Laughing City
Leeches
Sea Post King

I'm heading there with my best friends: Julia, who will be in neon raver attire. Jessica, dunno how she's dressing, and myself, a Rococo fairy. Very Happy If you want we can all hang before the show.
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Cool! I saw Eisley at The Big Easy on the Winter West Tour, and it was a ton of fun. I hope you enjoy the show!

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
starnothing
Laughing Citizen

why havent you lazy people posted a review yet?!!!! Laughing Wink
guitargirl
Laughing Citizen

starnothing wrote:

At this very moment it's only 9:15PM in Boise. so it might take a few more minutes. Smile

j'ai pas envie d'être un robot, métro boulot dodo
-Kelli
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

guitargirl wrote:
starnothing wrote:

At this very moment it's only 9:15PM in Boise. so it might take a few more minutes. Smile

Nothing good ever came of the Mountain Time Zone. *shakes fist*

Just kidding. It's forgotten, but not a useless time zone. Smile

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
guitargirl
Laughing Citizen

I've lived in the MST my entire life. Don't be insulting it. Cool

j'ai pas envie d'être un robot, métro boulot dodo
-Kelli
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

guitargirl wrote:
I've lived in the MST my entire life. Don't be insulting it. Cool

Ha. I lived in it for half a year. I'd be partially insulting myself. Smile

Leeches
Sea Post King

Yeah...
Just got back. In Eisley haze. XD DIDJA SEE THE GIRL WHO KEPT LIKE.. SMACKING PEOPLE WITH HER BIG ASS FAIRY WINGS AND HER REALLY TALL FRIEND AND RANDOM CHICK IN JAPANESE-ISH CLOTHES?
Us.
They remembered me from meeting them in San Diego. Lollerskates.
No pictures, 'cause I'm a dork and forgot my camera and phone. But with my attire, I'm betting some will pop up eventually. XD

Poor Chauntelle and Sherri with their spazzy equipment.

Kayci
Golly, Poster

Leeches wrote:
Yeah...
Just got back. In Eisley haze. XD DIDJA SEE THE GIRL WHO KEPT LIKE.. SMACKING PEOPLE WITH HER BIG ASS FAIRY WINGS AND HER REALLY TALL FRIEND AND RANDOM CHICK IN JAPANESE-ISH CLOTHES?
Us.
They remembered me from meeting them in San Diego. Lollerskates.
No pictures, 'cause I'm a dork and forgot my camera and phone. But with my attire, I'm betting some will pop up eventually. XD

Poor Chauntelle and Sherri with their spazzy equipment.

Hey, did they have the merch yet?
uncreative
Vintage Newbie

Leeches wrote:
I'm heading there with my best friends: Julia, who will be in neon raver attire. Jessica, dunno how she's dressing, and myself, a Rococo fairy. Very Happy If you want we can all hang before the show.
ha! I was standing literally right behind you. As in, I was the one who kept getting hit by your wings, hahaha. It was cool though, I didn't mind too much Smile

Kayci wrote:
Hey, did they have the merch yet?
Yes, they had all the new ones, I bought the new grey shirt.

And speaking of the dang Moutain time zone... it almost made me late for the show. I came from Oregon, in the Pacific time zone, and we got there at 5:15 Oregon time, then we went in Wendy's to eat and saw the clock said 6:15, and we're like "crap!" We didn't even know where the place was so we had to ask a bunch of people for directions, find a place to park (Boise has fantastic parking garages, 1 hour free, then $1.50 every hour after, in Portland it's like $10 for the first hour, and $2 each additional hour, like you all needed to know that...), anyway, we got in the venue about 6:55 Boise time, got behind the fairy girl, who was only right behind a couple of guys, so we were pretty dang close, and Eisley came out about 7:10. One of Chauntelle's guitars, or amp, or something went out right before Come Clean, so she picked up the acoustic for that song, and it sounded great. and Garron kept stepping on Sherri's chords, haha. All in all, it was a fantastic show, I was a little dissapointed they didn't do Trolley Wood, because that seems like a great live song, but I'm sure I can hear that when they do a headlining tour, but the the vocals were amazing, the crowd was great, and it was all I could have ask for, being my first Eisley concert and all. Now I get to do it all over again tomorrow night in Portland, woo!

After the set, we were back by the merch stand, and I struck up a conversation with Boyd. Told him that I love his blog, and that I just found Eisley a couple months ago, and that it was my first time seeing them. He is a GREAT guy. I asked him if there were any extra set lists lying around, and he actually went to find the sound guys or something to check, he couldn't find any, but he said he'd print me up one from the Boise show and Portland show and give them to me tomorrow night. Then I just told the band that I thought they were great, and that I'll see them again in a couple nights. We didn't stay for Mute Math because we had to drive 7 hours back to Portland, but I'm going to stay and watch them tomorrow night. At the moment, I am back in Oregon, but totally wired on coffee and adrenaline, I doubt I'll get to bed soon... Laughing
Mooncutter
Lost at Forum

Speaking of Mute Math and last night, did anyone see them on Jimmy Kimmel? They preformed backwards, talk about epic.
Laughing Citizen

i saw it. i'm still so confused as to how that works.
norad
Vintage Newbie

starnothing wrote:

The audience there saw them play it backwards and they put it in reverse for the TV audience so the song was played normally but they were moving backwards. I don't think that makes sense... Confused Laughing
Mooncutter
Lost at Forum

starnothing wrote:
Their video for the song was one of those "everything's happening to me in reverse" type deals. Think Coldplay's "The Scientist." So essentially what they did was they all the choreography to the entire video forwards in one live shot in front of the audience. Of course, to make this look real when they reverse it this meant they had to sing and play their instruments backwards, which is pretty impressive, even if they synched over it at the end.
Laughing Citizen

Ok, yeah, thanks guys. That's what I thought.
But I guess that meant they also played the song normally, and put the audio of that over that.
Yeah. Laughing