its just simple marketing, concluding with; "simple music for simple, ignorant people" These people listening to Paramore and New Found Glory (yeah, yeah, calm down) have to expand their horizons and find a deeper understanding in the music they listen to.
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

My Blackened Crown wrote:
These people listening to Paramore and New Found Glory (yeah, yeah, calm down) have to expand their horizons and find a deeper understanding in the music they listen to.

I agree that anyone who listens solely to that kind of music needs to get out more, but I think it's perfectly acceptable to like those bands in addition to others who may have more musical or lyrical talent. That happens a lot when it's the first band that gets you into music... that's why I still love Semisonic. Wink

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
loveisachemical
Vintage Newbie

comeclean wrote:

Not exactly...Paramore hasthe "suck" factor that Eisley doesn't have. All these bands they are with are subtly shaping the way they think and make music, its influence, its psychology. Once you hang out with the wrong crowd, you feel you have to Keeping up with the heavily-abysmal joneses and sucks them in too. They should be touring with more sophisticated bands anyways. Look at the lyrics. Combination's lyrics are haunting, emotional, and brought tears to my eyes. Now paramore's album, riot! is childish at the best. Their highschool-oriented pop-punk anthems are good for people ages 12-15. Its just simple marketing, concluding with; "simple music for simple, ignorant people" These people listening to Paramore and New Found Glory (yeah, yeah, calm down) have to expand their horizons and find a deeper understanding in the music they listen to.

R U SINGLE CUZ I WANT 2 DATE?
Lady_Gown
Sea Post King

I've never listened to Paramore, but I think you need to expand your horizons, I really think you should open your mind a little. Not that it matters what I think anyways, but seriously... It's the kind of people they are what's really important, not the music they play. If their music sucks, well, just don't listen to them; but if they are good people then it's great that the Eisleys are hanging out with them. My humble opinion.
Joined: 02 May 2006 | Posts: 274 | Location: Asteroid B-612
Catey
Lost at Forum

I don't get what the big deal is. Considering that both Hayley and Stacy are the same age and if you look it in an age way, they're going through the same things but maybe on differet levels so perhaps the songs aren't that different but are just presented in a different way.

Combinations has a lot of songs about love, right? And RIOT! has songs about love but because Paramore do it in a pop-punk way while Eisley do it in a...more mature and less obvious kind of way.

Whatever way, as long as the kids are happy that is what matters. It's good to see a band like Paramore who've been shoved into the limelight be able to be like normal teenagers and relax with people who have the low-key lifestyle that they used to have.
Joined: 02 Aug 2005 | Posts: 1086 | Location: Essex, England
elialovesmusic
Sea Post King

comeclean wrote:

Whoa, I just think there is no need to exaggerate here. The eisley gang obviously get along with the paramore crowd & there's nothing wrong with that. I think you should take it down a notch, you are over analyzing the whole situation. The eisley gang are not going to turn into paramore clones, they've already established what kind of band they are.
Geez.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
norad
Vintage Newbie

Uh...all I can "say" to My Blackened Crown is... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
My Blackened Crown
Sea Post King

Saellys wrote:
These people listening to Paramore and New Found Glory (yeah, yeah, calm down) have to expand their horizons and find a deeper understanding in the music they listen to.

that's why I still love Semisonic. Wink

Semisonic kick ass.

oh and Patrock, Rolling Eyes to you too!
RockerChick
Sea Post King

I don't think anyone was questioning Eisley hanging out with Paramore, cause that's irrelevant. I think it's an argument over touring together and if they would match musically. Which they don't.

I think My Blackened Crow was trying to say that the market for bands like Paramore tend to be pre-teens/young teenagers who may not look at music the same way that say a twenty-something or older adult would. And I think we all agree that Eisley has a more mature pop sound that is fitting for more than just that young audience. Unfortunately, I think most of the bands they tour with limit them to that kind of audience, and that they don't get the exposure they need elsewhere. So while an Eisley/Paramore tour would be really awesome, I don't know if it would really accomplish anything in terms of marketing outside of the "MTV crowd."

Juuuust sayin'.

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>