Laughing City
mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

LadyJaneGrey wrote:
I gave Sherri a Starbucks card for everyone

I was gunna do that for their time in the UK, but i didn't really have enough money to make it worthwhile: £10 gets about three coffees... I'm glad someone did, though!

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland
Kylee Janai
Vintage Newbie

mad_sam_purple'ead wrote:
LadyJaneGrey wrote:
I gave Sherri a Starbucks card for everyone

I was gunna do that for their time in the UK, but i didn't really have enough money to make it worthwhile: £10 gets about three coffees... I'm glad someone did, though!

Same here. It would have been like a dollar per person, so they would have had to come together with their $ and then just share a cup. Laughing
LadyJaneGrey
Sea Post King

Nice shots! Are you a guy? Were you standing about three rows of people back in front of Stacy? Were you one of the only people singing the lyrics? Were you one of the few people with a real camera? I might have seen you. Very Happy

Anarr
Sea Post King

LadyJaneGrey wrote:

Nice shots! Are you a guy? Were you standing about three rows of people back in front of Stacy? Were you one of the only people singing the lyrics? Were you one of the few people with a real camera? I might have seen you. Very Happy

i am a girl. i was standing in the second row, kind of first row-ish a little bit to the right of sherri, with a kodak camera. and i was singing the lyrics. i doubt you saw my shirt, but i was wearing a edward scissorhands shirt that said "alone in the dark".

btw. new pictures up.

[flickr] http://www.flickr.com/photos/artache
[last.fm] http://www.last.fm/user/owlslikeus/
[livejournal] http://anarr.livejournal.com
[myspace] http://www.myspace.com/kkthnxby
TheAntrider wrote:
I'm inspired to quit doing drugs. So inspired that I will start doing drugs just so I can quit them!

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

LadyJaneGrey wrote:
Here are some things that happened in the show. It was great! I thought they were wonderful.

-The sound messed up real bad a few times...They had to start Many Funerals over! It was like a feedback type noise. Super loud. But they got through it with laughter.

-Sherri announced that she went to American Apparel earlier that day. "Guess what I bought," she said. Stacy answered, "A fanny pack." Everyone laughed as she told us how fanny packs are cool and very convenient. She said it was a little expensive (because she usually buys her fanny packs at thrift stores), but it was the only one she found. "So this next song is Marvelous Things," she concluded, "and it's dedicated to fanny packs." (What's weird is I went in American Apparel that day and saw the fanny pack and thought Sherri would probably like it. Laughing)

-They played Over the Mountains! Here are the songs I remember them playing (not in order): Many Funerals, Taking Control, Come Clean, Go Away, Memories, Over the Mountains, I Could Be There For You, Head Against the Sky, Golly Sandra, A Sight To Behold...there might be one or two I'm missing.

Anyone else who was there please mention anything I'm forgetting!

And now for my personal story...

I went to the Atlanta Acoustic Tour show and had Christie give them some handmade cards I'd made because they didn't come out that night. I made them some for this show, too. I went up to the table and met Stacy first and gave her her card. She seemed grateful. When I handed Sherri's to her, she said, "Did you make us these before?" I said yes, and she said she'd recognized the style or whatever. She and Stacy said it was so sweet, and they gave me hugs! Shocked (I almost died. They were so sweet! Nicer than I ever imagined they'd be. [Not because I thought they would be mean, but just because I didn't know how they'd be!]) I gave Sherri a Starbucks card for everyone, and she was like, "Do you want a t-shirt?" They gave me a free t-shirt!

Oh my gosh, I about cried I was so happy. It was the best night ever. This story will be told to my grandchildren...The night I got to meet, hug and receive a gift from my most favorite band of all time.

MuteMath, like always, was grand. I got to meet Darren...My gosh. He was so friendly. And hilarious. He just talks and talks and asks questions and is so polite and...just friendly!

Boy, people. If you have not made it out to one of these shows, you must.

Very Happy

Awesome! I'm glad you had a good time. Smile

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
kimtastic
Sea Post King

Oh, yes! This was a fantastic show all around. The energy of the crowd was by far the best of any NC crowd I have seen yet.

I got to speak to Boyd for a little bit - he encouraged me to push to the front of the crowd to get my poster signed, but I resisted. He promised to get the band to sign it if I didn't get a spot near them, but a way opened up. Very very nice people. The band actually signed two posters for me - the second one being after some evil person stole the first one right out of my purse Evil or Very Mad But they obliged with the second one, and the girls let me take their picture for my daughter who adores them - sorry Weston and Garron, but she's not into boys yet (she's only 5).

The show was also a costume thing, and my hubby and I dressed up Mute Mathish, and won $500 and a trip to see MM anywhere in the US on their next tour. It was fun. Here we are with Paul - of MM.

I only regret that we weren't able to stay after the MM show and thank them for coming out, but my sick baby needed me, so we went on home. It was fun, though, and I had a great view of Chauntelle from the balcony. She has such a warm expression that it draws you in. Very very fun, and I hope to catch them all again 'round these parts.
Joined: 28 Jul 2007 | Posts: 103 | Location: Borough of the Greens, NC
cactus hands
Sea Post King

i was really proud the way they handled the sound problems.
they are so suave...
Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
LadyJaneGrey
Sea Post King

I'm in Boyd's signing pictures in TrolleyWood! Shocked

It's the last fan picture from the Charlotte show. I'm in the cream vest with red hair and my sister is in the grey vest with a ponytail. Chauntelle is holding her card up to me. Smile

I guess I'll post my pictures with them, even though they are fuzzy from Imageshack.

He told me he wasn't important, but I told him he was the merch guy. Wink