Laughing City
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

I know they have the tour and the street team stuff, but where is the WB push? I discovered Eisley over at Yahoo Music about 2 1/2 years or more ago, but they don't even have an Eisley video from Combinations up there (Invasion drops as a single, but the video only gets pushed out to youtube and a couple other places?) I find the lack of push puzzling. Any thoughts or insight from anyone? And I thought the Invasion video was just a "viral" video, and the "real" video was coming. Much like the real video for IWP (minus all that dialogue) never came out, I am wondering if the real video for invasion will be coming out. I know they're out on tour, but surely all of this was thought of in the months leading up to the album release.
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

They might be saving some for around the headlining tour. I hope.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
rockchick1959
Golly, Poster

i dunno, from what i can tell from my limited knowledge, this is looking like the lack of push that happened with RN but maybe stuff is brewing behind the scene, about to WHOMP the world with eisley (in a good way of course).

http://kimschaefer.bandcamp.com/

http://youtube.com/kimschaefermusic
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

But my point was that Room Noises had more push at this point (Yahoo, MTV, etc...). I have yet to see the viral video pushed out. Is it just Invasion viral video on youtube, and then the band gets out there and pushes their album themselves, with nothing much else to convince anyone to buy / play their album / single?
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

CUBSWINWORLDSERIES wrote:
Is it just Invasion viral video on youtube, and then the band gets out there and pushes their album themselves, with nothing much else to convince anyone to buy / play their album / single?

As far as I can see, yes. Eisley may as well just have a P&D deal with WB, for all the good it's doing them.

Oh wait, I forgot--WB got them a tour bus. All is forgiven! Rolling Eyes

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

Saellys wrote:
Is it just Invasion viral video on youtube, and then the band gets out there and pushes their album themselves, with nothing much else to convince anyone to buy / play their album / single?

As far as I can see, yes. Eisley may as well just have a P&D deal with WB, for all the good it's doing them.

P&D = Pressing and Distribution, Pickup & Delivery, or Production & Development? I think you refer to the first P&D, though the second is pretty close as well (pickup the master copy from producer and band, deliver copies to the band to try to sell at concerts and to a select few stores). Confused
keithabbott
Sea Post King

I think we've seen all we're going to see of promotion for the new CD with the exception of touring publicity and general press reviews. I have a feeling they were waiting for radio to pick it up, which doesn't appear to have happened much. They're just hasn't been enough overall acceptance of the CD to catalyst any further pressure from the label. I hope I'm wrong, but at this point I'd say it's safe to assume the major push is over.
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Saellys wrote:

P&D = Pressing and Distribution, Pickup & Delivery, or Production & Development? I think you refer to the first P&D, though the second is pretty close as well (pickup the master copy from producer and band, deliver copies to the band to try to sell at concerts and to a select few stores). Confused

Pressing and Distribution is the one.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

Saellys wrote:
Saellys wrote:

Pressing and Distribution is the one.

Yeah. I know. I was making a point with the other 2. Smile
crazeemunkeyz
Laughing Citizen

yeah. i'm thinking that what's already happened is kind of it.
pazatronix!
Lost at Forum

TheAntrider wrote:
They might be saving some for around the headlining tour. I hope.

i was hoping this was true also. Confused
rockchick1959
Golly, Poster

i hope so. EISLEY DESERVES TO BE PUSHED MORE! i think its our job to start stepping up the radio requests...

http://kimschaefer.bandcamp.com/

http://youtube.com/kimschaefermusic
oliez
Vintage Newbie

rockchick1959 wrote:
i hope so. EISLEY DESERVES TO BE PUSHED MORE! i think its our job to start stepping up the radio requests...

I think that boat for Invasion has set sail already (unless there is another video in the works). If radio hasn't picked it up yet it's time to move on. I'm pretty disapointed with what I've seen. I'm sure a lots been talked about/planned/done, but possibly not enough. It'll take a lot to get the band any major (as in top 40 radio) attention. A great (medium budgeted) video, a great (radio) song and a ton of support from everyone involved.
gRegor
the gEek

The B&W "Invasion" video was the viral video, yes; only intended for Youtube, Myspace, and other Internet promotion. I doubt you'll ever see that elsewhere.

I don't remember / not sure I heard anything more than talk about their being an official video for Invasion, but I didn't really ask about it either. I did ask how the album was doing and boyd said they (the band) were a little underwhelmed by the numbers, but that the numbers were still up comparatively to Room Noises and the label was quite pleased with that.

A friend of mine, who does video and motion graphics professionally, put together a treatment (proposal) for her idea for a "A Sight to Behold" video and gave it to them in Chicago. I think it's pretty cool and would work great, but we'll see how it goes. I have no idea how that process really goes. Maybe the band needs to go to the label with a good proposal for the video ("Invasion" or whatever) to get things going, rather than the label picking someone at random to make a video ("I Wasn't Prepared", anyone? Well, however that came about, I have no idea, but the point is it stunk).

CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

oliez wrote:
rockchick1959 wrote:

I think that boat for Invasion has set sail already (unless there is another video in the works). If radio hasn't picked it up yet it's time to move on. I'm pretty disapointed with what I've seen. I'm sure a lots been talked about/planned/done, but possibly not enough. It'll take a lot to get the band any major (as in top 40 radio) attention. A great (medium budgeted) video, a great (radio) song and a ton of support from everyone involved.

I am more concerned for the future of the band. I know outward appearances are one thing, but my gut tells me this is make it or move on time (as in Boyd, Kim, family, along with the band, will need to make some hard decisions regarding money if things don't turn around this album cycle to the profitable side). So yeah, a top 40 hit would be lovely. But I'm sure making some money at this, after 10 years, would be more lovely.