Laughing City
vintage_snowflake
Golly, Poster

I don't like Paramore weither, but please just stop slamming them. I mean, I've seen eisley go through the same thing on a lot of boards just cause Eisley married into NFG, and half the stuff they say there simply isn't true. If they're friends, I think we should respect that and not go on about how we'd rather eat vomit. Thgat's a bit extreme, so just keep your shirt on. I don't think it's nice to go around insulting people just because they make music you don't like. If they hang with the duprees, they are prolly very nice people, and I'm glad they have friends in the buissess and let's just leave it at that.
Caley
Lost at Forum

I like Paramore and I'm actually going to see them on Nov. 17 in Dallas... I love the fact that they're my age, and are creating catchy music and put on energetic shows while still sounding good. So what it's not profound or deep to you, but there are a lot of people who would beg to differ. So what their fanbase is made up of younger kids, it doesn't means that they're music less impactful. Just because teens are the majority doesn't mean they're incompetent of what "good" music is. I'm a Paramore fan, 17, and I love Eisley (obviously), Arcade Fire, Blonde Redhead, Shout Out Louds, Broken Social Scene, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Ben Kweller, Azure Ray, Elliott Smith, Sigur Ros, Midlake, etc. Just because I'm a teen who likes Paramore doesn't mean that I don't have a taste for this so called "real" music.

A lot of Paramore fans absolutely adore Eisley and don't have anything negative to say about 'em, yet here, ha! I just think it's ironic that the people saying those kids who only listen to NFG and Paramore need to expand their horizons, yet they're hiding behind this "indier than thou" persona that's quite narrow-minded. I remember a few discussions about how those NFG fans were probably the easiest crowds that got turned on to Eisley's music whereas Snow Patrol's didn't ever really come around. Haha, so it seems like those NFG fans are pretty broad with their taste.

To stay on topic though, I find Eisley and Paramore hanging out is really cool, especially since they're close in age and have gone through similar things.

hisownshot
Vintage Newbie

I really don't care who Eisley hang out with. If they enjoy Paramore's company, than that's good for them and I hope they build some good and even lasting friendships... but that really has nothing to do with my opinion for Paramore's music.

I once read that the people in Paramore used to be in a cover band that covered soul R&B kind of stuff like Aretha, and what I just don't understand is if they're into that kind of stuff and know how to play it, why don't they? All I can do is assume they just enjoy what they do more than that. I don't know, personally, I'm not a fan of Paramore. I have lots of friends who are, though... and it's fun to listen to when we're all in the car together on a long drive or something, but I wouldn't listen to it on my own. I'm a music snob... I admit it.

i'm gonna marry the mars volta.
Joined: 01 Nov 2003 | Posts: 8260 | Location: new hampshire
loveisachemical
Vintage Newbie

TheAntrider wrote:
patrock wrote:
B) it's fun and catchy to listen to.

Everyone acts like they've toured exclusively with pop-punk bands, but the NFG tour is the ONLY one they've done with pop-punkers.

I would consider Brand New (at the time they toured together), Taking Back Sunday, and Brighten to all have a good deal of pop-punkness in them, or at least something along that same vein.

Anyhow, Eisley should befriend anyone they care to, and if they tour with a band I don't like, I'll just bow out for that part of the show, or not go (if it's too expensive).
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

loveisachemical wrote:
TheAntrider wrote:
patrock wrote:

Everyone acts like they've toured exclusively with pop-punk bands, but the NFG tour is the ONLY one they've done with pop-punkers.

I would consider Brand New (at the time they toured together), Taking Back Sunday, and Brighten to all have a good deal of pop-punkness in them, or at least something along that same vein.

