Laughing City
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

keltica wrote:
what's The Hills, a tv-series?

yes

redrubberball
Sea Post King

I saw it earlier without hearing about it beforehand and nearly had a heart attack. It started playing and I lept off the couch with my jaw on the floor, eyes as wide as plates and my arm extended, pointing at the TV. Then I turned it up and screamed for my sister to come speedy quick. Even after the 10 second clip ended I just stood there. Crazy. Couldn't believe it. Don't like it really.
treetops12
Vintage Newbie

I hate MTV and The Hills, but I watched it to hear Eisley. And I'm glad I did because Tegan and Sara are the artist of the week and they made the commercial breaks enjoyable. So yay for my 2 favorite bands getting exposure during the same show... even if it is a lame show on a lame channel with a lame audience (no offense to those who watch it). Wink
oliez
Vintage Newbie

wow. you're gone for a couple days and you miss some of the biggest news of the year (well kind of).

feel asleep this afternoon to mtv (easily) and when I woke up TRL was on and when I got out of bed the host was saying coming up they have" a viral music video that would make your skin crawl". My first thought was Eisley, but figured they wouldn't ever be on MTV and so I turned off the tv and went to school and so who knows about that.

I think it's great. They deserve it.
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

oliez wrote:
wow. you're gone for a couple days and you miss some of the biggest news of the year (well kind of).

feel asleep this afternoon to mtv (easily) and when I woke up TRL was on and when I got out of bed the host was saying coming up they have" a viral music video that would make your skin crawl". My first thought was Eisley, but figured they wouldn't ever be on MTV and so I turned off the tv and went to school and so who knows about that.

I think it's great. They deserve it.

oh my gosh, that' be so cool if it was Invasion, yeah buddy...

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
kristal
Sea Post King

Quote:
chichen02 wrote:
bLackeNedcrowN wrote:
umm... ok this is really weird..
i watched the full episode on mtv.com and invasion did not play once, even on that clip with spencer going to visit heidi...

someone say im just crazy... but go see for yourselves

whattheheck. i know. i watched it, didn't notice it, went back and found the spencer scene and some other song is playing. Question Question Question

The Eisley front-page says the episode would play twice with the song. So do they substitute other songs for subsequent reruns? Confused

...how do you guys get to paste the way it does on the discussion board?
Anyway, after seeing this thread, i went to mtv.com to watch "The Hills" clip and ya'll are right. they do NOT play "invasion". it's some guys singing. a song that goes "it's easy to see that everybody else has this down to a science...but not you and me, i can't believe we sell ourselves into science..." although i did see the 30 second youtube clip that someone had up and eisley was playing for that very sequence. very strange.
Joined: 27 Apr 2006 | Posts: 104 | Location: los angeles, ca