Laughing City
Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

patrock wrote:
hisownshot wrote:
Mooncutter wrote:
I think Taking Control would be a better-received single over Go Away

Agree... something about Go Away just seems too fluff repetative blah. Haha, I don't know.

Maybe it's the "Go away, go away leave me on my own. Go away, go away leave me on my own."? There isn't much to the chorus.

Yeah, but it gets the point across, doesn't it? Laughing

Anyway, most choruses in general don't have much to them, it seems. I think either of those songs would work well for a second push.
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Mystic210 wrote:
patrock wrote:
hisownshot wrote:
Mooncutter wrote:
I think Taking Control would be a better-received single over Go Away

Agree... something about Go Away just seems too fluff repetative blah. Haha, I don't know.

Maybe it's the "Go away, go away leave me on my own. Go away, go away leave me on my own."? There isn't much to the chorus.

Yeah, but it gets the point across, doesn't it? Laughing .

Ha, yeah. Sometimes, the best way to say something is just to say it. I get tired of everything being convoluted, just the same as I get tired of everything being overly simplistic. Variety is a good thing.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

There isn't much meaty lyrical substance to the top 40 charts in general. Go Away would be perfect (plus it's got a beautiful melody and instrumentation).

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
princesstripandfall
Lost at Forum

considering that the number one song on itunes right now starts with

"it's britney, b****"

i'd say either song is far more meaningful than most things on the radio right now, but Taking Control has more single potential. I do think that Go Away and Come Clean are particularly repetitive. Come Clean could use another verse or a longer bridge...or something.
Caley
Lost at Forum

^I agree about Taking Control's potential commercial success. My sister who's never really liked Eisley's music is in love with Taking Control. That song alone is what got her to ask if she could tag along with my friend and I to the Dallas show coming up, which surprised me since she's been to two of their shows before and expressed that she wouldn't want to go to anymore. Also, she enjoys Combinations-- she's been asking me to bring my copy of the CD along with me when we go on our random drives. I think she likes the sound of this album-- it's maturity-- whereas pre-RN/RN was too fantasy for her (she always laughed at Mr. Pine and Marvelous Things).

Also, my sister's favorite artists are what mainstream radio plays, like 106.1 for Dallasites. So if she can really get into Taking Control, I'm sure many radio listeners out there could too.

Jared x
Lost at Forum

Taking Control would definitely be my first choice for their next single as I think it is probably the most radio friendly song on the entire album. Well, that or maybe A Sight To Behold. I think they would both catch peoples' attention.
sleepydusk
Sea Post King

my friend really hates Taking Control and says it sounds like it was just written to be a pop song and is fluffy, but I don't agree at all. I think it's beautiful and I love the interlocking vocals. On the other hand I think Go Away is sort of bland--Taking Control would definitely make a better single.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
nevernever
Laughing Citizen

i want Come Clean as the next single. but that won't happen.
ah, life.
Joined: 10 Nov 2005 | Posts: 1692 | Location: orange county, ca
Mooncutter
Lost at Forum

Caley wrote:
^I agree about Taking Control's potential commercial success. My sister who's never really liked Eisley's music is in love with Taking Control. That song alone is what got her to ask if she could tag along with my friend and I to the Dallas show coming up, which surprised me since she's been to two of their shows before and expressed that she wouldn't want to go to anymore.
Also, my sister's favorite artists are what mainstream radio plays, like 106.1 for Dallasites. So if she can really get into Taking Control, I'm sure many radio listeners out there could too.
That's where I'm coming from. I have this one friend who passionately hates Eisley because she thinks they're "too country" (don't ask, I couldn't answer), yet one day I had my iPod on shuffle and she started gushing about how amazing Taking Control was and kept asking who the band was. I think that, because it's got a stronger, more upbeat chorus, its much more accessible to fans of all sorts of genres. If Eisley led with Go Away next I'd be afraid people would write it off as "just some whiny chick's breakup song." This isn't to say I don't think it'd be a good single, though. I feel that if they had some level of success with Taking Control or some other song that Go Away would be a great way to show the band's more mellow side.
Laughing Citizen

i dont like taking control very much , except the last part.(overlapping pretty voices ftw)
it seems a little bland and jumps too fast into the chorus, as if it's trying to be immediately catchy. Confused
no offense to the band.
im sure i have my right to state opinions right?
i dont want to be scared to state my own opinion about a song.
theres good and bad about it.
good-sherri's voice in this song.

<< prev | goto page