I guess that's an easy point of argument. I couldn't put those bands in the same neighborhood as NFG, Green Day or Blink 182. At the same time, they're not really "emo," either. Though they are a lot closer to what emo originated from (BN and TBS descended from hardcore). With exception of Brand New's first album, which was pretty pop-punk. But from the 2nd album on, they didn't resemble that very much. But this is all nitpicky. Brighten is in the very same niche, I agree. But I don't consider this niche to be pop-punk.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

TheAntrider wrote:
loveisachemical wrote:
TheAntrider wrote:
patrock wrote:

I guess that's an easy point of argument. I couldn't put those bands in the same neighborhood as NFG, Green Day or Blink 182. At the same time, they're not really "emo," either. Though they are a lot closer to what emo originated from (BN and TBS descended from hardcore). With exception of Brand New's first album, which was pretty pop-punk. But from the 2nd album on, they didn't resemble that very much. But this is all nitpicky. Brighten is in the very same niche, I agree. But I don't consider this niche to be pop-punk.

The term "pop-punk" means less than "indie" and "emo" these days, and that's saying something. Remember, Eisley have been called pop-punk too. It's absurd, but people have long since stopped using appropriate genre-specific terms for music. We might as well call it all postmodern now.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
jamiga
Vintage Newbie

Awww man!!! Paramore is in Tyler?! I want to meet Hayley and the gang so bad! Okay. I have to calm down. I'm about to get really hyper.
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

jamiga wrote:
Awww man!!! Paramore is in Tyler?! I want to meet Hayley and the gang so bad! Okay. I have to calm down. I'm about to get really hyper.

By the way, are you going to see them in November in Dallas?

mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

hisownshot wrote:
I'm a music snob... I admit it.

ah, but you're a musician. Or at least, a musician-to-be. Or, at the very least, incredibly musical.

So that's allowed. Wink

Oh, i was going to buy the album the other month as a suck it and see. But the song got played on the radio the other day. My overall feeling was of relief that i chose not to spend upward of ten pound. Laughing

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland
jamiga
Vintage Newbie

TheAntrider wrote:
jamiga wrote:

It seems like I always end up having to work when they come to Texas.
But I would give anything to be able to go!! I would definitely be the crazy one up front jumping and screaming every word!! LOL!

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

jamiga wrote:
TheAntrider wrote:
jamiga wrote:

It seems like I always end up having to work when they come to Texas.
But I would give anything to be able to go!! I would definitely be the crazy one up front jumping and screaming every word!! LOL!

Aw. Well, you should ask off now! It'd be fun to go if you need someone to go with, and I wouldn't mind taking pictures of them, either.

guitarfreak217
Vintage Newbie

loveisachemical wrote:
My Blackened Crown wrote:
comeclean wrote:
I would love a Paramore/Eisley tour. I like both, and haven't seen Paramore live. And, I think they would make it a fun tour together since they all like each other.

Not exactly...Paramore hasthe "suck" factor that Eisley doesn't have. All these bands they are with are subtly shaping the way they think and make music, its influence, its psychology. Once you hang out with the wrong crowd, you feel you have to Keeping up with the heavily-abysmal joneses and sucks them in too. They should be touring with more sophisticated bands anyways. Look at the lyrics. Combination's lyrics are haunting, emotional, and brought tears to my eyes. Now paramore's album, riot! is childish at the best. Their highschool-oriented pop-punk anthems are good for people ages 12-15. Its just simple marketing, concluding with; "simple music for simple, ignorant people" These people listening to Paramore and New Found Glory (yeah, yeah, calm down) have to expand their horizons and find a deeper understanding in the music they listen to.

R U SINGLE CUZ I WANT 2 DATE?

Dana, you win this thread.

em-tucky
Sea Post King

CUBSWINWORLDSERIES wrote:
So following the every DuPree hooks up with a rocker theory, is Garron seeing Hayley? Razz

Isn't the drummer, Zac around the same age as Stacy? Wink
norad
Vintage Newbie

em-tucky wrote:
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES wrote:
So following the every DuPree hooks up with a rocker theory, is Garron seeing Hayley? Razz

Isn't the drummer, Zac around the same age as Stacy? Wink

He just turned 17 (according to Wiki) and Stacy is going to be 19. Ow ow! A younger man!
greensuburbs
Sea Post King

Bring it on. Hayley's hot.

Smile

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>