Laughing City
madsenfan35
Golly, Poster

I haven't posted on here in years (I haven't been able to keep up with the internet ever since I started college), but I just thought that I would mention that I work at the Gap and they have been playing Eisley songs. They played "Taking Control" yesterday, and I heard "Ten Cent Blues" today. It made me really excited. The Gap has the best songs sometimes. They've been playing Travis, Ben Kweller, Feist, old school Death Cab, and old school Modest Mouse. Good times. Makes working a whole lot more fun.
- Dougie Payne, bassist of Travis
================================
http://www.xanga.com/madsenfan35
Joined: 09 Feb 2004 | Posts: 544 | Location: Silverlake, Los Angeles, CA
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

madsenfan35 wrote:
I haven't posted on here in years (I haven't been able to keep up with the internet ever since I started college), but I just thought that I would mention that I work at the Gap and they have been playing Eisley songs. They played "Taking Control" yesterday, and I heard "Ten Cent Blues" today. It made me really excited. The Gap has the best songs sometimes. They've been playing Travis, Ben Kweller, Feist, old school Death Cab, and old school Modest Mouse. Good times. Makes working a whole lot more fun.

Hey! Good to see you. Smile That's cool ... I'm glad they're doing something right. ha ha.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
crazeemunkeyz
Laughing Citizen

TheAntrider wrote:
I'm glad they're doing something right. ha ha.

Surprised I like the gap!
norad
Vintage Newbie

The Gap seems like a very large store with very little merchandise in it. As well as everything looks the same all the time. BUT, they do play good music and have John Mayer as one their spokes people. Mmm sexy!
crazeemunkeyz
Laughing Citizen

Well, I only shop there because they have comfy, people with short legs, jeans.
thebrightestfirefly
Lost at Forum

crazeemunkeyz wrote:
Well, I only shop there because they have comfy, people with short legs, jeans.

haha yeah i get almost all my jeans from there. its hard to find jeans when your only 5'2 1/2.

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

crazeemunkeyz wrote:
TheAntrider wrote:
I'm glad they're doing something right. ha ha.

Surprised I like the gap!

Heh. Well, last time I looked they were pretty iffy. Granted, I was looking at the guy's clothes only and the company was in severe financial trouble. Maybe they've righted the ship some.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
Terebinthia
Vintage Newbie

patrock wrote:
The Gap seems like a very large store with very little merchandise in it. As well as everything looks the same all the time. BUT, they do play good music and have John Mayer as one their spokes people. Mmm sexy!

And every once and a while they seem to pick awesome-looking celebrities for their ads...like...Wentworth Miller.

I always seem to walk into the store and notice them playing what sounds like rave music...no Eisley yet. :-/

Commentary on creepy online men who use fake photos of girly Fabiosos to get the ladies:

"The longer my hair gets, the more sexy I have" - Jamie M.
Joined: 10 Jan 2005 | Posts: 3967 | Location: In between here and there.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
norad
Vintage Newbie

HOT. SEXY. MMM.

starnothing
Laughing Citizen

thats so awesome.. everyones playing eisley Very Happy
i wonder if old navy is too?
madsenfan35
Golly, Poster

Terebinthia wrote:
I always seem to walk into the store and notice them playing what sounds like rave music...no Eisley yet. :-/

Ugh, rave music? How horrible. Hmm...maybe each store plays different music? I don't know how the music system works.

vivalaspopie
Vintage Newbie

My grandmother says Gap has trouble deciding who they are marketing to.

*shrug*
madsenfan35
Golly, Poster

patrock wrote:
HOT. SEXY. MMM.

There's a giant picture of him behind the cashier at my Gap and for some reason, I never realized it was John Mayer until somebody pointed it out. It doesn't look quite like him to me.

starnothing
Laughing Citizen

madsenfan35 wrote:
Terebinthia wrote:

Ugh, rave music? How horrible. Hmm...maybe each store plays different music? I don't know how the music system works.

Having worked at Old Navy before, i'm pretty sure they give them a cd that they must play the whole day.

And, i think Gap Inc. DOES like to try to reach everyone, all diff kinds of people - that's why you'll find different music all the time. Smile
jabberjaw_04
Golly, Poster

patrock wrote:
HOT. SEXY. MMM.

There's a huge banner of that picture in Hollywood, above the gap store. When I first saw it I was wondering if that was John Mayer, cause woah! Shocked

goto page
 | next >>